• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 New Gameplay Videos and Pre-release impressions

Pranay

Some Pics from MP taken from Cam. [From FB group]

Nathan Face

293556_220173988046716_124203117643804_624945_1950611975_n.jpg

306326_220174018046713_124203117643804_624946_413114122_n.jpg

310722_220173738046741_124203117643804_624939_744915656_n.jpg

298862_220173844713397_124203117643804_624942_1463590119_n.jpg

thuway said:
Atleast give the game to a person who gives a fuck about the series.
Why? If there is one thing this game doesn't need any more of, it's unbridled enthusiasm. Try reading some criticism of it from time to time, it might actually get you thinking about what an average game it is.

spats said:
It's nice that they managed to improve on the weird alien eyes from UC2.
No more glaucoma eyes.

Does anyone know if we're going to get high-quality version captures of the preview code? I was showing my buddy the cargo plane sequence from cvg's youtube and it was so dark and had weird diagonal lines across certain areas.

I'd love to get a high-quality capture of any of the preview videos in this thread to play on my PS3... :)

Loudninja

I dont think we seen much of the game at all, the levels we seen in this topic wasn't even the full levels.I really cant wait for this!

BeeDog said:
Can't even imagine what else the single-player campaign will show. I mean, during these last few months ND has shown the same few areas over and over again, which is fantastic considering the track record of Sony 1st party reveals.

I can think of this:

1. The rocking boat
2. The burning mansion
3. The airfield + cargo plane set-piece
4. The desert village area

That's not a lot, thankfully.
Yeah what Beedog said :p

Pranay

I guess the only thing we know is

The world exclusive first review for Naughty Dog’s massively anticipated Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception is coming in the December 2011 edition of Playstation: Official Magazine UK, that’s according to the next month feature in the respected publication – which describes the title as ”total utter greatness” and advises fans to be very excited.
The feature image is available below, with next month’s issue gearing up to release on October 31st, 2011

Pranay

He started The Game at 8 oct and finished it in a day

Either its short or its so good that one cant keep the controller down

just wanted to quickly pop in and say; while I'm not going to read this thread as I'm on retail SP blackout, I'm excited for this game and I cannot wait to play it!!!!

Irish

Pranay_ said:

Eh, many games can be finished within a day, even long ones. I mean, I can finish inFamous twice in a day (once for hero and once for infamous) and do everything but the blast shards.

Pranay

LightOfTruth said:
I highly doubt the game will get better scores than U2

Why So ?

I know its tough to get above 96 on metacritc

Im Pretty sure the SP will be great, hoping ND fixes the mp by time.

Uncharted 2 was great but certainly not without flaws, particularly in the story, final boss, and so forth. Lazarevic was a terrible villain, Flynn was a total waste, the story had some serious ADD, etc. So for me there's a few things that Uncharted 3 can potentially have over the second one.

So even if it doesn't get the reviews that Uncharted 2 did, IMO it can definitely be a better game regardless. Marlowe looks to be a much better and far more memorable villain than the meat head in the second game.

Luthos

Pranay_ said:

I don't know what you guys think of UC2's length, but I totally could've finished that in 1 day. I forced myself to stop. But I ended up beating it the second day anyway.

I imagine it'll be the same with 3. I'll probably have to force myself to stop if I don't want to beat it in one day.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
LightOfTruth said:
I highly doubt the game will get better scores than U2

It basically can't.

With every sequel, the wow factor is diminished (even if they succeed in topping their previous efforts), and UC2 got such high scores that there's nowhere to go but down.

Of course that doesn't mean it can't be a better game than UC2.

Lingitiz

hey_it's_that_dog said:
It basically can't.

With every sequel, the wow factor is diminished (even if they succeed in topping their previous efforts), and UC2 got such high scores that there's nowhere to go but down.

Of course that doesn't mean it can't be a better game than UC2.
I expect 94ish scores, and if they get the MP together it could be potentially higher.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Lingitiz said:
I expect 94ish scores, and if they get the MP together it could be potentially higher.

Yeah, the MP could play a role, but it seems like it's already pretty divisive. I don't see it having a uniformly positive effect. Although I guess a lot of games press may rate based on how fully featured it is and not necessarily how much they like it or how well balanced it is.

Lingitiz

hey_it's_that_dog said:
Yeah, the MP could play a role, but it seems like it's already pretty divisive. I don't see it having a uniformly positive effect. Although I guess a lot of games press may rate based on how fully featured it is and not necessarily how much they like it or how well balanced it is.
True that is usually what happens. Regardless of scores and how the MP eventually turns out at launch, the SP will be amazing and the improved co-op stuff should make this one of the best games of the year.

Lingitiz

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
So............ to replay or not to replay the first 2 in the lead up.
The 2nd is still infinitely replayable for me. Every time I start playing it I end up getting over halfway through in one sitting.

Salz01

Pranay_ said:

I'll be very upset if this game isn't as long as the other two.

jett

D-Member
Pranay_ said:

I finished Uncharted 2 in a day. These games are only 10 hours long, it's no exactly a feat to finish them in the span of 24 hours.

Himself

I want to pre-order this, but I'm worried as a bit too much emphasis is being put on MP. I don't give a damn about MP. As long as the SP is as good as Among Thieves', it's worth the full 60 bucks to me. I'm on media blackout, so how do I figure this out?

iNvid02

Marius_ said:
So will the OT be coming next week? Since some of us are getting this game a week early

nah you guys should have to keep everything bottled up until the official release date, punishment for getting it early >:D

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Himself said:
I want to pre-order this, but I'm worried as a bit too much emphasis is being put on MP. I don't give a damn about MP. As long as the SP is as good as Among Thieves', it's worth the full 60 bucks to me. I'm on media blackout, so how do I figure this out?
From someone who's been keeping track of the games various trailers and and impressions (as well as playing the beta and subway demo) believe me when I say the single player experience looks to be far more impressive than the multiplayer.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
So............ to replay or not to replay the first 2 in the lead up.

I replayed UC1 earlier this year now I'm going through UC2. Playing through them back to back really shows just how much an improvement UC2 was. Everything was much better paced which made the game so much better. I kinda hated a lot of the firefights in Uc1. They were too frequent and often lasted way too long.

thuway

22 out of 20 anyone?

Edit: I just have a hard time believing this game will reach Uncharted 2 status of awesome. Usually if the game is that awesome, someone will say something on twitter that will give something away.

jackdoe

jett said:
I finished Uncharted 2 in a day. These games are only 10 hours long, it's no exactly a feat to finish them in the span of 24 hours.
Definitely. Also add in a generous checkpoint system and a difficulty level of Normal (assuming that he follows other reviewers) and you can beat it in a day no sweat.

eternaLightness said:
I replayed UC1 earlier this year now I'm going through UC2. Playing through them back to back really shows just how much an improvement UC2 was. Everything was much better paced which made the game so much better. I kinda hated a lot of the firefights in Uc1. They were too frequent and often lasted way too long.
Also, the cover was kind of wonky in UC1. They didn't have the slide to cover move yet and that made it a bit of a chore. However, UC1 was definitely less frustrating than UC2 on Crushing.

Neiteio

thuway said:
This is OPM here ;). Last time we found out about the 21 out of 20, and a couple of 10 out of 10, and ludicrous scores far before the embargo. So we'll see... There is stiff competition this year, not to mention a game that is stitched into the hearts of gamers as the "GOTG".
Skyward Sword, or Deus Ex?

Himself

I'm slightly worried about the length of SP in U3 because I won't be spending more than an hour or two in multiplayer. Give me 10 hours on Hard and I'll be happy.

Then again, I'm not really a length complainer (Vanquish and Child of Eden, for example, are perfect in length whereas some longer games, Red Dead Redemption, are completely ruined by their length).

I'm replaying to get in the spirit. On Chapter 17 or so of U2. Replaying U1 made me realize that an Uncharted game is one of those things where the sum is better than the parts. It controls terribly, the shooting sucks, the platforming is wonky, the AI is asinine, and firefights are for the most part simply not that fun. (Note: I think a lot of this was fixed in U2.) But the whole scope, the sense of adventure, the environments, the music, the rapport between Nate, Elena, and Sully, all add up to make for a great experience.

thuway

Neiteio said:
Skyward Sword, or Deus Ex?
The Game of the Generation I was referring to was Uncharted 2.

IMO -

Skyward Sword won't be that awesome. I love Ocarina of Time, but nothing I've seen from Skyward Sword has me hyped.

Deus Ex review's all point to a game that is great, but with flaws.

We'll see though. This year we might not have a game as amazing as Uncharted 2, Mario Galaxy, Mass Effect 2, or a Red Dead.

If the set pieces are more amazing than the ones in UC2 then I think we'll see a lot of perfect 10 scores. The Gears of War received fantastic scores and it had broken, shitty multiplayer for years.

thuway

ThisWreckage said:
If the set pieces are more amazing than the ones in UC2 then I think we'll see a lot of perfect 10 scores. The Gears of War received fantastic scores and it had broken, shitty multiplayer for years.

Your also forgetting the media loves first party Xbox titles. GAF didn't really care of Gears 2, and even less cared for Halo 3, but the media evangelized it.

Resistance 2 also got alot of love (smh).

Top Bottom