• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

ElRenoRaven

Lyphen said:
The one I saw had the weird rifle, reach marines and uglychief.

Don't forget no dark areas or fog. I'd hope the new one at least showed some of those back in even if it's lighter then the original.

feel

Hitmonchan107 said:
Did I see a different E3 video than everyone else?
It was awful in so many ways. Seeing 343i react to the feedback of the visuals like they did was really great.

Though gotta wonder after all these months how the fuck they didn't notice that the shotgun appears to be clipping through the camera after each shot. Kinda embarrassing.

Thermite

Hitmonchan107 said:
Did I see a different E3 video than everyone else?

From this ugly pile of shit:
2w6ayrs.jpg

To this:
CEA_chief.png

You tell me.

Thermite said:
From this ugly pile of shit:
http://i55.tinypic.com/2w6ayrs.jpg[img]

To this:
[img]http://www.halopedian.com/images/8/82/CEA_chief.png[img]

You tell me.[/QUOTE]
...Touche.

Though, apart from the Chief, the two versions look too similar to call one ugly and the other beautiful. IMO

feel

Hitmonchan107 said:
Though, apart from the Chief, the two versions look too similar to call one ugly and the other beautiful. IMO
Master Chief was very wrong, and the Assault Rifle was very wrong. Doesn't take much more than that to ruin a remake of this
2937ixi.jpg

Unrelated/OT:
It seems everyone who signed up for the new xbox dashboard preview got accepted into the program. Anyone who signed up, go check your Connect page.

ncsuDuncan said:
I still wouldn't jump to conclusions here. For all we know, the BTS Campaign video was recorded using the same build as the sound-effect video we first noticed the shotgun glitch in.

That video was recorded before the game went gold.
I understand that, but I'm also going by David's silence after he initially hinted he was gonna get back to us about it.

Letters said:
It was awful in so many ways. Seeing 343i react to the feedback of the visuals like they did was really great.

Though gotta wonder after all these months how the fuck they didn't notice that the shotgun appears to be clipping through the camera after each shot. Kinda embarrassing.
I still wouldn't jump to conclusions here. For all we know, the BTS Campaign video was recorded using the same build as the sound-effect video we first noticed the shotgun glitch in.

That video was recorded before the game went gold.

ElRenoRaven

Letters said:
Master Chief was very wrong, and the Assault Rifle was very wrong. Doesn't take much more than that to ruin a remake of this
http://i52.tinypic.com/2937ixi.jpg[IMG]

Unrelated/OT:
It seems everyone who signed up for the new xbox dashboard preview got accepted into the program. Anyone who signed up, go check your Connect page.[/QUOTE]

Yea. It's about to start in a few days. Just updated tonight.

Nutter

Thermite said:
Yeah, I was hating on the E3 build when it was initially shown, but the game has really came into its own since then. I'm surprised at how good it looks now.

Playing Assault on the Control Room, with all the new updated goodies, will be more than worth the $40 for me..
Oh so you are getting it now?

Look out for my name

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Homeboyd said:
Stopped at 380/700 for today...

SO. MUCH. GRIFFBALL.
I tried Griffball for the multikill achivement last week, and had to quit after one game. Not only is it miserably un-fun, but I suck at it. I only got one double kill. :-(

Homeboyd

omg.kittens said:
I tried Griffball for the multikill achivement last week, and had to quit after one game. Not only is it miserably un-fun, but I suck at it. I only got one double kill. :-(
lol.. there were definitely some games I would only get 1 or 2 multi's..

Then there were some where I got 40+ multikills. Just gotta stick with it if you really want the weekly. But yeah, it makes it more fun when you're finished and go back to regular playlists.

Can't friggin WAIT for the new maps. Grifball on Timberland would be nice.. something with some scenery and some hills would be kewl.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Kibbles said:
Put all the gameplay clips together. 343 has so many cuts in the video, took me longer than expected. Just added the Halo theme over it, wanted to use the remastered version but I didn't see it uploaded in full yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-93tRJCgXjs
Don't know if it's because they didn't do it right in Silverlight, or whatever, but the framerate really bugs me. Still, damn does it ever look good.

Havok

Kibbles said:
Put all the gameplay clips together. 343 has so many cuts in the video, took me longer than expected. Just added the Halo theme over it, wanted to use the remastered version but I didn't see it uploaded in full yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-93tRJCgXjs
This is great, it was hard to focus on the game footage in the video because some of the cuts were so fast.

I think the best compliment I can give Anniversary is that it looks exactly like what I think Halo CE looks like in my mind. There were a few moments where I couldn't immediately tell if it was the updated graphics or not (usually during fast sequences) and that's not a bad thing. There's a really excellent thematic consistency, and that video made me a hundred times more excited for Anniversary than I was.

Kibbles

Lyphen said:
Don't know if it's because they didn't do it right in Silverlight, or whatever, but the framerate really bugs me. Still, damn does it ever look good.
ViDoc file is 24fps, that might have something to do with it.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I hope there are more proper HD Remakes like Anniversary rather than the popular 1080p 60fps ports that lots of people on GAF get hard for.

Does Sgt. Johnson have a mustache? I can't tell. It wasn't that pronounced in the earlier games.

I also wonder if 343 is going to have Sgt. Johnson running around with you on missions when he's suppose to be with Keyes.

Nutter

Tashi0106 said:
I hope there are more proper HD Remakes like Anniversary rather than the popular 1080p 60fps ports that lots of people on GAF get hard for.
Show the gaming industry what is the right way to make a anniversary edition by buying this game.

Havok

Dax01 said:
Does Sgt. Johnson have a mustache? I can't tell. It wasn't that pronounced in the earlier games.

I also wonder if 343 is going to have Sgt. Johnson running around with you on missions when he's suppose to be with Keyes.
He did in Halo 3. You might have been too distracted by how Muppet-like all human faces were in that game to notice (I couldn't remember either). Before that he could have had anything but we wouldn't have been able to tell because the textures were so muddy.

ElRenoRaven

Havok said:
Well, sure, resolution on the PC version helps. I think when I first played Halo 1 it was on a 19" CRT.

Couldn't see shit, Captain.

I remember those days. My TV I had when the Xbox came out was a 21 inch. lol Those where the days. Now I play on a small ass 24inch HDTV. lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
reggie said:
Sarcasm?

There's a place for both ways of doing.
No sarcasm here brah. And the wrong way is cool if the games are like 20$ Shit is just cashing in.

And yea nutter, definitely buying Anniversary. Not even a question.

Homeboyd

Hey did anyone ever officially confirm the Forge World palette on Timberland? Is that the only map with the full palette?

Also... dudes at 343, has all been revealed now? :)

Homeboyd said:
Hey did anyone ever officially confirm the Forge World palette on Timberland? Is that the only map with the full palette?

Not that I'm aware of, but the new huts on the side of the Ridgeline variant seem like they would fit with the full FW palette. I wouldn't be surprised if it's following the Tempest example.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Homeboyd said:

There are plenty of fun little east eggs yet to be seen. Dennis Ries and I are on our own little Griswold vacation this week letting press get their first extensive hands-on with ALL aspects of Anniversary. The rest of the crew will be taking a similar trip down to SF this week so you can expect quite a bit more press coverage (i.e. direct feed gameplay) over the next several weeks.

We're in the home stretch to release now. Since this is the first video game project I've been a part of since day one I gotta say I'm thrilled with the response so far. Anniversary continues to be the little project that could. I hope to one day be able to tell more of the story of this production. I am continuously in awe of what the entire team (Saber, CA, 343) have been able to pull off in such a short amount of time. But hey, I'm pretty biased.

Tunavi

Banned
lybertyboy said:
There are plenty of fun little east eggs yet to be seen. Dennis Ries and I are on our own little Griswold vacation this week letting press get their first extensive hands-on with ALL aspects of Anniversary. The rest of the crew will be taking a similar trip down to SF this week so you can expect quite a bit more press coverage (i.e. direct feed gameplay) over the next several weeks.

We're in the home stretch to release now. Since this is the first video game project I've been a part of since day one I gotta say I'm thrilled with the response so far. Anniversary continues to be the little project that could. I hope to one day be able to tell more of the story of this production. I am continuously in awe of what the entire team (Saber, CA, 343) have been able to pull off in such a short amount of time. But hey, I'm pretty biased.
When exactly was "day one?"

ElRenoRaven

lybertyboy said:

So while here should we assume Shotgun graphics bug is in the gold version?

*Edit*

I'll take the silence as a yes.

Homeboyd

lybertyboy said:
Save for multi-quote

Thanks man! Can't believe it's almost been 8 months since the last DLC. My body is ready for some new maps.

Trying to decide whether to run through the campaign solo the first time or co-op. I don't want to miss anything.. so I'll probably tackle it alone.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
reggie said:
I agree, but also, some games just don't need to be touched, except for the better framerate and resolution.
I'll take a 40$ release with both options over the Japanese "remember when we made games" combo emulator packs any day.

kylej

Banned
lybertyboy said:

Framerate on MP maps?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Lyphen said:
I'll take a 40$ release with both options over the Japanese "remember when we made games" combo emulator packs any day.
Hahahaha, well put.

Top Bottom