• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom's Svensson on AA Investigations 2 localization

Aexact

Oh. This was what was said back in March.

Ah well. If there's hope that it'll come over, I'll hold out for it and that they're still talking about it is enough optimism for me. Xenoblade (2010 game even) and The Last Story did look like lost causes but I'm having a blast with the former and anticipating the latter.

Gaming is a pretty trendy hobby though so timeliness is essential for most people.

Still, if it's lttp rather then never, it'd be great. Whatever form it takes, I'll be there.
If it doesn't, well, that was in-line with expectations. I understand.

Hey, Capcom, What's wrong with this picture?

hrEhU.jpg

Haha that's awesome, I have the same exact versions as you (JPN JFA, USA the rest).

On topic, please bring AAI2 over FFS.

eShop/iOS is their best option.

And I really want to play Ace Attorney 1-3 in 3D. I'd pay $40 for a 3-in-1 value pack. U_U
I think it would be wise for Capcom to release an Ace Attorney compilation on the 3DS, before the fifth game comes out. Too bad Capcom isn't that smart.

I know some people are tired of hearing vague comments from Capcom concerning this, but Sven just posted another one today regarding the Ace Attorney series (and MonHun), and their presence in the west in response to a fan's question.

Viewtiful_Vaughn: This brings me to my question though. Will the western fan base of Capcom cease to see localization for future Japanese marketed games, mainly Monster Hunter and Ace Attorney?

Sven: While we are unlikely to be the driving force behind them (and as such, have a more limited voice in the direction of the franchises) Monster Hunter and Ace Attorney remain important brands to Capcom in the West. You should read into that exactly what you are hoping to (though I have no announced titles to point to at this time). *sunglasses smiley face*

Not read into that what you want, but "read into that exactly what you are hoping for"? Seems pretty hopeful to me.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Given how much shit Capcom has had with leaks and how much brick-throwing must have gone on internally, it should not be surprising that reps basically cannot say anything and must dance around questions. Even basic ones.

At this point I just feel sorry for Sven.

Given how much shit Capcom has had with leaks and how much brick-throwing must have gone on internally, it should not be surprising that reps basically cannot say anything and must dance around questions. Even basic ones.

At this point I just feel sorry for Sven.
You really shouldn't.

Eh, what I would be hoping to read into that would be a physical release of AAI2 on the DS. I doubt that's going to happen though. I think someone needs to have a talk with Sven and get him to not hint at things that have very little chance of happening. He keeps teasing shit about this and Monster Hunter and nothing ever comes of it.

Eh, what I would be hoping to read into that would be a physical release of AAI2 on the DS. I doubt that's going to happen though. I think someone needs to have a talk with Sven and get him to not hint at things that have very little chance of happening. He keeps teasing shit about this and Monster Hunter and nothing ever comes of it.
Don't forget, Mega Man too. :\

Nosgoroth

This is just... cruel, at this point. Every non-answer just serves to remind me of the whole debacle and the decreasing likelihood that I'm ever going to play this. Sven, please, if you have nothing new to say, just don't say anything.

Whoa, I'm bitter about this.

ZenaxPure

Not read into that what you want, but "read into that exactly what you are hoping for"? Seems pretty hopeful to me.

Makes me slightly hopeful, I guess. I haven't been too bummed about AAI2 not making its way here yet because I really didn't like the first game, but if AA5 doesn't come out over here I will probably be in that camp of people frowning at Capcom. Granted I have bigger worries about the game than just its localization.

I know some people are tired of hearing vague comments from Capcom concerning this, but Sven just posted another one today regarding the Ace Attorney series (and MonHun), and their presence in the west in response to a fan's question.

*sigh* whatever

AA, MonHan and DMC are the three Capcom franchises I care about and for a long time they can't get anything right with any of them. Really tired of this.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Not too bummed about AAI2 since I found the first one pretty bad, although I'm sure I'd buy the sequel nonthless.
Now, if PLXAA and AA5 don't make it over here (where here means EU) then yeah I'll go berserk on Sven

Thoraxes

SSSSSSSSSSSVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN-

I think he means that those localisation decisions will be made primarily by the folks in Japan not by people from the Western branches.
I took it more as the West won't have as much creative input, feedback, and platform sales decisions when creating those games. Like, they're creating the games primarily for the Japanese market is the way I read it.

Capcom USA is just in charge of being the middleman, but not creation/development.

Kusagari

I want to punch Sven in the face.

He intentionally words his responses in ways that gets peoples hopes up for no reason. He's basically a paid troll.

bon

"Exactly what I'm hoping" is an Investigations 2, Phoenix Wright vs Layton, and AA5 triple localisation announcement. Also Legends 3 back in development and a new Darkstalkers.

I met Sven at last year's Captivate, and one thing I was able to gleam was that when it comes to franchises like AA and MH, Capcom USA ALWAYS has their hands tied behind their backs when it comes to those particular series. They always have to wait until Capcom JPN gives them the green light to start talking about them.

If it was up to Capcom USA, they would announce every single title they plan to localize as soon as the ink is dry. Not Sven's fault.

AA games are perfect for IOS both from an interface/touch perspective and from an episodic perspective as well. Ghost Trick IOS is the perfect model for this. Porting it to IOS and localizing it there makes more sense than putting it on DS, probably. They'd make more money.

Maybe he's teasing an e3 announcement? Bah, not getting my hopes up. Screw you Sven!

I took it more as the West won't have as much creative input, feedback, and platform sales decisions when creating those games. Like, they're creating the games primarily for the Japanese market is the way I read it.

Capcom USA is just in charge of being the middleman, but not creation/development.
I think he has alluded to in the past that the majority of key people that determine localization decisions are in Japan. Capcom's translation team is in Japan, after all.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
His comment is probably more in reference to the upcoming Ace Attorney projects (Layton vs Ace Attorney, Ace Attorney 5) than it is to the 2nd Edgeworth DS game

FoneBone

I met Sven at last year's Captivate, and one thing I was able to gleam was that when it comes to franchises like AA and MH, Capcom USA ALWAYS has their hands tied behind their backs when it comes to those particular series. They always have to wait until Capcom JPN gives them the green light to start talking about them.

If it was up to Capcom USA, they would announce every single title they plan to localize as soon as the ink is dry. Not Sven's fault.

I don't blame Sven for having his hands tied, but he's better off saying nothing.

Top Bottom