+ Akuma is able to use Demon Flip and moves in the air now. Akuma can use his ground bounce demon flip in an aerial combo and then follow it up with a relaunch fairly easily
+ All of Akuma's hypers can be mashed for more hits/damage except for the beam hyper
- Tatsu Assist is no longer a soft knockdown, so it's a bit more difficult to extend combos with it
- Decreased priority of Tatsumaki Zankukyaku as well as increased horizontal knockback range
- Does not have a light Tatsu infinite in LVL3 XF anymore
- Slight health nerf to 750K
+ Can switch weapons in the air now
+ Increased active frames of cr.M
+ Increased active frames of charged Thunder Edge
+ Sword portion of Glaive Chop causes knockdown
+ Additional hits can be added to Divine Instruments (LVL3) through rapid button presses
+ Air sword charges faster (?)
+ Cold star appear to be faster when on point and as an assist (?)
+ Counter/Reflecters come out faster (?)
- Decreased untechable time of Assist β (Cold Star)
- Decreased hit stun time on all normal attacks (L,M,H)
- Decreased hit box size of M, cr.M
- Can no longer do instant overhead with jumping L canceled into Down-Forward + H in Glaive stance
+ Increased health to 850K for normal Arthur with a corresponding increase in health for his other forms as well
+ J.S drops him downward more quickly for easier OTG after air combo
*His j.S diving down isn't just good for relaunches, it helps him combo in general, since against some characters, he does have to rush
+ J.S can OTG
+ Added start up invincibility to Heavenly Slash
+ Increased untechable time for first hit of Hellbound Slash
+ Arthur's Boomerang/Scythe attacks as well as other Arthur projectiles have better start up now and are much better for their "get off me" purposes. They also have better recovery (?)
+ Range on Scythe seems to have been increased (?)
+ Gold Armor lasts around 5 seconds longer
+ Chris can now cancel/empty cancel out of his gun attacks by doing another special move. f+M, cr. H and j.d+H are all special cancelable. An example is that Chris can OTG cr.H into Magnum easily.
+ Decreased startup of j.S and increased active frames.
+ Chris has a proper wave dash now, he can act immediately after a dash
+ H Grenade fire puddle seems to last longer/pops the enemy up more (?)
+ Has faster start up/recovery on his specials including his Flamethrower (?)
+ Increased active frames of Shot Gun but with decreased damage
+ Decreased gap of Prone Shot
+ Machinegun portion of Sweep Combo can OTG
+/- Minimum damage scaling on special attacks has been increased
+/- Increased float of cr.H
- Decreased untechable time of first hit of Combination Punch H
+ Appears to do overall more damage in combos (?)
+ M and cr.M can be jump canceled
+ Chun-Li appears to be no longer completely vulnerable after doing her Tenshokyaku in the air. Can act out of this move.
+ Lowered arc of Air Tenshokyaku L
+ Increased untechable time from last hit of Tenshokyaku
+ Slightly increased priority of Hyakuretsukyaku
+ Yosokyaku can OTG
+ Chun-Li has a new attack which is a different version of her Spinning Bird Kick. It's instant and appears to have invincibility similar to her EX SBK in SF4 but it has to be charged. Has 3 different versions with L, M, H
+ Kikosho hyper can be mashed for more damage
+ New move described as a laser coming from C. Viper's eye (called OpticLaser). Has to be charged with the attack buttons like Zero's Mega Buster. Can only be released on the ground. It's super cancellable.
+ Increased feint input timing slightly for L and M versions of Thunder Knuckle
- Slightly decreased forward moving range of Thunder Knuckle M
- Untechable time from Thunder Knuckle H decreases with combo length
-Various changes made to her that remove her infinite or makes it more difficult to do
- st.L jab has a smaller hit box meaning it's not as effective as an anti-air (still good for that purpose but not as godly as before). Same for M attacks.
- st.H hit box nerfed. Less vertical range
- Smaller hit box on QCF+L Killer Bee Dive kick (?)
