• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Photo Sharing Thread

Toxa

299948_2539180925870_1444050301_32986883_59835125_n.jpg

305227_2539182205902_1444050301_32986886_761113350_n.jpg

307180_2539184405957_1444050301_32986892_2140802170_n.jpg

318333_2539185325980_1444050301_32986893_639405837_n.jpg

gl0w

6264769273_f0ed822a81_z.jpg

6264768967_ac88e11735_z.jpg

6264768237_1bc2eb2a65_z.jpg

6264767755_a2ed2220a7_z.jpg

6264767467_7e25f9e496_z.jpg

6265294920_a5461e82f5_z.jpg

PINK FTW :p

I'm not that good taking photos :(
Also, pictures lose a lot of resolution when saved to usb. Am i doing something wrong?

KKRT00

satriales said:
Not much focus on the car here, but Spa is too pretty:

-
I'm sorry, but this is just unbelievable.

Anyone want to do some more similar shots from other tracks? Like Tsukuba, Fuji, Suzuka or Nurb?

Xun

KKRT00 said:

Anyone want to do some more similar shots from other tracks? Like Tsukuba, Fuji, Suzuka or Nurb?
Looks insanely good, but it's not as hard as you might think to pull off.

The image on the right looks as good as it does because it's just a texture.

Also awesome shots guys! I'll need to get some shots posted at some point.

spats

Xun said:

"It's just a model" or "it's just a texture" isn't really giving much credit to the techincal geniuses actually doing the nitty gritty UV mapping and wrapping of the models and textures.

Xun

spats said:
"It's just a model" or "it's just a texture" isn't really giving much credit to the techincal geniuses actually doing the nitty gritty UV mapping and wrapping of the models and textures.
I'm not saying it's not impressive, I was just stating their work is the reason it looks as good as it does. On first sight to a lot of people it'll look 3-Dimensional, but that's just a testament to their work.

I hate UV texture mapping to bits, and I acknowledge it needs a lot of technical knowhow.

saladine1

Polyphony......the kings of lighting and shaders.

I remember years ago some preview or review mentioning that GT4 had a special something that set it apart from everything else. They called it "The 4th dimension".
There's just something about Polyphony's games that makes them surreal and GT5 is the epitome...

KKRT00

Xun said:

I know its a texture, but its really high resolution texture and we are talking about ps3.

And fence has proper lighting shader.

satriales

KKRT00 said:

I just had a quick walk around the Nurburgring and the textures aren't quite as high quality as Spa. Attention to detail is just as high (they still have textures for lug nuts) but when you get close to them you can see it is a lower quality texture than the new Spa track. Of course Nurb still looks incredible and there is tons of variety and stuff going on in the background, but it's good to see the new tracks look even better and it bodes well for future DLC tracks and GT5.

Im in love with this car, too bad is a standard but it still looks great, after some tuning with the help of gtp it drives like a dream

6265351858_d52f2e1580_b.jpg

6265351680_ec3bf7e3e7_b.jpg

magawolaz

Fuji Speedway has pretty good textures, expecially for the grass/earth near the curbs. Definitively better then GT5:p version.
Tsukuba and Cape Ring are also quite good.

================

(^ dat sound)

I spent almost all credits for the Ferrari F1 2007, and I took a couple of photos on enemy territory :lol

satriales said:
I just had a quick walk around the Nurburgring and the textures aren't quite as high quality as Spa. Attention to detail is just as high (they still have textures for lug nuts) but when you get close to them you can see it is a lower quality texture than the new Spa track. Of course Nurb still looks incredible and there is tons of variety and stuff going on in the background, but it's good to see the new tracks look even better and it bodes well for future DLC tracks and GT5.

Well, Nordscheleife is still a lot longer and larger than Spa. :p

ghibli99

MGR said:
As an AP1 owner, these shots make me happy, although I'm cringing looking at the Berlina Black one about to get hit/spun in the middle of this one! :(

Thanks for sharing, everyone... really great stuff!

MGR

ghibli99 said:
As an AP1 owner, these shots make me happy, although I'm cringing looking at the Berlina Black one about to get hit/spun in the middle of this one! :(

Thanks for sharing, everyone... really great stuff!

(around the 1:20 mark)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R76Mf1QaGZg

Please excuse the shitty video quality. It's the only capture gear I have right now :(

Not many made that first corner unscathed. Made worse by the fact the light blue and orange cars couldn't 'see eachother' due to a network incompatibilty/glitch. Those two cars tend to bounce around when they get together because there's no collision detection between them.

ghibli99

MGR said:
(around the 1:20 mark)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R76Mf1QaGZg

Please excuse the shitty video quality. It's the only capture gear I have right now :(

Not many made that first corner unscathed. Made worse by the fact the light blue and orange cars couldn't 'see eachother' due to a network incompatibilty/glitch. Those two cars tend to bounce around when they get together because there's no collision detection between them.
Wow, that's pretty wacky! :) No worries on the video quality... still cool to see this stuff.

fabiobad

Banned
zephervack said:
Im in love with this car, too bad is a standard but it still looks great, after some tuning with the help of gtp it drives like a dream

6265351858_d52f2e1580_b.jpg

6265351680_ec3bf7e3e7_b.jpg

Can you tell me the name of this car?
It's AMAZING! Tks :)

Top Bottom