• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, We're close now. So close.

mVI3U.gif

7ptp1.gif

StevieP

Banned
Um, the reason games on those systems look like that is because the games aren't HD, and your TV has to convert them to its native resolution. Just going HD fixes that.

No their framebuffer capture method on GC/Wii looked like ass. lol
It was already jaggy but they were worse than that even.

OryoN

Question for anyone out there that has handled the Wii U controller:

When it comes to the triggers, do your index fingers rest on "L" and "R", and do your middle fingers rest on "ZL" and "ZR"? That would be awesome.

Or is it more like PS3 where you use your left index finger for both "L1" and "L2"?
I've never been able to decide how to place my fingers on the 360 shoulder buttons, neither way is comfortable.

Wouldn't that just be up to the user? I mean, there's really nothing stopping the user from holding a controller in this manner.

For instance... I play some FPS on Xbox 360 like that(although, only for the right hand, not the left).

On PS3, I fly the heli in Battlefield 3 while holding the controller like that.

While I only make that adjustment with the right hand.. there's nothing physically stopping me from doing it with both hands. It doesn't look like the Wii U controller would prevent you from doing the same.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
planning on hosting a bunch of friends at my place to watch the conference, so if this thing bombs and there's a multiple murder/suicide in north tampa, write me a nice e-eulogy please

Um, the reason games on those systems look like that is because the games aren't HD, and your TV has to convert them to its native resolution. Just going HD fixes that.
I'm talking about the screenshots they released online. I still remember them being in fucked up resolutions that weren't even consistent in the same batch, with awful IQ.

burst

I just get excited about the possibilities that wii u means to Nintendo developed games. I mean the wii limited the developers imaginations, they can really go all out now.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
So I have a satellite Internet & TV connection, and it's storming outside. So my TV went dark and turned into "complete loss of reception" screen. I was bummed out because I thought it meant I would potentially miss the G4TV E3 special tonight (depending on the storm), but thankfully I just got reception back.

But it made me think; what if this happened Tuesday morning? So I checked the weather, and there is a 20% chance of thunderstorms Tuesday morning. My body is getting worried now.....

Note: my Internet connection is too slow to stream the conference.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I'm talking about the screenshots they released online. I still remember them being in fucked up resolutions that weren't even consistent in the same batch, with awful IQ.

Are you talking about screens like these... ?

MP-03-240635_640w.jpg

MP-02-240634_640w.jpg

One out-of-my-ass prediction: There will be at least one surprise Wii U exclusive announced from an established Western HD console developer that has not been previously linked with Nintendo.

Skiesofwonder

10 minutes ago on All Access Weekly.

Did he give any hint of it being a 3D Mario or NSMBWii-U?

I would imagine that they wouldn't release two 2D Marios in the same year (unless somehow they are the same/connect to each other), right?

Fuck it, I'm getting hyped to see a new 3D Mario either way!

Lyude77

Hopefully it's a proper Mario title, not a NSMB one.

Hopefully it's a NSMB title, not a proper Mario one. :p

Kidding, but I really want a serious 2D Mario, not a 3D Land or a solely 3D one. Yeah, it would be better if it had different world themes and was more inventive than NSMB, but I still would accept and love NSMB. Heck, I still need to finish Galaxy 2, so they can wait a year or two and perfect the 3D one, personally.

2D Mario would make Wii U scarce at launch, so we'll all have to pre-order if that ends up being the case. I know most of you will, but I'm thinking ahead for myself since I didn't pre-order a Wii.

I wouldn't mind a 2D mario game that isn't NSMB. As long as it's well done, isn't completely easy (I want challenge), and has a good art style. All is well.

BY2K

Membero Americo
It will most likely be a 2D Mario, anyway. They sell better in Japan, so it makes more sense to have that a launch, either you like it or not.

AniHawk

a nsmbwiiu would be excellent. we'd probably have two games from the same dev team at or near launch. that kinda makes me think it won't happen, since nsmb2 is also happening.

Skiesofwonder

It will most likely be a 2D Mario, anyway. They sell better in Japan, so it makes more sense to have that a launch, either you like it or not.

Well considering they launched a 3D Mario first on 3DS, NSMB3DS is coming out in 3 months, and Nintendo is trying to capture hardcore market within this first crucial year for Wii-U..... I believe (in 3D Mario).

you're probably right.

AniHawk

it's also possible nintendo will just release nsmbw2 for the wii and hope that drives wii u sales. if that's the case, then i hope noa decides to localize it.

BY2K

Membero Americo
If it happens, it would be the first time since the N64 that a Mario game (not a remake or port, btw) would launch on the same day as the console.

HylianTom

Banned
If it happens, it would be the first time since the N64 that a Mario game (not a remake or port, btw) would launch on the same day as the console.
In other words.. too long!

I'll take either one, 3D or 2D. Pikmin's gonna be my main course anyway. :)

Has there been any word on if Nintendo will be remaking any Wii or Gamecube games in HD on the Wii U?

There are a TON of games for both that I'd love to play again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom