• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 - November 6, 2012.

Actually, the skyboxes really haven't been shown yet.. which is a shame since both mp maps sound like they have fantastic skyboxes. =(

The whole concept of an planet within a sphere has never really been visualized properly, if they get it right it would supersede the feeling of looking up as the horizon loops back around in H1.

Muffdraul

Yeah. And Halo has a history of shitty weapon sounds. Halo 3 especially.

And the weak sauce shotgun and sniper reports in Halo 2 were also memorably disappointing. I never understood how they could let them get past QA. I assumed it had something to do with Marty making sure the music wasn't stepped on too much. Guns need to be fucking LOUD, dammit!

Dacon

Banned
I know that it's very unlikely that they would take it out, but I have to ask.

4 player campaign co-op is still in right?

And the weak sauce shotgun and sniper reports in Halo 2 were also memorably disappointing. I never understood how they could let them get past QA. I assumed it had something to do with Marty making sure the music wasn't stepped on too much. Guns need to be fucking LOUD, dammit!

I wouldn't put the blame on any one person, shooters in general are terrible at making guns sound like guns. Hell, movies barley get it right.

Frankfurt

Banned
I can't watch the Spartan Ops vid right now. Can you play it solo? 95% of my time with Halo is campaign, then solo Firefight. Without a solo Firefight equivalent, i'll only play the game once...

Valhelm

contribute something
iV1ixOTawT9hb.gif

Graphically delicious

Is there a lower quality version of this available? I'd love to post it around.

The map in one of the RvB videos looks like another factory esque, bland and dull coloured Reach map - very meh. But the map in that gif above from the Conan snippet looks gorgeous. It reminds me of Narrows a bit.

Mooreberg

Surprised it is not September, but glad it isn't in with the October slew of games. Interested to see what all the co-op options are.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Is there a lower quality version of this available? I'd love to post it around.
I can't really get it lower without sacrificing: color quality, frames and size of .gif itself. You can post it around where ever you want though. That is to say, feel free to hotlink.

edit: Eh, screw it. Here's a super tiny one:

hOIA3.gif

adelante

Yes it is. Self Shadowing Glorious.

Damn, nice! And I can't be the only person who LOVE the cinematic colorgrading they've given to the overall visuals, judging from what we've seen of trailers and screenshots so far. HAARGH wish the game's coming out sooner! :p

Tunavi

Banned
I can't really get it lower without sacrificing: color quality, frames and size of .gif itself. You can post it around where ever you want though. That is to say, feel free to hotlink.

edit: Eh, screw it. Here's a super tiny one:

hOIA3.gif
did you get this from tumblr?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
4 syllables + sounds like words drawn from a hat.
Wow, we have completely different reactions to her name, hah. I've long been drawn to and interested in the intersection of femininity and strength. People like Frida Kahlo, Emma Goldman, Voltairine De Cleyre -- they're all really strong minded, willful, intelligent, mature, and also distinctly feminine. I think Kiki Wolfkill's name (and her as a person, too, to the small degree that I know of her) evokes similar feelings for me.

And in case it hasn't been said enough: movement speed + jump height + strafing speed + Spartan Ops = HYPE.

LOCK

I knew it would be November. It is going to be their big title of the fall. I guess Kinect stuff will release in September.

Top Bottom