• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis | PSN XBLA |OT| "It can run Crysis"

AEREC

JJD said:
PC Master Race players, is the loss of Ascension a big deal? Never played Crysis!

not really...I didnt mind it but apparently a lot of people didnt like it. It just introduces a short flying section to the game.

iam220

jackdoe said:
Also, yeah, proper speed mode is damn useful for traversing large amounts of nothing quickly.

No no, that's unfortunately what some people used the speed mode exclusively for. It's a very underrated and underused suit power. For one just activating speed mode allows you to move at the speed you would normally sprint without taking any suit power. So that alone makes it usefull. I also use it to flank soldiers after they've discovered my position. I turn on speed, zip out to another location, prone in bushes and cloak and the ai still thinks I'm in my last position. Pretty nifty and very usefull.

The Mana Legend said:
So has the achievement thing been fixed and updated yet? I want to download it, but I want to wait for the update to reach the players first.

Apparently it has according to mycrysis forums and the fix is being rolled out over live

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Never played Crysis. Hows the gameplay? It's a sandbox shooter, so does that mean its more open world than linear? If so, I'd like to pick this up.
I'm sure many would scoff at the comparison, but I liken Crysis to a more open ended Metal Gear Solid 3 kind of experience. It is most certainly NOT an open world game, rather, it takes place within well defined boundaries that just happen to allow for a multitude of approaches. I suppose you could say it's a linear sandbox. The game provides you with a set of tools (weapons + suit powers) and dishes out objectives while allowing you to take any number of unique actions in order to reach said objective.

The core mechanics are all very solid and enjoyable to use, the AI is decent to play with, and the environments interesting and well designed.

It's a fantastic experience and well worth playing.

arena08

iam220 said:
No no, that's unfortunately what some people used the speed mode exclusively for. It's a very underrated and underused suit power. For one just activating speed mode allows you to move at the speed you would normally sprint without taking any suit power. So that alone makes it usefull. I also use it to flank soldiers after they've discovered my position. I turn on speed, zip out to another location, prone in bushes and cloak and the ai still thinks I'm in my last position. Pretty nifty and very usefull.

You can still do that. Its just activated by clicking the stick instead of on the suit-wheel.

jackdoe

iam220 said:
The passive ability is useful for traversal. The active ability is also useful when taking on those tanks.

Kibbles

Lyphen said:
Fuck Microsoft and their MS Points. I'm going to have to spend 40 damn dollars to get enough points cards to purchase this because Canadian cards are only 1400.
You can buy the game for exact price with paypal.

iam220

arena08 said:
You can still do that. Its just activated by clicking the stick instead of on the suit-wheel.

It's no where near as fast from what I can tell.

jackdoe said:
The passive ability is useful for traversal. The active ability is also useful when taking on those tanks.

The passive is usefull for much more than traversal, it really helps in close combat firefights where you're running and gunning. Especially in areas where there a lot of shacks/ cover. My first couple of playthroughs the speed was underused, but the more I played this game (and i play it quite a bit, always coming back to it) the more I've come to appreciate it.

lowrider007 said:
What's wrong with the speed mode in the console version?, I think it's still a good speed and lets you cover a lot of ground, I found that 'Maximum speed' on the PC version of Crysis was a little too fast and it run out way too quickly imo, it still quite fast in the console version.

Whats wrong with it is that it's not what was present in the original. I love to play this game in many different ways, some of my level playthroughs I like to do melee only (delta) for example. Speed was absolutely vital there. What I'm trying to say is that speed as seen in the original was a very cool and usefull suit power. If it's removal/nerf from the console was not because of hardware limitations than it was a big mistaken on cryteks end.

arena08

iam220 said:
It's no where near as fast from what I can tell.

The passive is usefull for much more than traversal, it really helps in close combat firefights where you're running and gunning. Especially in areas where there a lot of shacks/ cover. My first couple of playthroughs the speed was underused, but the more I played this game (and i play it quite a bit, always coming back to it) the more I've come to appreciate it.

Whats wrong with it is that it's not what was present in the original. I love to play this game in many different ways, some of my level playthroughs I like to do melee only (delta) for example. Speed was absolutely vital there. What I'm trying to say is that speed as seen in the original was a very cool and usefull suit power. If it's removal/nerf from the console was not because of hardware limitations than it was a big mistaken on cryteks end.

I think maybe you should play it before jumping to conclusions.

So, how exactly do the suit abilities work now? Is it how it looks, and is Strength the default mode now? From what I can tell, maximum Armor's been upgraded to a Crysis 2-status, instead of being the "default" in Crysis 1 PC. And how about Speed? Does it only activate when you sprint?

iam220

arena08 said:
I think maybe you should play it before jumping to conclusions.

