• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the 3rd person to 1st person transition used in Other: M would have been much better had the game been on Wii U. It's just so wonky and unnatural switching control positions and relying on the IR.

It's a shame they didn't just hold off on the idea. Perhaps the extra time would've given Sakamoto the opportunity to rethink some of the decisions he made for that game.

Sigh, the IRC is fun but sometimes they bitch about our friend IM waaay too much.

I'd like go there or whatever, but like I'm socially awkward and stuff so there'd be no point.
Anyway, I don't really mind IM, and if I were to bitch about him it would be to my imaginary friends.

BD1

Banned
They should reboot Metroid.

The story has put them into a corner. There are only so many "The Metroids are destroyed, but..." plots they can tack on.

They should combine the best of third person adventuring, Prime's visor modes and the series brilliant atmosphere.

I wouldn't have a problem with Retro making Metroid Prime 4, but the stories are pretty forgettable. especially when their not character-driven. It's why I was so excited about Other M but Sakamoto and D Rockets utterly failed to deliver on its storytelling.

That's because you didn't appreciate it's subtlety

Redford

aka Cabbie
I'd like go there or whatever, but like I'm socially awkward and stuff so there'd be no point.
Anyway, I don't really mind IM, and if I were to bitch about him it would be to my imaginary friends.

YUOKQ.gif

Anyways, you do know it's just text, right? Same as doing your blabbin' anywhere else. It's fun! It's perfect.

Redford

aka Cabbie
If there even ends up being one, I'd like to call dibs on the next WUST after Conor's. If no one has objections, of coure. :p

Hey, anyone know why I'd be banned from the Nintengaf IRC? Are they just banning people at random to cut down on the numbers?

No no, just keep trying, or put a small variation on your nick.

snesfreak

Banned
I just did a HUGE compilation to match my previous compilation.

I also just skipped past who knows how many pages of this thread to get to the end to post this, so I might have missed some things along the way, but...

I just did a Wii U News Consolidation over @ NWR
all links lead to a post in the forum which contains the news and likely the link to the source.
same as the Rumor Compilation (which didn't make it in the Community WUST's OP)

Pre-E3 Wii U News Consolidation 2011-2012

and the previous Compilation

Pre-E3 Wii U Rumor Consolidation 2010-2012

and to go along with all of that I also tried to compile every game that we know is coming or is rumored. I know there are some things missing, but maybe you all can help me fill it in.

Wii U [Pre-E3] Games List

Nintendo
Pikmin 3
NSMB Mii
SSB
Mario Kart U
r- Starfox
r- Eternal Darkness 2
?- something from Monolithsoft
?- something from Retro

THQ
Darksiders 2
r- WWE
?- Metro: Last Light

Ubisoft
Rayman Legends
Ghost Recon
Assassin's Creed III
Killer Freaks
The Avengers
Just Dance 4
Rabbids
No More Heroes 3
[Unannounced] Card Game
r- Your Shape
r- Lady Gaga Experience
r- Splinter Cell

Tecmo
Ninja Gaiden 3

WB Games
Batman: Arkham City

Disney
r- Epic Mickey 2

Sega
Sega Allstar Racing 2
Aliens: Colonial Marines
[unnanounced title]

Capcom
r- Resident Evil 6
r- SSFIV

EA
FIFA 2013
Madden 2013
Tiger Woods 2013
Battlefield 3
r- Deadspace
r- Overstrike
r- Timesplitters 4
r- Mass Effect

Activision
CoD Black Ops 2
r- Diablo 3
r- Skylanders: Giants

Namco
Tekken

Square Enix
Dragon Quest X
r- FFXIV

Konami
r- Castlevania: LoS

Take Two
NBA 2k13
[unannounced game] from 2k Sports
r- GTA V

Codemasters
F-1 Racing
DiRT

Other:
Toki Tori 2
Project Cars
Runner 2
Cloudberry Kingdom
Devil's Third
?- Skyrim
Project Nova (from Vicarious Visions)
[something from Frontier, the people that made Lost Winds]
Ben 10
Ninjabread Man 2
[something from the makers of Dead Island]
1001 Spikes
Marvel Pinball
[MMO] from Lucas Arts
LEGO City Stories

let me know if I missed or need to add/change something

I also just skipped past who knows how many pages of this thread to get to the end to post this, so I might have missed some things along the way, but...

all links lead to a post in the forum which contains the news and likely the link to the source.

