• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Tri G (3DS) Update Thread

Tenbatsu

Capcom support page stated that there is no online play for MH3G :(

Q. インターネット経由で他のプレイヤーと協力してプレイできますか?

A. いいえ。
但し、本ゲームはイベントクエストのダウンロードなどでインターネットを使用いたします。

協力プレイにつきましては、近くにあるニンテンドー3DS同士で通信するローカルプレイに対応しております。
インターネットを通じて遠く離れたプレイヤーとプレイする事はできませんので、ご注意ください。

※ローカルプレイには、参加人数分のニンテンドー3DS本体と「モンスターハンター3(トライ)G」のソフトが必要になります
http://www.capcom.co.jp/support/faq/platform_nintendo3ds_monsterhunter_3g_038559.html

Edit: At adriasang too
http://andriasang.com/comynb/

john tv

Just saw this/posted on Twitter. Sad john tv is sad.

Still gonna play the bejeezus out of this, but guess I'll have to do it in public...

Disguises

Why do they not listen? I would play this over 10 times as much if it had online. Next chance: Monster Hunter 4. Let's hope they listen by then.

Edit: Im not usally this pissed about lack of features like this in games, but I had so much fun on the Wii version, would have been awesome if I could do it all again on the 3DS.

Erethian

Disguises said:
Why do they not listen? I would play this over 10 times as much if it had online. Next chance: Monster Hunter 4. Let's hope they listen by then.

Edit: Im not usally this pissed about lack of features like this in games, but I had so much fun on the Wii version, would have been awesome if I could do it all again on the 3DS.

Their primary consideration is the Japanese market, where the lack of online is a negligible factor.

Maybe they'll consider it for a localised version, but who knows.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Ok.
Ladies and gentlemen, pick the forks.
TENBATSUUUUUUUUU

Jonnyram

What an uninspiring monster list.
There's basically nothing really enticing for 3rd players, unless you really want to do the underwater stuff. You'll essentially be playing the same game again :/
It's a nice selection for Tri players who never played 3rd, I guess.

john tv

Jonnyram said:
What an uninspiring monster list.
There's basically nothing really enticing for 3rd players, unless you really want to do the underwater stuff. You'll essentially be playing the same game again :/
It's a nice selection for Tri players who never played 3rd, I guess.
Underwater stuff = Awesome

Also, Tri is better than P3rd, challenge-wise - but that's assuming they didn't nerf this one too :/

Jonnyram

john tv said:
Also, Tri is better than P3rd, challenge-wise - but that's assuming they didn't nerf this one too :/
But for the challenge, we'd still have to go through 100 hours of easy stuff first, right? I want to get to the end game of 3rd - the elders and stuff. Hopefully we can get back to a routine after everyone's tired of Dark Souls ;)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
So this is what we have so far...

New monsters

Bracchidios
Lagiacrus SS

From Monster Hunter Tri

Great Baggi
Great Jaggi
Qurupeco
Barroth
Gobul
Agnaktor
Rathalos*
Rathian*
Diablos*
Lagiacrus
Uragaan
Barioth
Royal Ludroth
Jhen Mohran
Gigginox
Ceadeus

Sharq
Epioth
Altaroth
Kelbi
Baggi
Jaggi
Jaggia
Ludroth
Uroktor
Rhenoplos

From Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

Urukususu
Dosufurogi
Doboruberuku
Hapurubokka
Nargacuga*
Aoashira
Rangurotora
Jinouga

Royal Ludroth SS
Qurupeco SS
Gigginox SS
Uragaan SS
Agnaktor SS
Barroth SS
Barioth SS
Black Diablos*

From Generations 1 and 2

Azure Rathalos*
Pink Rathian*
Plesioth*

Bullfango

* Monsters with their Generation 3 movesets.

john tv

Jonnyram said:
But for the challenge, we'd still have to go through 100 hours of easy stuff first, right? I want to get to the end game of 3rd - the elders and stuff. Hopefully we can get back to a routine after everyone's tired of Dark Souls ;)
This is true; I'm kinda hoping for some miracle way of using your Wii save data to continue where you left off, heh...

Brazil said:
So this is what we have so far...

New monsters

Bracchidios
Lagiacrus SS

From Monster Hunter Tri

Great Baggi
Great Jaggi
Qurupeco
Barroth
Gobul
Agnaktor
Rathalos*
Rathian*
Diablos*
Lagiacrus
Uragaan
Barioth
Royal Ludroth
Jhen Mohran
Gigginox
Ceadeus

Sharq
Epioth
Altaroth
Kelbi
Baggi
Jaggi
Jaggia
Ludroth
Uroktor
Rhenoplos

From Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

Urukususu
Dosufurogi
Doboruberuku
Hapurubokka
Nargacuga*
Aoashira
Rangurotora
Jinouga

Royal Ludroth SS
Qurupeco SS
Gigginox SS
Uragaan SS
Agnaktor SS
Barroth SS
Barioth SS
Diablos*

From Generations 1 and 2

Azure Rathalos*
Pink Rathian*
Plesioth*

Bullfango

* Monsters with their Generation 3 movesets.
Where is this from, just OOC? All of these are 100% confirmed for Tri G?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
john tv said:
Where is this from, just OOC? All of these are 100% confirmed for Tri G?
It's basically a list of everything that has been mentioned and already appeared in magazines and such. I've compiled it. It's not by any means an official list.

