• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Code:
<script>
var DerFlatulator = $(this).find('.humor');
if (DerFlatulator != null) {
DerFlatulator.each(function() {
showPenguin();
});
}
</script>
adelie-penguin_433_600x450.jpg
adelie-penguin_433_600x450.jpg

Fix'd.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
According to my watch we have 1 sleep left!*

*In US-based sleeps of course.

I got a text from someone already down in LA last night around midnight and all I can say is, "Oh my."

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Forward Unto Dawn today concludes it's speculative article series, Summum Malum, with two more updates.

The first updates takes a look at Guilty Spark, former monitor of Installation 04 and one of the most surprising possible Halo 4 "ancient evil" candidates.

The second and final update takes a look at the mysterious Composer. Is it a machine or a living being? A tool or a weapon? Our look at the Composer concludes the Summum Malum speculative series.

As the series concludes, we've gather up each entry in the series in a nice and tidy hub - and include a little footnote from the staff discussing some of the thoughts behind the article.

If you've missed the previous entries or want to hype yourself up for Halo 4's E3 début, take a look at the previous articles and bring yourself up to speed on current speculation.

Summum Malum &#8211; Didact
Summum Malum &#8211; The Timeless One
Summum Malum &#8211; The Master Builder

I got a text from someone already down in LA last night around midnight and all I can say is, "Oh my."

Curiouser and curiouser...

I thoroughly recommend that everyone does get some sleep today, last year my friend stayed awake because of the hype surrounding the event. He ended up sleeping halfway through the conference, missing the Halo 4 announcement! Doh.
Actually going to sleep right now, lol.

I thoroughly recommend that everyone does get some sleep today, last year my friend stayed awake because of the hype surrounding the event. He ended up sleeping halfway through the conference, missing the Halo 4 announcement! Doh.

Fuchsdh

Just saw Alien for the first time. I can sort of see why it's so beloved, but it didn't quite charm me so. Was definitely an interesting film however. Was pretty good with the tension but that wasn't maintained throughout the film. Perhaps I'm just not used to horror in a sci-fi setting (all I kept thinking was "how the fuck did the alien put on so much mass so quickly without imbibing anything?"). I also liked how Ripley wasn't brain dead ass stupid like the lead is in most horror flicks. Disappointing that Weaver had literally no ass to speak of though.

I dunno. I saw Godfather for the first time around New Years and could immediately see why that movie was considered a classic. I'm much more skeptical about Alien. Maybe I need to go through it another time or two. And if its defining feature is camera work or some technical shit like that then I don't care. That stuff is mostly lost on me.

Yeah, the alien's growth was definitely my second "der whaa?" moment, right after "what's with all these wet dangling chains on a spaceship?"

I think Alien's a bit overrated, but it's also about what kinds of films you like. I can appreciate Alien as a horror movie done in a different and more satisfying way, but I'm not into horror movies because they invariably have similar issues ("I turn around--and there's the Alien! Now I must sit still in shock while my demise comes closer!" kind of stuff, though as you said Alien had far less of it.)

Interestingly I have the same ambivalence about the Godfather--it was certainly good, but I didn't have any "this is an awesome film" moments while watching it or after. Maybe it's purely that it's remained a good film after 40 years.

Speaking of which, "Wings" (1927 silent film and the first Best Picture Oscar winner) is actually a pretty good film, especially with an orchestral score and sound effects by Star Wars/Star Trek/every awesome Hollywood film ever Ben Burtt to enliven it. For a 2hr22min movie with no dialogue it zips by rather quickly, and there's something always impressive about old films where there's actually some crazy pilot doing the stunts themselves.

Oozer3993

CyReN

What are all the details do we know for Halo 4 E3 so far?

Monday
  • Campaign at Xbox Show
  • GameTrailer Spartan Ops Preview

Anything MP schedules been publicly released yet?

TheOddOne

Seeing as journalists are going to be playing the multiplayer, expect write-ups to appear with videos.

I have no idea on how the MLG guys are going to smuggle out footage or are they going to get to post only the stuff given by Microsoft. Hopefully they get to walk away with video of the matches they played.

CyReN

I have no idea on how the MLG guys are going to smuggle out footage or are they going to get to post only the stuff given by Microsoft. Hopefully they get to walk away with video of the matches they played.

I wouldn't mind knowing this either, Best Man is going to try his best to get stuff for footage and impressions (if it's allowed of course) if not it's cool and we'll understand. I think with the game coming out in 5 months and no real MP yet I would think it will be allowed.

If you are going to E3 and can get footage, WATERMARK it. Don't get Halo4Follower or FBWalshy'd.

What are all the details do we know for Halo 4 E3 so far?

Monday
  • Campaign at Xbox Show
  • GameTrailer Spartan Ops Preview

Anything MP schedules been publicly released yet?
bsangel wrote in the bulletin from 5.16.12:
Everyone will have access to select Specializations, but those that purchase the Halo 4 Limited Edition will receive the ability to unlock six Specializations early, available at launch on Xbox LIVE. You can use them, one at a time, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options. We’ll be releasing more information about Specializations at E3, so expect additional details about this particular feature then.
It can be that we use Specializations in SO but I think if they give us more details, they will definitely show us the MP.

Fuchsdh

Oh man, that E3 2001 demo was amazingly horrifying. It felt like something circa 1993 not 2001.

Microsoft has certainly learned the value of tarting up their presentations, that's for sure.

Amazon. Free Release date shipping, Spider-Man armor, no taxes if not in NY or some other fucked up city
Free Release Date Shipping? Is that Amazon Prime? Or is any order above $25 free to ship like how it is with Amazon UK?

Just that I doubt the free shipping will get it to me on release date.

Top Bottom