Pre-E3 Wii U News Compilation 2011-2012

and to go along with all of that I also tried to compile every game that we know is coming or is rumored. I know there are some things missing, but maybe you all can help me fill it in.

Nintendo
Pikmin 3
NSMB Mii
SSB
Mario Kart U
r- Starfox
r- Eternal Darkness 2
?- something from Retro

THQ
Darksiders 2
r- WWE

Ubisoft
Rayman Legends
Ghost Recon
Assassin's Creed III
Killer Freaks
The Avengers
Just Dance 4
Rabbids
No More Heroes 3
[Unannounced] Card Game
r- Your Shape
r- Lady Gaga Experience
r- Splinter Cell

Tecmo
Ninja Gaiden 3

WB Games

Disney
r- Epic Mickey 2

Sega
Sega Allstar Racing 2
[unnanounced title]

Capcom
r- Resident Evil 6
r- SSFIV

EA
FIFA 2013
Madden 2013
Tiger Woods 2013
Battlefield 3
r- Deadspace
r- Overstrike
r- Timesplitters 4
r- Mass Effect

Activision
CoD Black Ops 2
r- Diablo 3

Namco
Tekken

Square Enix
Dragon Quest X
r- FFXIV

Konami

Take Two
NBA 2k13
r- GTA V

Codemasters
F-1 Racing
DiRT

Other:
Toki Tori 2
Project Cars
Runner 2
Cloudberry Kingdom
Devil's Third
Skyrim
Ben 10
Ninjabread Man 2
1001 Spikes
Marvel Pinball
[MMO] from Lucas Arts

Um BF 3 isnt confirmed. Neither is Skyrim. Diablo 3 isnt rumored. Looks like youre padding alot.

Hiltz

That's because you didn't appreciate it's subtlety

Sometimes that's just not enough to satisfy me. Besides, as a full-blooded Nintendo fan, subtlety is what I am used to. Now I liked Prime 3, but I just thought the fairly straight forward "save the world from an alien threat" storytelling was largely unineresting despite the numerous action scenes. I would have liked to see meaningful character development between Samus and the bounty hunters and Dark Samus not be such a lame one-dimensional villain. I would have liked to have seen some insight into what Samus was thinking while dealing with some of the major plot points.

Pre-E3 Wii U News Consolidation 2011-2012

Nintendo
Pikmin 3
NSMB Mii
SSB
Mario Kart U
r- Starfox
r- Eternal Darkness 2
?- something from Retro

THQ
Darksiders 2
r- WWE

Ubisoft
Rayman Legends
Ghost Recon
Assassin's Creed III
Killer Freaks
The Avengers
Just Dance 4
Rabbids
No More Heroes 3
[Unannounced] Card Game
r- Your Shape
r- Lady Gaga Experience
r- Splinter Cell

Tecmo
Ninja Gaiden 3

WB Games

Disney
r- Epic Mickey 2

Sega
Sega Allstar Racing 2
[unnanounced title]

Capcom
r- Resident Evil 6
r- SSFIV

EA
FIFA 2013
Madden 2013
Tiger Woods 2013
Battlefield 3
r- Deadspace
r- Overstrike
r- Timesplitters 4
r- Mass Effect

Activision
CoD Black Ops 2
r- Diablo 3

Namco
Tekken

Square Enix
Dragon Quest X
r- FFXIV

Konami

Take Two
NBA 2k13
r- GTA V

Codemasters
F-1 Racing
DiRT

Other:
Toki Tori 2
Project Cars
Runner 2
Cloudberry Kingdom
Devil's Third
Skyrim
Ben 10
Ninjabread Man 2
1001 Spikes
Marvel Pinball
[MMO] from Lucas Arts

BlackNMild. I hate to bring this up again, but what of your UE4 source? You still standing by that? No PaulGaleing us?

Um BF 3 isnt confirmed. Neither is Skyrim. Diablo 3 isnt rumored. Looks like youre padding alot.

Battlefield (Oct 2011) - EA said it was coming
Skyrim (July 2011) more of a possibility than a confirmation, but they mentioned they might do it.
Diablo 3 (May 2012) Blizzard talked of it being more than a port if/when it comes to consoles

Sometimes that's just not enough to satisfy me. I don't know. I thought the fairly straight forward "save the world from an alien threat" storytelling in Metroid Prime 3 was largely uneventuall despite the numerous action scenes. I would have liked to see meaningful character development between Samus and the bounty hunters and Dark Samus not be such a lame one-dimensional villain. I would have liked to have seen some insight into what Samus was thinking while dealing with some of the major plot points.

