• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
He still thinks he is super over too. It is so weird and awkward.

The three shows I've been to with Perkins on it have all had great support from him from the crowds. Usually in top 5 responses. His crowd reaction seemed to get kids support.

C3l3Bf8UYAALzrK.jpg

ReiGun

Put the tag belts on Swann and Gallagher, tbh.

I don't think WWE have ever regretted pushing a person as much as they did him (okay they have but still). Look at his entrance, all the production value that went into, only for him to completely fail.

Yup. I definitely would not be surprised if they feel like part of the reason the CW division had trouble in the beginning was Perkins failing to get over.

Dude is a charisma vaccum stuck with a gimmick that only works if the person using it has a ton of charisma and swagger. I don't even know what you can do with him at this point. You could turn him heel, but I think the ship has sailed for the guy being more than he is.

jurgen

I don't think WWE have ever regretted pushing a person as much as they did him (okay they have but still). Look at his entrance, all the production value that went into, only for him to completely fail.

In recent memory, yeah, he's one of their biggest flops. He's definitely got skill though. His match with Nak a few weeks ago was actually pretty good.

But he's no Lex Luger or Scott Steiner or Vladimir Kozlov or Kennedy or any of the endless list of wrestlers they thought would make a huge splash.

ReiGun

Favorite part of the Road to Wrestlemania is the camera guys straining themselves to fit the Wrestlemania sign into as many shots as possible.

Betting odds are in Shane's favor too, so

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Yep! Mania's always the most predictable show of the year and well in advance

Usually one or two curveballs are thrown, but every other result is basically known the moment the match is teased

This year there's like 15 fucking matches or so, so I'm thinking two curveballs hmmmmmmmmmm...Neville/Aries not preshow but actually opening the main show!!! Okay that's positive, now a negative: Nia Jax pinning Bayley and Charlotte simultaneously to win the belt. Boom, Mania surprises locked in.

Rimfya

Banned

It's nice to know they're actually capable of reversing a decision of their own.

WWE's MO seems to be pushing things they think will work, without merit, to the point of exhaustion.

Story telling in that match was a better build for a PPV event than anything I've seen on RAW/Smackdown this year. Nevil's the one heel on the roster that's actually intimidating.

Would be cool to see Mustafa eventually take the title off of him after that.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Uso's called out the Bullet Club. Is that the first time BC was mentioned by name on WWE tv?

Good lord... These two are so exposed on Talking Smack

Lol omg the ring talk is supes awk

jurgen said:
tumblr_oiilijDjun1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

She's the best.

She is! I got both of her tees!

Lol Cena is such a fucking dick.

Calling Miz... Mike because he thinks that's shooting... He actually literally sounds like Robo Cena

Lol Shit Couple... way to rise above hate Cena.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Ugh, Cena with this rehearsed-ass promo. This is Talking Shoot motherfucker, get with it.

LiQuid!

Bryan had to get his Raw dig in there at the end. Can't go an episode of TS without at least one.

ReiGun

Good lord... These two are so exposed on Talking Smack

Lol omg the ring talk is supes awk

She is! I got both of her tees!

Lol Cena is such a fucking dick.

Calling Miz... Mike because he thinks that's shooting... He actually literally sounds like Robo Cena

Lol Shit Couple... way to rise above hate Cena.

I want to give Cena props because I think he is good and doesn't deserve a lot of the shit he gets. But damn, he's one of the worst guests on Talking Smack. Where everyone else manages to sound natural - including people who are normally super awkward on SD like Baron Corbin - he comes as really rehearsed and phony.

Not to mention he basically repeated what he already said. Miz is weak, he steal from people, etc. Even though Miz already addressed that on Talking Smack and threw dirt back on Cena that he could have responded to, but didn't. This feud doesn't really have any forward momentum and that's almost entirely on John and Nikki not carrying their end.

ReiGun

I'm really starting to lose sympathy for Bryan. Yeah, WWE not letting him out of his contract is scummy from the standpoint that they're keeping him around to profit off how over he is even though he doesn't want to stay. But at the same token, they're protecting him from himself at this point.

I'm not one of those people that thinks he'll die instantly from taking a bump. However, brain lesions and concussions are nothing to play around with. Dude has a wife and a kid on the way. If there's even a chance that wrestling again will cause serious, potentially life threatening damage to him, he's just gonna have to take that and hang it up. If not for himself, then at least for his family.

Either way, I'm over him acting like a petulant child about it.

Top Bottom