• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sendou

Was this Nintendo direct thing originally scheduled for Tuesday night and then moved to tonight? I feel like Nintendo had mentioned before this that they were going to have a video discussing the hardware released after their press conference.

I guess that this Nintendo Direct thing is about what has changed over the year with Wii U and maybe some software/hardware unannounced things. And the discussion with Katsuya Eguchi is more like what's their filosofy of system and it's development history etc.

Luigison

"Have You Heard About Wii U? If Not, You Will"

http://aussie-gamer.com/news/have-you-heard-about-wii-u-if-not-you-will/

"Do you know about Wii U?" The odd voice on the other side said. "If not, you will."

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/blog/30390

“Have you heard about Wii U? If not….you will!”

http://www.ripten.com/2012/06/02/strange-wii-u-voice-mail-new-pre-e3-nintendo-direct-announced-jb64/

Sorry if already posted. I just got up. It was a look night. I could see them using the "You will" or "U will" tag line.

With Wii U ... "U will...(insert gaming reference)" ...repeat with new reference...

Reminds me of the old AT&T ads. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MnQ8EkwXJ0

lololololol. That is so god damn creepy. I was so tired last night, if I received that I'd probably shit myself, lock all the doors and windows in my house and cry in a corner all night.

Ormberg

"Have You Heard About Wii U? If Not, You Will"

http://aussie-gamer.com/news/have-you-heard-about-wii-u-if-not-you-will/

"Do you know about Wii U?" The odd voice on the other side said. "If not, you will."

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/blog/30390

“Have you heard about Wii U? If not….you will!”

http://www.ripten.com/2012/06/02/strange-wii-u-voice-mail-new-pre-e3-nintendo-direct-announced-jb64/

Sorry if already posted. I just got up. It was a look night. I could see them using the "You will" or "U will" tag line.

With Wii U ... "U will...(insert gaming reference)" ...repeat with new reference...

Reminds me of the old AT&T ads. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MnQ8EkwXJ0
Hype?
Hype.

Oh, how I hope Nintendo doesn't use the 'U' too much in the advertising (as in "U will..." etc). It would give the impression they only just heard about text messaging or something.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
they are not scrimping on hardware :(

8 hours from now crow platters will be served

Would you like Ketchup with that.

That isn't necessarily a bad idea you know.

Yes, not a bad approach. I guess it depends how hard they can squeeze the hardware and how many hoops devs have to jump through to achieve their performance targets.

wsippel

Banned
Yes, not a bad approach. I guess it depends how hard they can squeeze the hardware and how many hoops devs have to jump through to achieve their performance targets.
The thing is that games are usually not very well optimized and often a complete mess at a code level, so they almost never get the most out of the hardware they're running on. A compiler that's better at optimizing wonky code can make quite a difference.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
The thing is that games are usually not very well optimized and often a complete mess at a code level, so they almost never get the most out of the hardware they're running on. A compiler that's better at optimizing wonky code can make quite a difference.

I would also hope there are performance analysis tools built in that shows you were the cpu cycles are being consumed.

LLShC.gif
WiiU owns U

cyberheater

GHS TimeMachine:

TM_eventA_pic_lg.gif

TM_code_lg.gif

RAD Telemetry is also available.

Perfect.

I hope that Ninty first and third party devs pursue the Sony model of sharing the best code base and techniques.

I also hope Ninty don't do what they did in the past and keep secret some performance aspects of their console for themselves.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Friends, I just got home from a hell of a long work day, but I'm hyped as hell. THE HYPE IS KEEPING ME GOING.

Anything big happen today? I know about the re-unveil in 8 1/2 hours.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW MANY HOURS TILL PIKMIN3???

Thank you for explaining that. Going by their recent statements about hardware, it makes sense that they choose ide that was good to getting the best performance out of the hardware. Btw, what was GCNs/Wii's ide?

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
as promised, i'll post several messages today before the conference, the first will be on the storage situation and posted in a moment, i hope we'll learn more a few hours later :)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Darn still, it means 6am here in my country, I don't think I can wake up that early or not sleep >_<

gerudoman

Wait what? Salvador Raya in NeoGAF.
Now I have seen it all lol

His bird Currito is the best thing ever hahaahahha!

EDIT!
WAIT WAT THE FUCK!
How does he have a fucking Wii U?????

I would say it's a copycat tablet and recorded video played in the TV. Look at the tablet's screen, it doesn't display the proper HUB.

I don't know why, but I'm starting to worry about how much the Wii U will sell in Japan. With Nintendo showing a strong Western presence for the Wii U, I really wonder about the smaller Japanese games.

I remember mere minutes after a Japanese 3DS reveal conference, Konami announced Love Plus and others showed off games, too. I hope something similar happens now.

Either way, I predict a Katamari and Ridge Racer from Namco, at or close to launch like always. Maybe they'll do a Taiko game, too, which will be great with the screen.

Darn still, it means 6am here in my country, I don't think I can wake up that early or not sleep >_<

Australia?

But just set an alarm, watch the thing, then go back to sleep. I had to do that with one of Nintendo's Japanes 3DS shindigs. :p

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know why, but I'm starting to worry about how much the Wii U will sell in Japan. With Nintendo showing a strong Western presence for the Wii U, I really wonder about the smaller Japanese games.
The Wii U seems uniquely suited to the Japanese market in a number of ways. I'm much more concerned about western performance.

Australia?
No, it's on at 8 AM over here.

I would say it's a copycat tablet and recorded video played in the TV. Look at the tablet's screen, it doesn't display the proper HUB.

Not sure if you're serious.

Just discovered, and no, watch the video is not a fake. He is too stupid to make that good of a fake, trust me.
Also, ive just read about it, Nintendo did in Madrid a presentation sometime last year were you could play the wii u and the site where you could play it was transformed as it was a normal living room, he was there (any person could try it) and did some videos with a friend that used in his shitty (so bad is good) videoclip.

Just discovered, and no, watch the video is not a fake. He is too stupid to make that good of a fake, trust me.
Also, ive just read about it, Nintendo did in Madrid a presentation sometime last year were you could play the wii u and the site where you could play it was transformed as it was a normal living room, he was there (any person could try it) and did some videos with a friend that used in his shitty (so bad is good) videoclip.
There's no way Nintendo had a playable version of BF3 for Wii U that they decided to show off to a few select Spaniards, I'm afraid. If that part is fake, it is unlikely any other part of it is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom