• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Games will be made by outside contractors moving foward says leaker

kiphalfton

This has got to be fake, right?

Why buy them if you dont want them to continue the IP you paid billions for?
IP is still there, they just don't want to pay infinity ward, treyarch, etc.

Maybe they can hire grove street games. Seems like they're pretty cheap

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Yep. The corporate answer is to hire contractors because it looks good for numbers quarterly. In the end it cost more. The time spent on training then losing that talent and knowledge is a drain is just stupid. Contracting out QA is stupid, it doesn't get you a quality product. Some qa can be outsourced but In house QA working directly with devs is always better. If all this is true Microsoft is ushering in Bargain bin gaming for the masses.
Weren't Naughty Dog using contracted QA and the layoffs were them ending the contracts early?

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
this is a very smart decision by Microsoft.
The average COD players wont be able to differentiate the quality anyway

Sorry not familiar with the revenue cod makes or play the game lol but I guess you wouldn’t be selling it for $70 a pop anymore if they did just that.

They're $1billion at least every year just in terms of sales + they're already monestised to hell like any other GaaS and you have Warzone on top of that.

Just doesn't make sense. Only way this happens is if Microsoft royally fucks it up

I understand this is a rumor but I can't help but laugh. MS is literally the only gaming company I feel like could destroy the CoD IP. If this is true, they got a good start for that. I just can't imagine thinking that they would want to follow the route that basically killed their most popular franchise. But then again, this is MS we are talking about here. Nothing has flourished or gotten better under the Xbox umbrella. It's actually pretty impressive how they manage to screw up everything.

For those who say "This is a lie or not true" you know deep inside companies do shit like this all the time, they do not care other than:

No Way Wow GIF by RatePunk

Also, for those who believe it 100%, my advice is as always:

Well See Season 1 GIF by Love Trip Paris

This has got to be fake, right?

Why buy them if you dont want them to continue the IP you paid billions for?
Their original reason for buying ABK was to take CoD Xbox exclusive. Then government regulators took a look and were like "LOL no" and then MS appeased by signing 10 year contracts with Sony and Nintendo.

Unfortunately, this completely invalidated the whole reason they were buying ABK in the first place. So now they spent $70 billion on something they have to publish on platforms they wanted to withhold it from. So I guess now they are going to pinch pennies instead because they don't give a shit about it anymore.

Reactions: GHG

twilo99

Wouldn’t it make sense to just combined all the cod studios and let them work on it?

I was thinking about that but I think what's special about CoD is that they all feel quite different, so although its essentially the same game, if you are into it they actually do come out different depending on the baker, so... perhaps if they combine all into one we would loose that aspect.

Kokoloko85

COD makes more money than 90% of games. It didnt need to make changes this kind of way. But MS will be MS.

I dont even know how MS makes so much money. Probably something Epstein Island related all these years lol. Bill Gates would know.

Anyway, after the Black Ops remakes and these kind of decisions, COD is gonna go downhill alot

Everything MS touches dies. I saw this coming from a mile away. I tried to warn people but some people are too attached to their brand loyalty and getting cheap games from a service to see the disaster that was looming with MS purchasing ABK. If this rumor is true then COD is completely fucked.
You’re correct indeed. My brother is one of those MS apologists that sees no wrong in anything they do. He is even trying to defend this shite situation as it’s happening. Some people are truly blind, dumb or delusional enough to defend everything MS does at this point. Others with an open mind have seen this since they went on a buying spree. Everything MS touches turns to absolute shit. Their track record is proof of that and there is no defending that unless your delusional like so many other green sheep.

Crayon

You’re correct indeed. My brother is one of those MS apologists that sees no wrong in anything they do. He is even trying to defend this shite situation as it’s happening. Some people are truly blind, dumb or delusional enough to defend everything MS does at this point. Others with an open mind have seen this since they went on a buying spree. Everything MS touches turns to absolute shit. Their track record is proof of that and there is no defending that unless your delusional like so many other green sheep.

3hzzuk.jpg

Yoboman

Their original reason for buying ABK was to take CoD Xbox exclusive. Then government regulators took a look and were like "LOL no" and then MS appeased by signing 10 year contracts with Sony and Nintendo.

Unfortunately, this completely invalidated the whole reason they were buying ABK in the first place. So now they spent $70 billion on something they have to publish on platforms they wanted to withhold it from. So I guess now they are going to pinch pennies instead because they don't give a shit about it anymore.
Exactly

They are close to $80 billion in the hole from acquisitions. Starfield bombed and had no effect on hardware or subs and they got cornered into making COD stay multiplat

Their only solution now is to penny pinch their way out of this massive hole. That will include cost cutting on COD and also the rest of their studios while taking most stuff third party to recoup investments

If Phil can't actually show a material impact of all this money spent then the whole business unit is in deep shit

Ozzie666

Are we not entertained? I'm still not sure if this is true, but maybe they are going to put more people on Diablo 4.

COD getting the Halo infinite 10 year plan, one COD to rule them all.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I mean honestly this would be great news as it would free up so many studios to work on more than one single game year in year out.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Oh noh MS choosing the cheaper less quality option for another franchise ? Nooo.. say it aint so...

Is so cute that the "I want to pay 5 dollars for my subscription of AAA day 1 games" beggars still thinks they deserve a quality product from MS.

You get wat you pay for ... suckers.. not MS fault you took the bait.

Last edited:

twilo99

I dont even know how MS makes so much money.

GaF logic has a really hard time with that one!

It puts the hive mind in a deeply perplexed state which triggers this massive cognitive dissonance, clearly observed in this very thread, and its all extremely entertaining to observe.

I will tell you a little secret that will explain everything.. they make money by sheer incompetence and dumb luck. Everyone that works there has absolutely no idea what's going on... so it makes perfect sense that they make money, yes? Just try to think about it and you will see how simple it all is..

Last edited:
Top Bottom