• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Am i the only one who thinks halo 3 had the best campaign?

No, that's me too. Outside the terrible Cortana level, I think it has the best encounter design in the series, with probably my favorite sandbox of weapon, especially the addition of the Gravity Hammer or turrets you can walk around with and mow through people. And just lots of little things I like over CE, my second favorite(vehicle jacking, faster grenade explosion, health system, etc).

edit: I do agree Halo 2 had the best story and dialog. The Arbiter being demoted to sidekick in Halo 3 was my biggest disappointment.

Thermite

edit-
unrelated: matched randomly with Thermight on MLG, we were too hot for the other team so they all rage quit 20 seconds into the match.

lol gg. I think the other time we got randomly matched up was in MLG too.

2Sub9.gif

I know I'm about to beat a dead horse, but fuck, that Cortana level is so bad that you couldn't pay me to play it again. Every time I play through Halo 3 that's the ending for me.

I beat Covenant, then immediately go straight to Rally Point Bravo on the last page for fun warthog escape.

That level is so bad, I swear it gave me cancer. Halo 3's campaign is a like a smoking hot babe with this big ugly fucking wart on her arm. She's still hot, you can ignore it, but goddamn when you get to it you just want to throw up.

Not sure what campaign I like best, but Halo 2 had the best story, cutscenes and soundtrack. And people hate on Halo 2's cliffhanger ending too much.

Well now that you can fire up Halo 3 right afterwards, its not that bad, but when Halo 3 was 3 years away, that ending was pretty brutal.

Still love Halo 2's campaign, although flawed in its own ways.

It's hard for me to rank them, because I feel like they all have different things that they excel at and they all have things that they fall short in.

Fix that right now, ODST is amazing. Best Halo campaign that is not Halo CE.

Agreed. Wish Bungie had used the same narrative structure for Reach. That would've brought them a lot of criticism for sure, but I think it would've been a better campaign (I still liked Reach's campaign...I'm just sayin).

Well whatever the limit is I just hit it. So lame.

Actually feel like its still 120k. I had about 2 mill and now I have 2.12 mil and hit it.

Looks unchanged so far.

I've never hit the cap lol. I play quite a bit some days too. Is there a rough estimate as to what % of the players have hit it regularly?

I've never hit the cap lol. I play quite a bit some days too. Is there a rough estimate as to what % of the players have hit it regularly?

HiredNoobs hits it every day. I'd say hes fat but he probably doesn't even get any time to eat with all his Halo playing.

Overdoziz probably hits it a lot. Kid eats steaks like tic-tacs.

I've never hit the cap a single time, I can't even fathom playing that much Reach in a day.

Yeah, I happen to play Halo, unlike everybody else here.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
HiredNoobs hits it every day. I'd say hes fat but he probably doesn't even get any time to eat with all his Halo playing.

Overdoziz probably hits it a lot. Kid eats steaks like tic-tacs.

Yeah, I happen to play Halo, unlike everybody else here.

Juices you're so hardcore I'm surprised you don't take addy

Selling 2,000,000 cR for $5 USD. Paypal only.
Hiiiiiiitmonchan
You don't have to put on the red light
Those days are over
You don't have to sell your credits to the night
Hiiiiiiitmonchan
You don't have to dong on kids tonight
Playin Reach for money
You don't care if it's wrong or if it's right

daedalius

Surefire way to enrage yourself after a pretty good night: play BTB alone.

I thought, oh, just a couple games...

teams of 8
afks
0-16s
Hill appears on enemy side of map every single time
banshee

Anyone up for MM/Customs this weekend? My last romp through Reach with Tunavi, Fyrewulff and Steelyuhas has me yearning for some good ol' HaloGAF donging.

FyreWulff

Just OC'd my CPU. 4.2ghz baby! Damn, easier than I thought it was going to be

Damn that's going to be a nice computer for streaming. Mine can barely push this Vision Cam for streaming

I'm trying twitch over livestream right now. It's nice but I wish I could figure out what's making it generate that periodic static twitch sound

http://www.twitch.tv/fyrewulff

edit: huh, I guess all the gametypes in anniversary FFA say "TU Slayer", "TU Oddball", "TU Infection" now...

edit2: bleh, I don't think the streaming programs for twitch have proper sound control.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Damn that's going to be a nice computer for streaming. Mine can barely push this Vision Cam for streaming

I'm trying twitch over livestream right now. It's nice but I wish I could figure out what's making it generate that periodic static twitch sound

http://www.twitch.tv/fyrewulff

edit: huh, I guess all the gametypes in anniversary FFA say "TU Slayer", "TU Oddball", "TU Infection" now...

My PC already did a good job of handling the stream load but now it will be better with things like video processing when I make my trailers/montages.

Also Trasher, I see you, Ram, Nutter and Eazy B in MLG. I'm going to wait until you guys are done with that game and try to match against you.

edit: Wooooow what little bitches

Trasher

My PC already did a good job of handling the stream load but now it will be better with things like video processing when I make my trailers/montages.

Also Trasher, I see you, Ram, Nutter and Eazy B in MLG. I'm going to wait until you guys are done with that game and try to match against you.
We all just got off. :(

Five wins in a row. This MLG stuff is cake.

You wouldn't have beaten us, dude. You lack Tebow.

Ramirez

I wish the MLG settings/gametypes could be spread into the other playlists, turn radar back on to please the plebs. The movement/jumping feels as good as it's gonna get for Reach, and ZB is sublime.

The TU ZB playlist is ruined by AA's, and no objective of course, meh.

Still think Evade is hilariously bad, but I guess nothing's perfect. Funny as hell to see people Evade on The Pit, then jump on the last roll, it launches you so far and looks completely retarded.

Trasher

I wish the MLG settings/gametypes could be spread into the other playlists, turn radar back on to please the plebs. The movement/jumping feels as good as it's gonna get for Reach, and ZB is sublime.

Still think Evade is hilariously bad, but I guess nothing's perfect. Funny as hell to see people Evade on The Pit, then jump on the last roll, it launches you so far and looks completely retarded.

It's amazing how decent Reach can actually be without AAs. It almost felt like Halo again.

MLG with no bloom is amazing. I haven't had this much fun since halo 3. Also the maps are great. Best playlist.

Top Bottom