• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Apathy is Trending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I was watching in those days but it was 'fresh and new to me'. Started watching ~92/93. Though I do remember switching to WCW around 96, but that was mainly due to TV situation (WCW was free to watch on NTL Cable while you had to pay for Sky Sports).

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm glad you brought that up Entropia, cause I don't remember those years at all except for Razor Ramon, Diesel and Doink,etc. I don't remember if it wasn't popular or not.

Go watch the RR 1995. Only 3 people are recognizable - Bulldog, Michaels and Luger lol

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm glad you brought that up Entropia, cause I don't remember those years at all except for Razor Ramon, Diesel and Doink,etc. I don't remember if it wasn't popular or not.

Wow, some of these PPVs were hitting 233+ buys a month. The first In Your House had 332,000. Damn.

I just saw Alberto Del Rio at the Gym. 24 hour fitness in Beverly hills. He saw my my CM Punk shirt!!!!

You should have told him it was destiny... then said "wink"

Wow, some of these PPVs were hitting 233+ buys a month. The first In Your House had 332,000. Damn.

You should have told him it was destiny... then said "wink"

He was in a rush, or in a bad mood I didn't approach him, but he passed me in the locker room smirked at my shirt and jetted out of the gym. I was inthe middle of washing my hands.:( I then rushed out, and my brother told me he left. :(

I was going to cut a promo on him. Jk dude is good looking in real life (no gay)
Damn I wanted to talk to him.

alstein

You should hear Dave Lagana explain what the Juniors division was actually supposed to be, fucking disgusting what executive meddling did to kill that idea

Makes sense really. John Cena is nothing more than a more talented Sting

I really want to see a Cena-Vader in his prime match now.

Enlighten us please :)

Can't remember if it's on his podcast or his blog, wasn't able to find it.

But anyway, the general idea was to bring in a lot of cruiserweight talent from around the world on very limited short term contracts and host a tournament. It would either be a PPV with showcase matches on Smackdown leading up to it or just a tournament playing out on WWE television and the winner would get the CW title or a trophy.

The end goal would be to use it to build one (or a few) big new cruiserweight stars. He had someone specific in mind to be the winner and top star, but I can't remember who, might have been Ultimo Dragon

Then some exec got in the way (Michael Hayes?) and brought in a bunch of midgets. When Dave asked him why there were a bunch of new midgets hired the exec basically said "What? You said you wanted a bunch of midgets"

bangai-o

Banned
next time mcmahon is on espn they should ask him how he feels about Sting not having a retierment match in front of 60 thousand people.

Too busy wrestling in front of 1000 people and no touring schedule.
and getting paid more then the rest of the TNA roster combined.

It would be great if Sting went to WWE for a run for a few months but I just dont see it ever happening at this point.

He seems comfortable being the big fish in a tiny pond. they pay is ok and he doesnt have to work all that much, 3 maybe 4 days per month if he is on a PPV.

He can get what he wants now by just telling dixie that wwe called him and he doesn't have to fly all over the place every week.
If he went to the E he would have to prove himself to a whole new audience who dont have a clue who sting is and what WCW was, he would have to wrestle more then once every 2 months and he isn't HHH's buddy so they cant just have him on TV for the lulz.

Plus I think the market for Sting merch dried up 13 years ago so what would WWE have to gain out of it?
There is no one on the roster who it makes sence for Sting to feud with ether since all the WWE friendly people from his era have ether retired/died or are in TNA and they have already had matches ia few times.

Would be cool to have him in WWE video games though....

styl3s

95-97 was popular but no where near as popular as it is now but then again you really can't compare both eras especially considering wrestling didn't explode into the product it is till what? mid 96/early 97?

i remember wrestling being the hottest thing since slice bread from 97-2000 (WWF atleast, WCW started dying down late 99)

XJcfN.gif

So in another session of "NXT being left on in the background" i'm shocked to discover that Tyler Reks is on the microphone and he's far more tolerable than one would expect after his bland run on smackdown, nothing noteworthy but I was under the impression he was deathly silent. In fact all these low card wrestlers and rookies are doing far better with the microphone than I expected. Something about it doesn't seem as forced as on Raw, i'll assume they get a fair bit of free reign by comparison since the mind of Vince has long since forgotten this show.

bangai-o

Banned
Move is applied no worse than Cena's STF or once applied abdominal-stretch.

I've always thought Bret pulled it off perfectly. Everybody else's was just a sham.
i dont see what is so hard about pulling a correct sharpshooter. me and my friends pulled it off. we practiced just in case we were going to use it in a real fight.

btw Rings of Saturn is the most paimful submssion hold

TheBear

i dont see what is so hard about pulling a correct sharpshooter. me and my friends pulled it off. we practiced just in case we were going to use it in a real fight.

btw Rings of Saturn is the most paimful submssion hold

How the fuck would you use a sharpshooter in a real fight?

styl3s got banned? he just posted a bit ago....

anyways, happy thanksgiving Wrassle gaf......be safe!

also, since i been away, this thread has severely been lacking waifus....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom