• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta Will Be Playable Character in Anarchy Reigns

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
On the last PG Break JP said to expect announcements on the 22nd for this game. This is good news but hopefully we hear(and see) more than this on Thursday

I'd personally like to see more original characters as well. And more game mode/content details

Very cool. I wish this game had some single player component, though.

There have been two story modes announced for the game. One with Jack as the protagonist and another with Leo

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
There is single player content

but multiplayer is online only. No local play at all.(co-op or versus)

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
:/

I'll forgive PlatinumGames because I love them, but I really hate this trend.

Yeah I was pretty disappointed too, but I'm still really interested in the concept so I'm still there day 1.(Besides it's platinum)

A game like this would be great with people in the same room. If they do more multiplayer stuff I hope they consider that going forward.

Hmm, that's kind of cool. Too bad no local versus mode, though, since I don't have internet on my PS3...

Yeah that really sucks.....

Not sure it's worth it if you can't play the multiplayer. Hopefully we get more details on the type of single player content it offers come tomorrow

Mechazawa

I'll buy multiple copies and bathe in them if Sam is in.

No local play is fucking insane, though. This is still at the end of the day a fighting game.

Anteater

Hopefully it's good and the netcode is good, and that MP isn't too mandatory, because I live kind of far from my gamer friends so I rarely play online other than coop.

Anteater

I'm hoping it's coming out, but there seemed to be a lot of excitement from Platinum about it and then total radio silence.

I wonder if the game is in trouble, dead, or it's just Sega being Sega.

There were never any news about Bayonetta 2 to begin with right? It's just Kamiya trolling everyone on twitter

He could just be making a Space Harrier spin off

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm hoping it's coming out, but there seemed to be a lot of excitement from Platinum about it and then total radio silence.

Sega being Sega I'd say.

Endo Punk

Anarchy Reigns should be a sort of party brawler game like fighters megamix and power stone. And please add Sam Gideon. Also I wouldn't mind guest characters from other devs either, just don't go overboard.

Endo Punk

Raiden is pretty much a given, IMHO.

I can understand Bayo and Sam but Raiden wouldn't make sense because it would be taking away from his game. People know how Bayo and Sam plays but if Raiden came out in AR before MGR then most people may not give MGR a chance because they can just play as Raiden in AR.

You guys didn't know?

Sega Spain talked (too soon) about this like a month ago. I asked Inaba and others through twitter but they obviously didn't want to answer :p Sega Spain wouldn't make shit up so even if it was unconfirmed I was already used to the idea.

Fugu

My scrutinizing process for buying games these days looks like this.

Is it developed by Platinum?
Yes > Buy it
No > Don't buy it

Famassu

This pretty much turned this game from "will buy sometime after launch" into "OMGZOMG DAY1"

I always thought it was dumb to have one PG action game hero in the game and not the other one from the much superior game.

They really should add in Sam Gideon, considering everything he pulled off in Vanquish, it would really be a missed opportunity. They can still do it before the July release!

I'm buying the game regardless (well currently pre-ordered at Amazon, until the eventual PREORDER AND GET BAYONETTA EXCLUSIVELY AT GAMESTOP deal happens.)

07_px4009dj3w.jpg

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
They would be wise to do a beta. The multiplayer was all kinds fun the last time I played it. They can't rely on the press to hype their game at this point.

I'm still undecided about this, I like Bayonetta as a character and it's a nice addition to the game, but I don't want to support things like preorder incentives unless I reallyreallyreally want to play the game, so I'm still on the edge...

I'm still undecided about this, I like Bayonetta as a character and it's a nice addition to the game, but I don't want to support things like preorder incentives unless I reallyreallyreally want to play the game, so I'm still on the edge...

It's good because it means they're promoting her for Bayonetta 2, which will be out early 2013...in my head :(

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
There's a decent chance it's canceled.

Eh, I dunno. If this is true then it's a recent development.

What the hell is this talk about?

Something other than the TGS rumors from last year?

man sam gideon is cool as fuck

i used to love doing that thing when he smokes the cig and his helmet awesomely covers his face once he's done. so slick

Top Bottom