• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Mxrz

Got a Miura. Drove it. Loved it. Proceeded to do laps on every track in the game. Took a bunch of photos. Loved it more. Handling and acceleration are just . . . so good. /bliss.

What's the new best credit grind, one of the seasonal b-specs?

So I wanted to play GT5 again, but my PS3 HDD got corrupted for some reason and I ended up formatting it. :( My save files are in the cloud but the PS+ sub expired last week, so I need to buy that again to download it.

Seriously #fml. Oh well, I know I will forget everything when I start playing this again.
I have a code for a 30-day trial of PlayStation Plus..check your PM :)

Emwitus

From GTPlanet user, SMFan. I think its spar.

6583033995_b90266ace6_z.jpg

offshore

GTTV's been updated with a 24h Ring programme.

"In the Gran Turismo TV section of Gran Turismo 5, a free program "Racing at the 24 Hours of Nürburgring 2011" has been released.

The 'Nürburgring 24 hour race' is the world's largest touring car event. Kazunori Yamauchi has returned to this extreme race, driven on the combined Grand Prix course and Nordschleife of the Nürburgring.

This year he is participating from a private team, Shulze Motorsports. The car is the R35 GT-R, which is challenging the Nürburgring 24 hour race for the first time since its release. See the close battle against the works teams of Volkswagen in the SP8T class, and the first class victory of the Nissan GT-R attained by Shulze Motorsports and Kazunori Yamauchi.

Combining aerial shots as well as exciting in-car cameras, this program covers the 24 hours of Nürburgring driven by Kazunori Yamauchi. "

spats

GTTV's been updated with a 24h Ring programme.

"In the Gran Turismo TV section of Gran Turismo 5, a free program "Racing at the 24 Hours of Nürburgring 2011" has been released.

The 'Nürburgring 24 hour race' is the world's largest touring car event. Kazunori Yamauchi has returned to this extreme race, driven on the combined Grand Prix course and Nordschleife of the Nürburgring.

This year he is participating from a private team, Shulze Motorsports. The car is the R35 GT-R, which is challenging the Nürburgring 24 hour race for the first time since its release. See the close battle against the works teams of Volkswagen in the SP8T class, and the first class victory of the Nissan GT-R attained by Shulze Motorsports and Kazunori Yamauchi.

Combining aerial shots as well as exciting in-car cameras, this program covers the 24 hours of Nürburgring driven by Kazunori Yamauchi. "

Will watch.

anddo0

1-fu3lfr3nzy car Sent
2-Emwitus- car Sent

3-C_H_T (pending)
4-Bluforce (friend invite sent)

C_H_T is next, you should have yours later today.

Just a friendly reminder. If you are using Racing Soft tires on all your cars, you are playing this game wrong. Comfort and sport tires are your friends. So many cars end up feeling the same with RS.

Love racing the FT86 on comfort soft, great stuff. Got a few online wins with it last night. Also got 2nd in a Tesla. So fun picking weird cars or sleepers online.

Just a friendly reminder. If you are using Racing Soft tires on all your cars, you are playing this game wrong. Comfort and sport tires are your friends. So many cars end up feeling the same with RS.

Love racing the FT86 on comfort soft, great stuff. Got a few online wins with it last night. Also got 2nd in a Tesla. So fun picking weird cars or sleepers online.
RS are a great "cheat", though.

Your the car the replay starts on. I was going to show the drivers names and positions on the left with the name of the car the cameras following in the bottom right. Will do for the next highlights so its much easier to follow.

ibsHkum2lbc8Lu.gif

That's weird, I thought that was me, but the racing gear... that's not supposed to mine oO

I use this one:
LaATd.jpg

My G27 turned up
Ln1EJ.gif

Yiccf.jpg

I kept the G25 as well seeing as they didn't send the promised return documents. I emailed them several times stating that I hadn't received them but they never got back to me, so if they want it back, they'll have to come and get it.

Other than that the web support was amazing, my wheel was nearly a year out of guarantee and they still offered to replace it after I explained my issues. Fucking crazy :bow

Niks

Your the car the replay starts on. I was going to show the drivers names and positions on the left with the name of the car the cameras following in the bottom right. Will do for the next highlights so its much easier to follow.

ibsHkum2lbc8Lu.gif

Thats a good looking driver right there.
:p

My G27 turned up
Ln1EJ.gif

Yiccf.jpg

I kept the G25 as well seeing as they didn't send the promised return documents. I emailed them several times stating that I hadn't received them but they never got back to me, so if they want it back, they'll have to come and get it.

Other than that the web support was amazing, my wheel was nearly a year out of guarantee and they still offered to replace it after I explained my issues. Fucking crazy :bow

Best wheel ever!

Oh and yeah, forgot to reply to ur PM.

I got the documents for the G25 pickup to print, from a UPS email, but labelled "CUSTOMER CARE LOGITECH" 2 days after the the email from UPS about the G27 delivery

FT86 Concept need list:
Angelcurio - Angelcurio (still waiting on adding me)
Steve McQueen - JanssenNL (sent request)
iamcenok - iamcenok (sent car)
chifanpoe - chifanpoe
chillumchilla - (need PSN ID)
Audίoboxer - Audioboxer

Tried to send the car to Angelcurio yesterday, he didn't add me. Sent it to iamcenok since he's already on my friends list.

Polyphony

ibsHkum2lbc8Lu.gif

Lol what, that's odd. I was in first position, but my car was pink, not green.

Polyphony

I had the pink car with the full pink outfit/helmet lol. Probably just a bug, positions wrongly swap sometimes because of lag. I wouldn't be surprised if the colors do as well sometimes.

Also, FT-II Concept has been sent to Lion Heart.

Angelcurio

Gold Member
Tried to send the car to Angelcurio yesterday, he didn't add me. Sent it to iamcenok since he's already on my friends list.

I added you yesterday and even sent you a message when i did so, but on my ps3 your name still appears as if i was the one who sent the friend request to you and is still pending your approval. I will delete it and send back the friend request.

I had the pink car with the full pink outfit/helmet lol. Probably just a bug, positions wrongly swap sometimes because of lag. I wouldn't be surprised if the colors do as well sometimes.

Also, FT-II Concept has been sent to Lion Heart.

You magnificent bastard!! Thanks a ton man.

I added you yesterday and even sent you a message when i did so, but on my ps3 your name still appears as if i was the one who sent the friend request to you and is still pending your approval. I will delete it and send back the friend request.

Ok sent! Next on the list is Steve McQueen. Will send it tomorrow.

So, the online events? Can we expect them to be on schedule (new events every week)?

Ok, gonna do this differently.

Whoever still needs the FT-II Concept add the PSN ID "GT5NRL"

I'll start sending them tomorrow by order of invite and disregard the old list.

gogogow

Holy crap! I was doing the 9hr Tsukuba endurance race (doing like 30-60min a day), so I couldn't see what PD did to the Seasonal Events. Reading what people have been saying about no more Ferrari easy money/XP, I thought they only removed the "La Festa Cavallino" event. So many I haven't played yet or only half done. This is BS, they removed 80% of the events which didn't even have an end date, but KEPT the ones WITH and end date :(

iamcenok

Thanks to RoaringHawk for the smexy ass car.

6589010177_fa6a283bdc_b.jpg

I think you guys got it covered but Im willing to help sending out cars if anybody else needs some.

Top Bottom