- Hit stun scaling has been changed a bit for Dante which has affected some of his combos. Some of his more advance combos have stricter timing to them and less time to perform OTG follow ups. There are numerous examples cited but it was getting out of hand so I am just making a general statement here. This is because there is generally increased knockback for almost all his moves
- Hammer takes longer to start up it's invincibility and overall it's invincibility frames are decreased
- Decreased cancel time during startup of Bold Move
- Decreased damage of Volcano-Beehive
- Slightly increased horizontal knockback from Beehive
- Decreased minimum damage scaling on normal and special attacks.
- Lowered float of Clay Pigeon (most likely his Up Gun shots which allowed him to perform a loop)
+ During Devil Trigger, Dante gains Triple Jump and Double Air Dash.
+ Input on moves for Dante involving Rekkha like motions (like Dante's Hammer which was QCF+L~QCF+L) are just simply changed to a double tap (so new Hammer input would be QCF+L ~ L). So far this has been noticed for Acid Rain, Hammer and Beehive. It is suspected that this is an across the board chance for Dante and this makes some of his specials have faster start up times like Hammer.
+ Million Dollar Jackpot can be mashed for more damage/hits
+ Can use Delta Kick in the air now
+ Delta Kick in the air causes Ground bounce when used as part of an air magic series.
+ Sand Splash can hit OTG
+ Decreased total frames of Sand Splash (all versions)
+ Dancing Flash can be mashed for more hits/damage
+ Please Help Me hyper can be mashed for more hits/damage
+/- Rolling Buckler no longer automatically tracks opponent's position
- Toy Touch now causes less hitstun decay after extended combos
- Decreased total frames of Kitty's Helper
- Lariat assist no longer causes Hard knockdown (it causes Soft knockdown). Still causes hard knockdown as a point move
- Double Lariat assist is now vulnerable during startup for around 2 frames. It still beats just about anything but it's not going to go through a beam hyper for example
+ Haggar falls faster after an air throw
+ cr.H now hits OTG and it knocks down. Cannot be cancelled.
+ Has some frames of start up invincibility on his Rapid Machine gun punch hyper
+ Additional hits can be added to Final Haggar Buster through rapid joystick rotations
+ Chiretou seems to have faster start up. No specific timing after an air combo was needed for this hyper to connect. It can be mashed for more additional hits and damage (?)
+ Gongs come out slightly faster.
+ Rantetsu can chain combo into Edoga.
+ Increased untechable time from Edoga.
+ Reduced startup of cr.M and decreased active frames
+ Jump attacks cause slightly less float
+ Appears to do slightly more damage due to less hit deterioration from her previously multi-hitting normals (some of them still have multi-hitting properties) (?)
+ General hit stun changes allowing her to do easier combos in the corner involving cr.H, f+H, M Henkyo ki for 3 reps on opponents (?)
+ Grounded Henkyo Ki recovery is faster (?)
+/- She has new projectiles to toss during Anki Hou:
* Oil drum(the wooden log everyone thought it was). Supposedly has high projectile durability points but given the randomness of items, it's hard to test this out.
* Hunk of meat. nothing special at least from what I saw.
* Samurai Doll/Cat doll. Causes stagger.
* Chris's stun rod. Also staggers with an electric effect.
* Snowman. Freezes opponent, rather, it just has an ice effect similar to Ammy's Cold Star. It doesn't actually freeze you ala Chris's grenade launcher hyper.
+/- All attacks float a little higher.
- Slightly decreased forward moving range of cr.M.
- Slightly reduced hit box sizes of all jumping attacks.
- It's very much possible that some of her infinite block strings/lockdown that negated Advance Guard in Mad Beast are removed or tweaked. This was hinted by Seth in one of the interviews (?)
+ Does more damage on combos due to her base damage being increased (?)
+ Increased frame advantage after all her throws
+ Increased damage of Soul Fist
+ j.H, j.S priority has been slightly increased
+ New meter sucking fireball QCF+S that steals about 1/3rd of the opponents meter. The fireball itself has very slow start up though so it's difficult to use it in combos
+ Astral Vision is much faster on startup. She can use her new meter sucking move during Astral Vision and the clone DOES steal meter in this mode.