What conclusions am i jumping to? That speed has been Nerfed compared to the PC version? Am I mistaken?

Woorloog

Banned
CozMick said:
Thanks for the link.

Shame I have to wait til tomorrow for the UK store to update................3-5pm is a fucking joke time to update
Tomorrow? Bought it from Finnish marketplace (xbox.com that is, not dashboard), so why it wouldn't be available in the UK?

RyudBoy

The shadows are terrible. Think GTA 4 bad, but much worse. The scene where you
rescue the first hostage, the shadow that you and the hostage cast on the wall are hideous.
Also, the frame rate takes a big hit where you have to
defeat the tanks.

dark10x said:
It's a controller limitation, I'd imagine. More accurately, they changed the way the suit works altogether to deliver something closer to Crysis 2 (which I actually support as I preferred the streamlined suit of that game to the original).
Haha, it's not a controller limitation. Remember Crysis 1 on PC had great support of the 360 controller.

CozMick

Banned
Woorloog said:
Tomorrow? Bought it from Finnish marketplace (xbox.com that is, not dashboard), so why it wouldn't be available in the UK?

Playstation 3
:'(

Also, for those that have played it on consoles, are the lod swaps still as aggressive as on the PC?

randomwab

Just finished the first level, and so far this is a fantastic port. It looks beautiful, and that this is running on a console and looking this good is a miracle. I'm also enjoying the subtle gameplay tweaks here and there like enemy health and weapon damage. It properly feels like they've taken the console into account.

Also, I'm so happy that destructibility is in. I forgot how amazingly satisfying it is.

As a side note, Crysis is on sale for £2.50 on Steam today. :lol

Nizz

ziadoz said:
Wow, that looks great. I hope some PS3 footage crops up soon, as that's the version I'll be picking up. Hopefully it runs as well.
Same. The 360 version looks great in that clip. Crysis 2 was pretty comparable on PS360 so I'm hoping the PS3 version should be just as good as what I've seen so far of the 360 version.

Red

Refreshment.01 said:
What sort of issues you had Crunched?
PC pad support in Crysis was serviceable, but left you woefully handicapped on higher difficulties. The aiming was clearly optimized for a mouse (as it should have been), but that left the controller with very twitchy movements. Also, you couldn't go prone with a controller.

madmackem

CozMick said:
Playstation 3
:'(

Also, for those that have played it on consoles, are the lod swaps still as aggressive as on the PC?

Mick it runs pretty damn amazing on 360 really impressed with it.

brobban

So, how do I redo an achievement that I had taken before the fix?
Nothing happens when I'm picking up the turtle :(

I looked everywhere in the Dashboard and this game is nowhere to be found. Are all of you using the website download link to get this? Why is there a delay in getting it to show up on the console?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Man, these vids are making me hard. I forgot how much I loved Crysis. Best single player FPS in years.

brobban said:
So, how do I redo an achievement that I had taken before the fix?
Nothing happens when I'm picking up the turtle :(
I think you first have to re-download your profile from Xbox Live, and then repeat the action to unlock the achievement.

I have enough points to get this. But I have it on PC and i got rage today so I really shouldn't... but damn those points are begging me to spend them.

Crunched said:
PC pad support in Crysis was serviceable, but left you woefully handicapped on higher difficulties. The aiming was clearly optimized for a mouse (as it should have been), but that left the controller with very twitchy movements. Also, you couldn't go prone with a controller.
No surprises mouse will always work better for aiming. Also you have the option to adjust sensitivity, anyway it might be subjective. I could go prone no problems with the controller.

nomis

Refreshment.01 said:
Haha, it's not a controller limitation. Remember Crysis 1 on PC had great support of the 360 controller.

It supported the controller great, it played like crap compared to this. The radial menu was clunky but usable with a mouse. On the controller it was like you hit a brick wall every time you needed to activate a power.

omnomis said:
It supported the controller great, it played like crap compared to this. The radial menu was clunky but usable with a mouse. On the controller it was like you hit a brick wall every time you needed to activate a power.
The radial worked perfect for me, used the right bumper to activate and right stick to select felt very intuitive. Finished the game in both hard and delta using the pad. I also said "great" because you could use both solutions at the same time, pad + keyboard. Not many games do it so i was pleased with that, sometimes i liked moving with the thumbstick and aiming with the mouse.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
abracadaver said:
How do you defeat
the 2 tanks
?

If they are the tanks I think your talking about then I'm sure I used mines, I planted them in their path.

Top Bottom