In MP1 you got plently of character development especially on the side of the space pirates if you actually read all of the character logs. Same with the chozo too.

Skyrim (July 2011) more of a possibility than a confirmation, but they mentioned they might do it.
Diablo 3 (May 2012) Blizzard talked of it being more than a port if/when it comes to consoles

BlackNMild. I hate to bring this up again, but what of your UE4 source? You still standing by that? No PaulGaleing us?

D3 Coming to consoles doesnt mean Wii U
Skyrim isnt coming. Just saying.
BF3 From what I recall DICE said they werent working on it.

Fantastical

Death Prophet

I don't think that was BlackNMild was it? I think it was someone else at NWR. I'm sure that guy shit his pants at the recent news, or maybe he just didn't care because he may have just completely made it up.

What does everyone think about the current SK/ED2 situation? SK can't be in good shape after the recent news about Epic games winning that trial. Then throw in the less than impressive numbers for their recent releases and the layoffs from late last year. It seems like Nintendo would have to be propping them up quite a bit in order to create a AAA next-gen title.

Will UE4 show up on Wii U @ E3?
I have no idea.

Is/was Epic and Nintendo exploring UE4 on Wii U?
Yes

Was Nintendo tweaking the hardware at the time of those talks?
yes

Is Wii U the target platform for Wii U?
obviously not considering Nintendo had to tweak the Wii U to be within a target range

Will UE4's grand public unveiling even be on a console?
probably not. I'm sure that right will be reserved for PC

Is UE4 currently up and running on the Wii U?
....? Maybe will will know soon enough. I haven't seen it with my own 2 eyes, so I could never be 100% sure, but the source of the info says that "everyone will be pleasantly surprised with the Wii U News."

so take it as you will. I believe it.
But I wouldn't even have brought it here if I though it was bullshit.

No. It was definitely blackNmild

Actually, I'm not the one who talked to the source, it was someone else from NWR. I was just privy to the information before he posted it online, and then I was the one who decided to share that info over here.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
We are 4 days away from E3. 4 DAYS!!!

Saturday and Sunday will be filled with threads for boothes/advertisements/Bears/Boxes.

So we are really 2 days away from E3. 2 DAYS!!!!

Is your body ready?

Will UE4 show up on Wii U @ E3?
I have no idea.

Is/was Epic and Nintendo exploring UE4 on Wii U?
Yes

Was Nintendo tweaking the hardware at the time of those talks?
yes

obviously not considering Nintendo had to tweak the Wii U to be within a target range

Will UE4's grand public unveiling even be on a console?
probably not. I'm sure that right will be reserved for PC

Is UE4 currently up and running on the Wii U?
....? Maybe will will know soon enough. I haven't seen it with my own 2 eyes, so I could never be 100% sure, but the source of the info says that "everyone will be pleasantly surprised with the Wii U News."

so take it as you will. I believe it.
But I wouldn't even have brought it here if I though it was bullshit.

Actually, I'm not the one who talked to the source, it was someone else from NWR. I was just privy to the information before he posted it online, and then I was the one who decided to share that info over here.

Much appreciated.

D3 Coming to consoles doesnt mean Wii U
Skyrim isnt coming. Just saying.
BF3 From what I recall DICE said they werent working on it.

So out of the 63 games on the list, you have issue with 3 of them and that constitutes "padding alot"?
especially when all of them are backed with news stories....

Oh and thanks Mr. Lightman, I forgot Lego City Stories somehow.

Lenardo

Banned

i should WiiU is the target platform for Wii U :) (i know that first wiiU should be unreal4)

Nintendo owns eternal darkness, right? Maybe ED2 is retro's game.

I think most of the speculation linking ED2 to SK came from Dyack's comments about working on a series that fans have long been demanding. Legacy of Kain and Eternal Darkness are the only two games that they've made that have fan followings. LoK seems to be in development by a second team at Crystal Dynamics, which would leave ED. But they just seem to be in really bad shape right now. Although, maybe it's just one of those situations that looks a lot worse from the outside than it does on the inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom