• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyward Sword new media depot [Latest: Lyre Trailer] [Spoilers may vary]

ASIS

EatChildren said:
I watched it
emot-smithc94o.gif
And? AND?

Feels good doesn't it?

EDIT: HOLY
Fi was singing while link was playing the lyre!!

sphinx

the piano man
EatChildren said:
I watched it
emot-smithc94o.gif

if you have already watched the trailers showing temples, then you were already damned anyway. you might as well just enjoy what nintendo keeps throwing at you.

sphinx said:
if you have already watched the trailers showing temples, then you were already damned anyway. you might as well just enjoy what nintendo keeps throwing at you.

The furthest I have watched is tiny amounts of skyloft footage and enough footage of the first dungeon to have the general feeling of it's music recall-able at any moment even if I can't remember exactly how it sounds.... and that's where it ends for me... even though I keep clicking on this thread with each title change... I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE! ಠ_ಠ

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just watched the stuff at Gametrailers... and feel fucking bad for it. Why couldn't I just hold it?

sphinx

the piano man
-WindYoshi- said:
The furthest I have watched is tiny amounts of skyloft footage and enough footage of the first dungeon to have the general feeling of it's music recall-able at any moment even if I can't remember exactly how it sounds.... and that's where it ends for me... even though I keep clicking on this thread with each title change... I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE! ಠ_ಠ

eh, I am not sure why is it so hard for you guys to get ahold of yourselves.

I know what I want to see and what not and have no problem following that rule.

I avoid temples, maps and bosses whenever possible and go and watch items, music, generic landscapes and/or NTCs. Of course, a bit gets spoiled but I manage to keep everything in control.

what ABSOLUTELY sucks is people making screenshots of stuff in those trailers and posting them all over the place without any chance whatsoever for us to avoid seeing it.

To The guy who did the pics of the boss
in the ancient cistern, the one with multiple golden arms
: Fuck you.

Chao

I'm so glad I am not watching any of these trailers. The only temple I've seen so far is that one with the mushrooms and the fire one I guess (very briefly).

Cwarrior

dame it I am finding so hard to hold my self back from spoilers, I would find myself click on a trailer then closeing my eyes when i see something to then turn off the trailer, telling my self just hold on for a few more days.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Haha I'm not watching NOTHING! I feel dirty even coming into this thread now. I had to quickly scroll across that spoilerific-gif that some posted a few pages ago. How dare you GAF?!??!

But this is the easy part gaf!! We have Arkham City, Return to Dreamland, Dark Souls, Uncharted 3, Rage, Skyrim, and Mario Land 3D out now or coming out soon! Go play some games with your free time and get away from this thread! Make the 20th an extra wonderful day :)

Looks like South Korea is getting the standard (no CD) edition on Nov 24th. The South Korean SS "25th Anniversary Bundle" is the same as the one available in other regions.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Lord Ghirahim said:
Looks like South Korea is getting the standard (no CD) edition on Nov 24th. The South Korean SS "25th Anniversary Bundle" is the same as the one available in other regions.

So I guess this is going to be the boxart of the game for all regions after the first print.

The Gold Boxart better have some kind of shiny effect, then.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So...

When do you think the scene with Ghirahim and Link on the bridge takes place? I assume that the Forest Temple is the first time the two meet, so I'm guessing you don't get the harp till later on...perhaps after you beat the first three dungeons per usual.

Also, is the bridge supposed to be the Bridge of Eldin? That's what I first thought of.

Caelus

Jason's Ultimatum said:
I may be in the minority here, but from what I've heard in the trailers, I really do not like the music in SS.

Considering all the trailers have the same music.

And if you mean the gameplay trailers, I think you're crazy. There's like one or two tracks that are meh and we haven't heard the whole track for either of them.

Shiggy

Jason's Ultimatum said:
I may be in the minority here, but from what I've heard in the trailers, I really do not like the music in SS.

We have heard only a few pieces. Most of them were indeed somewhat boring and lacked action, including the main theme or the Snowhorn Wastes music at Eldin Volcano. But then again, the bird music is amazing.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So is this game supposed to be about the
creation of the triforce?
None of the media I have seen has shown the triforce, and it's noticeably missing from the emblems.

Shiggy said:
We have heard only a few pieces. Most of them were indeed somewhat boring and lacked action, including the main theme or the Snowhorn Wastes music at Eldin Volcano. But then again, the bird music is amazing.
I knew I had heard something pretty similar before! Thanks for reminding me that.

ASIS

Divvy said:
None of the media I have seen has shown the triforce, and it's noticeably missing from the emblems.
I'm not sure of the triforce, but the game is about the creation if the master sword.

RagnarokX

sphinx said:
To The guy who did the pics of the boss
in the ancient cistern, the one with multiple golden arms
: Fuck you.
That boss was the first boss we ever even saw in the game. It was shown in the GDC 2011 trailer back in February that also showed Ghirahim for the first time. It was the 2nd trailer ever for the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSD5HLWNM3U

Divvy said:
No, and the triforce is all over the place in media. Most noticeably it's on the Hylian shield.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
RagnarokX said:
That boss was the first boss we ever even saw in the game. It was shown in the GDC 2011 trailer back in February that also showed Ghirahim for the first time. It was the 2nd trailer ever for the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSD5HLWNM3U

No, and the triforce is all over the place in media. Most noticeably it's on the Hylian shield.
Oh you're rigght. Forgot about that.

Red

Every time I see new media I'm reminded more and more of the art work from the first two games. Something to do with the color maybe. It looks so good.

ASIS

Kard8p3 said:
Every time we get new footage of this game this is my reaction

tumblr_ltg0l9BcJd1qhoxemo1_400.gif
You might be link, but I'm Fi in that scene whenever new footage comes up :p

I wish I knew how to make GIFS :(

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Yeesh, what was spoiled in that Harp trailer exactly? I witnessed absolutely nothing of importance on display, in fact I have no clue what to even cull from that trailer in regards to anything about the game proper. That includes the harp itself.

ASIS

Brandon F said:
Yeesh, what was spoiled in that Harp trailer exactly? I witnessed absolutely nothing of importance on display, in fact I have no clue what to even cull from that trailer in regards to anything about the game proper. That includes the harp itself.
You know the term "the hair that broke the camel's back"? Well this is what's happening here. Media overload so people feel like they are getting spoiled seeing anything new.

I'm one of them..

Top Bottom