• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trine 2 now available for pre-order on Steam, receive 2 Level Beta - GORGEOU

taoofjord

So, so gorgeous.

And, yes, the beta allows multiplayer.

Two screens I took, apologies for the compression, they're from Steam:

e8qsnl.jpg

250je54.jpg

chixdiggit

You weren't kidding, those screens are nothing short of Gorgeou!
Pretty hyped for this as I loved the first one but was kind of hoping for more of a pre-order bonus.

Scythian

The portraits look goofy. The thief looks like an evil witch, and the knight really chubby and happy.
GORGEOU!

It does look beautiful.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
That is some amazingly gorgeou lighting!

Edit:

chixdiggit said:
So do you only play as one character for co-op? Meaning you can't switch?
They added a mode where every co-op participant can switch character at will, iirc.

Wthermans

Banned
Game looks beautiful.

Will wait for Humble Bundle sale.

ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
Just noticed this in the list of features on Steam: Cross-Platform Multiplayer

Interesting.
Gotta do something to increase the player count so people can play MP XX months after launch.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Franklinator said:
Wow, those screens are sweet. Has there been any news of a console version?

I think PSN/XBLA get it too

I played the first on PS3, so much fun, platinumed it too

Have it for Steam also

<3 Wizard, DAT Stacking Boxes!

This game is absolutely beautiful. I haven't played the first but I'm definitely going to give it a try and if I like it I'll preorder this. Man that is one good looking game.

Graphics look nice, but I'm more concerned about whether the gameplay will be any good this time around. The first one felt pretty formulaic and uninspired as far as platformer gameplay goes.

Ezalc

I'm still waiting for an explanation on what Trine 2 does differently from Trine 1. Anybody care to help out?

Forkball

I'm playing through the first one now. It's pretty fun, but the combat is monotonous and horrible. Please either make better combat or just take it out.

joesmokey

Picked it up and played through the solo missions. Definitely feels a bit more of the same, but that's not a bad thing to me. Game looks amazing at 1920x1200 with everything maxed!

Chesskid1

Banned
does trine 1/2 have online co-op?

i played some trine but i'm on a co-op obsession atm, so maybe time to revisit. i googled trine co-op and it said they may patch it into trine 1 at some point so maybe they have?

14.99 seems like a good price point for this type of game as long as there is a decent amount of content. Hard to say how long the campaign and such will last. Seems like a pretty good price to content ratio, especially compared with movies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hope the mage doesn't suck in this one. Last one was pretty and playing the rogue girl was fun but i didn't like it much.

This looks beautiful, though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ratrat said:
I will not be fooled again...
Coop will make this experience completely different (and more awesome).

Duxxy3 said:
I've owned the game for like 6 months...

i should probably play it at some point.

You really should, its one of the most enjoyable games I have played recent years. However I played it with 2 other people, but it is fun solo too.
It is great to hear about this cross platform playing.

mephixto

Banned
The first Trine was amazing, new one seems to be even better.

Why Konami can't make a Castlevania similar to this game?

-SD-

Banned
Pre-ordered! Now downloading.

The original was such great fun and this sequel seems to be even better.

EDIT: Whoah... I swear I didn't see mephixto's comment before posting mine :)

Belgorim

Any other differences with this compared to the original other than online coop?

I could not get through the first one, tried a few times but got bored after 15min or so every time. It does however look very nice with all the colors, high resolution etc :)

Top Bottom