• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Tri G (3DS) Update Thread

Kacho

That monster list is shaping up quite nicely. I was afraid we were getting Tri with only a handful of new monsters. I'm glad to see that's not the case.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
PhoReal said:
That monster list is shaping up quite nicely. I was afraid we were getting Tri with only a handful of new monsters. I'm glad to see that's not the case.
Yes, it looks like the complete package - if they add in online for a western release this would be a great 3DS pick up.

john tv said:
This is true; I'm kinda hoping for some miracle way of using your Wii save data to continue where you left off, heh...
Tri is the only MH game where I obtained all the badges while looking for things to do in the game. Not that it was possible to show that off in any way. So lame. That might be the only reason I would consider transferring that data from the wii, but then again, those badges were also really easy to get compared to the portable games' badges.

I can't imagine that Capcom is going to bother with that miracle unless the character data transfer involves deleting your wii's Tri save data and moving that data to the 3DS (or maybe even the game cartridge). It'll probably make more sense to start from scratch with a new character.

Tenbatsu

shinka01_p21_l.jpg
Jinouga05.jpg

I am so sad right now. Why build awesome looking shit if i cant show it off? THATS 25% of MONSTER HUNTING TO ME.

I like going online and helping others out using armor and weapons i would never normally use, because as a group i know we will take it down. Playing by myself, i will always equip the best and less likely to try new things meaning i will never see 70% of the armor in this game because i sure as hell wont build it, and i wont be able to see others online with it. Man i wish i didnt love this series so much.

Boogiepop

Sooo... if I'm looking at things right, is all we're "missing" from P3 Tigrex and the dragon with the long name that probably wouldn't be revealed at this time anyway? (And a few small monsters maybe, but I can't say I'm terribly concerned about those)

Erethian

Lance Bone Path said:
All the prior pictures of monsters looked so good.

I've got to say that those jinouga snapshots make the limbs look kind of ugly/blocky.

Well I figure for the Portable 3rd stuff they just used the PSP assets. Maybe touched up the texturing a little, but it's hard to say.

Luigiv

Jonnyram said:
So lower poly but better lighting? Interesting.
The poly count looks about the same, it's just the dimmer lighting in the PSP version hides more of the models flaws. The 3DS version looks like it might have better textures too, though you can't really tell at different resolutions like this.

Edit: Double Post, my bad.

Luigiv

Ridley327 said:
Are my eyes deceiving me, or is that Peco abnormally large?
Monster's vary in size with every encounter. Also Peco's are a lot larger then you might initially think they are. In 2D you don't normally notice exactly how small the hunter is by comparison (Or at least I know I don't. The reach of their weapons makes them look bigger then they really are). In this case, that's just a normal sized Peco but the hunter lying on his back has made the size difference more apparent. That being said once you see Monster Hunter in 3D, you'll misjudge sizes again.

Ridley327

That's why I was asking; Peco is about the same height as a Great Jaggi/Baggi and that pic has the hunter coming up to his thigh.

I'm reading that it's the same Peco subspecies from MHP3, so the size isn't a mistake. Lets hope that his Joe call doesn't scale in size the same way. o_o

gogogow

So Tri-G is basically MHTri combined with MHP3rd, swapped out Tigrex with Plesioth, one new cover Monster and subspecies. I was really hoping for more new monsters.....

Defuser

Man, Capcom sure loves to those black variants. Black Diablos,Black Gravios,Black Tigrex and now Black Jinouga and Jho. Wtf,Rathalos got a new attack? As if his revamp moves isn't annoying enough!

Alrus

Did the Hammers and Great Swords have a different look when fully charged before? I don't remember that from Tri.

Tenbatsu

Alrus said:
Did the Hammers and Great Swords have a different look when fully charged before? I don't remember that from Tri.
Yap, the fully charged joe G.sword gets bigger is already present in Tri.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
The controls look amazingly well done. Want. You can even change the size of the d-pad to whatever works for you and add/remove all sorts of shortcuts. And get as many big monster icons as there are in the area for the camera recenter toggle. Neat. Shame no new monsters other than the cover one and Plesioth though, but I haven't played Portable 3rd so these should be enough I guess, yet I still hate 3rd's cover monster's design, and some of the others, except that weird salamander thing. This really makes me lean towards getting a 3DS though, knowing I also won't miss out on the next one for sure... Even the underwater controls looked fine during that Plesioth fight.

Top Bottom