+ Finishing Shower has faster startup, faster missile travel speed, and you can control their trajectory much more than before. For example, in MvC3, if you hold up after using Finishing Shower, the trajectory will "slant" up a bit, and the whole thing is pretty minor. In UMvC3, a player can curve the missiles upward to the top half of the screen and then swerve them back down to the bottom against a crouching opponent. They may even be able to reach superjump heights now. Finishing Shower is also mashable for more damage/hits
+ The minimum height/frames for her airdashes has been decreased which allows for better rushdown and mixup opportunities at close range. Boosts her overall mobility a bit as well since she has more opportunities to dash in general.
+/- Increased untechable time on a normal Soul Fist hit, but time decreases with combo length
- Decreased overall frames during flight mode
+ Ryu now has a "buff" super (d, d+ two attacks) that enhances everything he does in terms of properties and gives him a bit of a speed boost. This was seen in the UMVC3 trailer, when his Hurricane Hyper looked like a level 3 - its because of this buff. This buff also enhances his hadoken, which is best noticed in his Hadoken assist. It gets ridiculous Projectile Durability, and it seems harder to knock Ryu out of it. It also allows his Shinkuu Hadouken to bounce off of walls and his Shinkuu Shoryuken LVL3 hyper does more damage in this mode. Overall, it makes him a much more threatening character. The buffs persist on tag out. Hypers can be mashed for more damage.
+ Ryu's New Hadoken and Shoryuken can be charged for additional effects (QCF+S, DP+S), such as making Hadoken so fast it's invisible and causing wall bounce. Can be used in the air. At low charges it just dissipates at a distance, at medium charge it causes a hard knock down and at full charge it causes an invisible fireball launch with explosion and wall bounce.
+ Ryu has a variation to his new fireball if you mash it (QCF+S Mash). The QCF+S is just a generic fireball that doesn't even reach full screen but when you mash it you get a bunch of those fireballs on the screen.
+ His new Shoryuken has better anti-properties and fires off a projectile vertically up after the SRK (sort of like Cyclops' anti-air move). The motion is DP+S and mash buttons. It launches them above launcher height even.
+ Ryu can cancel his overhead into specials now. He can finally combo his overhead into a launcher.
+ Ryu's movement on the ground and dashes have been improved allowing him to do a proper wave dash now. Better speed and recovery allow for easier follows up after a wall bounce.
+ Minimum damage scaling on normal attacks has been increased
+ New OTG Dive bomb move "Bionic Bomber" that Spencer can combo after connecting
+ Increased movement speed of Zip Line
+/- Spencer will float higher during Zip Kick.
+ Slightly decreased initial startup of Armor Piercer
+ Recovery on air and ground Hopscotches reduced (?)
+ Recovery on air and ground Peakaboo reduced. Peakaboo assist comes out faster as well. (?)
+ Low Voltage projectiles have faster start ups
+ Air Hyper Maximum Voltage now hits OTG
+ Chain combo M -> cr.M -> cr.H or H is now possible
+ Maximum Voltage can be mashed for more hits/damage
- Can perform Trick "Hopscotch," Trick "Peekaboo," and Round-Trip only once per jump
- Decreased total frames of Air Raid
+/- Tron Gustaff Fire assist has been nerfed, it is now vulnerable on start up. However on point, it is now bufferable/cancelled so it has been slightly buffed as a point move so you can go into a launcher after it. Furthermore, there is increased jump cancel time of Gustaff Fire
+ Trons Bonne Strike has quicker recovery
+/- Lowered float of ground Bonne Strike
+ Servbot projectiles come out much faster now. She can chain them together so fast that the models seem to overlap (rapid fired up to 3 times)
+ Tron can cancel out of Bandit Boulder (the 2nd part)
+ Increased minimum damage scaling of special attacks
+ Fixed Bonne Mixer and Shakedown Mixer so they can come out on an empty cancel
+ Increased minimum damage scaling of special attacks
+ King Servbot hyper can be mashed for more hits/damage
+ Shakedown Mixer can be mashed for more hits/damage by spinning the joystick around
- Tron's j.H knocks away making it difficult to hit confirm into a combo. You can still follow it up with a combo if you do Bonne Strike (Drill Rush) after it
- Untechable time from rock pickup part of Bandit Boulder decreases with combo length
- Untechable time from Air Bonne Strike decreases with combo length
+ New Dodge move is full invincibility, but has vulnerability on recovery, hence canceling it into Mach Speed in the trailer. This move can also be canceled into his special moves like his Groovy Uppercut.
+ Reduced hit box while in the air
+ Base damage scaling of Viewtiful Joe has been increased and the increased damage scaling is seen in his specials too (?)
+ Increased priority on j.S
+ Slightly increased range of ground normal throws
+ Air Desperado can now hit OTG
+ Reduced total frames of Shocking Pink
+ Shocking Pink will not explode when sliding between buttons (?) and it cannot be juggled
+ Mach Speed hyper can be mashed for more damage/hits
+ DHCing out of Godhand keeps the slow status inflict (?)
+ Wesker can now special teleport cancel his hard knockdown Palm Strike just like his Gun shot and Ghost Butterfly
+ Decreased attack startup time of Jaguar Dash and increased active frames
+ Increased damage of Jaguar Kick
+ Increased hit box of Tiger Uppercut L and M
+ Opponent cannot tech after wall bounce from Tiger Uppercut M and H
+ Decreased startup of j.M
+ When Wesker takes damage his sunglasses also take damage, making Wesker angrier and more lethal. There are two phase to this:
Sun Glasses Cracked = +105% speed +110% damage
Sun Glasses Broken completely = +110% speed +115% damage
Glasses reset to normal after a hyper (Phantom Dance) or tag out
+ Phantom Dance does more damage/hits when mashed
+/- Increased invincibility frame startup of Rhino Charge
- Additional damage scaling is added after a successful Rhino Charge, so damage is decreased on extra hits.
- At least 100K health reduction to 1 million health
- Appears to have slower teleports when glasses are on (?)
- Backwards air throw pushes the opponent all the way to the corner making it harder to follow up
- Gun Shot when used as an anti-air doesn't float the enemy on hit as much, is slower or just simply causes less hit stun which makes follow ups difficult. The XF Gun loop is also removed as are many combos involving Gun shots in general. Adjusted untechable time for all versions of Samurai Edge.
+ Zero can cancel ALL his special moves into LVL3 Buster now. A major overall buff to his game plan
+ Can charge his Buster before the fight even starts
+ Sentsuizan (air QCF+H the dive move) has more range/better hit box now, can be used for ambiguous crossups and easier relaunches with assists (rarely need to dash in anymore). With 2 Sentsuizan.H, it covers approximately half screen now. Ground recovery time increased after Sentsuizan.
+ Because Zero can cancel his Sentsuizan into Buster LVL3, he can self-OTG using Sentsuizan>Buster
+ Health upped from 800K to 825K-830K
+/- Raikousen will go behind an opponent in the corner
- Decreased hit stun time on all normal attacks (L,M,H)
- Zero's lv.3 Buster causes soft knockdown now (was hard knockdown before)
- LVL3 Buster drops them down much quicker (instead of the long float before) which means you need to do Raikousen.L or Hienkyaku.L INSTANTLY to follow up
- Applied limit on number of air Hyper Zero Blaster that can be performed in one jump
- Shippuga loop, can only do one repetition before the character drops out. cr.M, cr.H, f+H, L, M, H, f+H is all that can be done. Launching after this combo mid-screen tends to be inconsistent, as soon as you press the first j.m the opponent goes behind Zero, making the combo impossible. Unless you're in the corner, you'll be dropping it all over the place. This is likely because there is slightly increased horizontal air knockback from Shippuga
- Sogenmu D-Loop is removed, as the moves come out quicker, doesn't OTG>Launch anymore
- Lightning Loop removed/made redundant
- Command dashes/teleports appear to be a bit slower (?)