Are the subspecies monsters the "Great Baggi" to the original monsters' "Great Jaggi" so to speak? A few extra moves, stronger stats, and a different color?

TyRaNtM said:
Hope that if this appear in USA/EUR, they add online like Tatsunoko v/s Capcom.
It's nice to want things but I'm not even sure this is a reasonable expectation. Capcom really went above and beyond what anybody expected with regards to TvC:UAS. Are there any other examples where Capcom added extra stuff (such as online functionality) to a localized version of a game? I'm guessing they're not going to release a revised version of TriG with online in Japan (but it's Capcom so I guess you never know lol) when the supposed localization hits.

Brazil said:
It's basically a list of everything that has been mentioned and already appeared in magazines and such. I've compiled it. It's not by any means an official list.
Was there explicit re-confirmation of Bullfango? I reaaaaaally hope there won't.

Kyoufu

Little Green Yoda said:
Are the subspecies monsters the "Great Baggi" to the original monsters' "Great Jaggi" so to speak? A few extra moves, stronger stats, and a different color?

It's nice to want things but I'm not even sure this is a reasonable expectation. Capcom really went above and beyond what anybody expected with regards to TvC:UAS. Are there any other examples where Capcom added extra stuff (such as online functionality) to a localized version of a game? I'm guessing they're not going to release a revised version of TriG with online in Japan (but it's Capcom so I guess you never know lol) when the supposed localization hits.

A re-skin with one different move. Baggi spits ice balls that can turn you into a snowman. That is literally it.

2ch posters are claiming a new map was revealed, "Buried Forest". Different kanji from Flooded Forest.

EDIT: Might just be the MHP3 remix of Flooded Foreset.

Tenbatsu

Cosmo Clock 21 said:
2ch posters are claiming a new map was revealed, "Buried Forest". Different kanji from Flooded Forest.

EDIT: Might just be the MHP3 remix of Flooded Foreset.
You are right, might be MHP3's Mountain Stream with underwater areas.

I think I'll skip this seeing as how I was hoping it would have online (maybe I was a fool for thinking they would include it?). I don't have anyone to play with it locally so online would be my only option. Oh well...here's hoping MH4 will have online.

john tv

Surprised to see Jinouga and Naruga in there, figured they were "PSP" monsters. But then there's no Tigrex, which is odd...

Apenheul

Tenbatsu said:
Baggi is more aggressive, dealt more damage and moves faster:p

Great Baggis are also great for Bird Wyvern Gem farming. But I would agree with Kyoufu that it feels like a reskin. It's not the only reskin in the series of course, but perhaps it is the most conspicuous.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Apenheul said:
Great Baggis are also great for Bird Wyvern Gem farming. But I would agree with Kyoufu that it feels like a reskin. It's not the only reskin in the series of course, but perhaps it is the most conspicuous.
I thought it was less of a reskin than the "dromes" of past games. It's also not like a sub species in that only the color changes for those, this has a different appearance as a model too, not just the textures. Oh, and it has a spit attack that induces sleep, not snow. The minion variety does the same too, spicing up that fight.

Kyoufu said:
To be fair, Tri's roster was very very lacking.
Eh, not really. Mostly new monsters and a couple classics (and that monster isn't one, imo, it's just a giant boar that's always easy to put down) beats having all the old ones all over again to pad content. I don't like the sub species and reskins either myself so it's sad to know those exist in Tri G. At least the Plesioth will feel newer even if it's a returning monster since in the Tri branch you can fight underwater but I'd have much preferred to see them keep creating all new monsters like they did for Tri...

Tenbatsu

Official Site updated with new monsters information:
shinka01_p02_02.jpg

http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3G/

I was gonna get Tri for the Wii as I've heard that's a good starting point for getting into the series, but I may as well hold off on it and wait for 3G.

Kyoufu

Electivirus said:
I was gonna get Tri for the Wii as I've heard that's a good starting point for getting into the series, but I may as well hold off on it and wait for 3G.

Why would you start the MH series with a game that has no online?

Kyon

Banned
Electivirus said:
2ndG is better to start off with imo

fates

Bullfango, it should have stayed gone along with Plesioth! Can't count how many times it knocked me out a clean full charge on los' face (the quest "A King Robed in Smoke", specifically). Hate those things...

Assuming Capcom allows it to leave Jaoan >_>

Ridley327

Tenbatsu said:
Maybe Tigrex is an intellectual property of Sony :p
He showed up in the MH4 trailer just fine.

Maybe they're finally putting him on ice for a bit; he's by far the most overexposed monster in the whole lot.

Kyon

Banned
Ridley327 said:
He showed up in the MH4 trailer just fine.

Maybe they're finally putting him on ice for a bit; he's by far the most overexposed monster in the whole lot.
we don't know if he'll show up. i mean it all seemed like a concept/demo lol idk what im talking about

Top Bottom