• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Famitsu scores (Ni no Kuni, Modern Warfare 3, Saints Row 3, more)

Negator

icecream said:
The Japanese have finally spoken. Even they are sick and tired of the moe anime games that all Japanese devs seem to solely create this generation just like everyone else. Hail to the future of gaming!

Who are you and what did you do to icecream

falconzss

Amir0x said:
why would it need to sell for the publisher to buy a relatively cheap review score? It's much cheaper than actually marketing it widely to a pretty uninterested gaming public.

Famitsu doesn't do these reviews merely for games they think will be popular. They do it for whichever publisher wants to pay. Famitsu is the golden standard for lack of integrity.

Well, damn...i am a bitter person...

Edit: I can't believe i am living in a world where Ni no Kuni gets a lower score than MW3....

Edit 2: from Famitsu...

Supa

As much as I like Studio Ghibli movies, the fact that Ni no Kuni is an RPG has really turned me off on getting it. I hope they release a movie version of it to be honest. I know that's not cool to say as a gamer, but there ya go.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
* Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Subtitled Version (PS360): 10, 10, 9, 10
* Saints Row The Third (PS360): 9, 9, 9, 9

Famitsu's reviewers better use dat western money to go to soapland and buy gravure DVDs.

icecream

Public Health Threat
But seriously, guys! Haven't the myriad of threads here on the deterioration of Japanese gaming style/design, as well as 1up's incredibly accurate exposé on Why Japanese Games are Breaking Up With the West demonstrated things clearly?

Why would anyone play games with such puerile art and "archaic" gameplay such as:
Oxujd.jpg

Or totally this:
Mkerf.jpg

When we could all be playing something like this:
ToMqN.jpg

sp3000

icecream said:
But seriously, guys! Haven't the myriad of threads here on the deterioration of Japanese gaming style/design, as well as 1up's incredibly accurate exposé on Why Japanese Games are Breaking Up With the West demonstrated things clearly?

ToMqN.jpg

I prefer Moe Moe Modern Warfare

6jQRd.jpg

o13r2.jpg

But seriously, I picked up last week's issue, and EVERY SINGLE CONSOLE GAME reviewed in the magazine (I think there were 8 or 9) got at least a silver award. So ridiculous.

mujun

falconzss said:
Well, damn...i am a bitter person...

Edit: I can't believe i am living in a world where Ni no Kuni gets a lower score than MW3....

What is this? The Uncharted 3 Eurogamer thread all over again?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I'm amazed at people complaining about Famitsu giving Modern Warfare 3 a high score.

They should give Angry Birds a 40/40, then I can watch as the world ends.

Delio

icecream said:

ToMqN.jpg

Homura is way to amazing for this.

jett

D-Member
Seems this time Level 5 didn't forget the moneyhats, or maybe Sony didn't give a single fuck about WKC1&2.

Swifty

icecream said:

ToMqN.jpg
Even the US Army loves Homura!

mahou-shoujo-madoka-militia-1.jpg

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So Ninokuni NDS has a higher score than Ninokuni PS3 eh...

* Saints Row The Third (PS360): 9, 9, 9, 9

Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit, I'm surprised, even though thinking about it I shouldn't be; SR:TT almost is like a Japanese parody of GTA (with all the Professor Genki stuff for local appeal).

Josh7289

Whoa, when did icecream return? Welcome back, anyway! GAF is more interesting with you around.
KuGsj.gif

So all these good reviews for MW3 have me pretty interested in checking it out. For $30 or so, though.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Takao said:
There was more than just words in that big book.

Smutty Imagines? :p

ULTROS!

I just realized that MW3 is coming out at the same time as Ni no Kuni in Japan. Now I'm very curious what game would sell more (basing it on the Amazon pre-orders, which doesn't indicate much, MW3 is no. 3 and Ni no Kuni is no. 21 :p).

Top Bottom