• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Call of Duty Infinite Warfare (Via PS5)

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
220px-Call_of_Duty_Infinite_Warfare_cover.jpg

Infinite Warfare was a 2016 futuristic first person shooter that went up against Dice's Battlefield 1, a world war 1 shooter.

Somehow, Infinity Ward was able to squeeze out another quality campaign that's 7-8 hours.

170px-Kit_harrington_by_sachyn_mital_%28cropped_2%29.jpg

If there were a script that had the guy from Game of Throes as the main villain in a call of duty game I probably wouldn’t believe you but it’s what I’m looking for.

OK, my biggest takeaway from this game is you have tons of flight combat missions that segway from the main missions. Flying the "Jackals" has some learning curves, but for sure it's assisted combat and it feels fresh.

R.6982a39e6ee32b326d530211504fe56b

Milkyway Galaxy where the missions can be selected from.

maxresdefault.jpg

Jackal flight view.

The missions play very linear expected from call of duty games, almost Doom eternal like with really nutty robot fights and arena style levels. I think it's safe to brand this as a Halo military shooter without the aliens, for me this was Call of Duty meets Killzone. The differences in enemies vs allies isn't very there. The mechanics from the previous COD (Black Ops 3, 2015, slide running, wall running, boost jumps) are all there. Adding a hub from the characters main "Retribution" space ship was interesting, I think they added nice details like troops looking up at the news monitors, the hit list in the commanders quaraters those things alone give it a mass effect, cozy feel and I can't imagine COD1-4 doing that.

Official Neogaf Infinite warfare thread.

bo3spaceh4u3k.png

Overall it feels like a very underrated campaign, filled with tons of moments, you go from Mars, to a moon on Venus, back to Earth if this was any other name than call of duty it would have an insane amount of hype to it, as it did sell less than other call of duty games. The multiplayer itself you're dealing with dead servers today. What did GAF think of this particular COD title?

wipeout364

This is certainly in my top campaigns for COD up there with MW 1, Black ops 1, and Cold War for me. I would love for a sequel but I don’t think they will go in that direction.

Infinite Warfare also had great multiplayer with enjoyable maps and weapons. I think the game was a great return to form for infinity ward after the disappointing Ghosts. With Infinite Warfare the public I think was tired of sci fi COD after black ops 2, black ops 3 advanced warfare and ghosts which all had a futuristic vibe so it ended up being kind of forgotten.

Top Bottom