• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III | Review Thread

Predict The Final Opencritic/MetaCritic Scores for MWIII

• 30-39%

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • 40-49%

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • 50-59%

Votes: 25 11.3%
  • 60-69%

Votes: 57 25.8%
  • 70-79%

Votes: 67 30.3%
  • 80-89%

Votes: 34 15.4%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 95-99%

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

splattered

I'm all out of the battlepass tokens and I've been having some health issues recently so don't always feel like playing. It's funny I can grind something like fortnite half the day and feel fine but something like cod messes with my hr/blood pressure a lot more so can't grind it like I used to

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I'm all out of the battlepass tokens and I've been having some health issues recently so don't always feel like playing. It's funny I can grind something like fortnite half the day and feel fine but something like cod messes with my hr/blood pressure a lot more so can't grind it like I used to
Its their SBMM that just begins to piss me off as well.

Its just a guarantee I put up a few good games I know what's about to happen

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Just out of interest, are any of you COD heads interested in XDefiant?
Jake Gyllenhaal No GIF

splattered

I mean COME ON that just looks bad ass! (Is that destruction i see at the center of the prison and the lighthouse???)

I had over 4k COD coins saved up cause i never spend them on skins or anything in the store... i am so tired lately and busy with work no time to grind so said fuck it and bought the remaining battle pass tabs i needed. Took nearly all my coins. Oh well, don't care. Didn't want to miss out on this season's BP rewards.

Last edited:

twilo99

I completed the battle pass and I haven't really looked much into it but I guess I ended up with 1400 points which isn't bad I guess.. like $10 worth?

Anyway I spent them on this

solid bitch face

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
I completed the battle pass and I haven't really looked much into it but I guess I ended up with 1400 points which isn't bad I guess.. like $10 worth?

solid bitch face
I just want my Woods Trucker Skin back. Maybe this November............................

Z5zlnup.png

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member

solid bitch face
I almost got that one as well, but then I realised I'm not gonna switch from calisto's witch skin anyway. 🤷‍♂️
Still waiting on that kong pack, hope it's good.

havoc00

The legendary stoners Cheech and Chong are coming to Call of Duty: Warzone, Modern Warfare III, and Warzone Mobile in a DLC bundle, and they're voiced by Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong themselves. The stoner-comedy legends will be available to buy in a tracer pack that also comes with three weapon blueprints, a sticker, a large decal, a loading screen, and the "Secondhand Smoke" finishing move.

Given that the bundle has two operators and its own dedicated finishing move, this will likely be one of the more expensive DLC bundles yet, though official pricing was not announced in Activision's blog post.

Continuing the stoner theme, Modern Warfare III will have a new event called "Blaze Up" that promises "exclusively dank rewards." Activision warned fans that this event "may cause the munchies." The event begins during the Season 3 launch window.

There is also a bundle called "Stoney Sloth" coming to Call of Duty in Season 3. A teaser image shows a sloth with bloodshot eyes and marijuana leaves covering his body.

There is also a "new" map coming to Modern Warfare III called Growhouse. This is an updated version of the Sphere map from Call of Duty: Vanguard that morphed from an experimental test site to a "backwoods narcotics den nestled in remote foothills."

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
This is the best COD in a very long time, its fucking awesome just now. SHG are killing it with these seasons.

I know it will never happen but with this being essentially year 2 of MWII, a new COD every 2 years instead of one would benieft everyone.

Im positive they would sell more by releasing less. I know loads that skipped this year but would have bought a £30 expansion and are now missing out big time.

The game is in a great place now.

BigLee74

Nah. The over the top sbmm has ruined what could have been a great game. No two games in a row appear to play the same for me as I get bounced between servers to favour skill over connection.

Not to mention the glut of sweaty try hards now encountered.

Cold War appears to be the last great COD that wasn’t affected by this issue. It also had 6v6 face off which was just fantastic (small maps, no kill streaks).

Having said that - the output is great. Six new 6v6 maps this season coming - wow!

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Nah. The over the top sbmm has ruined what could have been a great game. No two games in a row appear to play the same for me as I get bounced between servers to favour skill over connection.

Not to mention the glut of sweaty try hards now encountered.

Cold War appears to be the last great COD that wasn’t affected by this issue. It also had 6v6 face off which was just fantastic (small maps, no kill streaks).

If you mid like me and not in the top % wise of players I find I hardly notice the sbmm. Not saying its not an issue mind, just not so much for me.

Its the same with cheaters i hardly come across them in this or warzone, im just not good enough thank god.

Although i don't play for longer periods these days so that might be a factor.

Im sure its not as bad as it was in II and at launch. I noticed it then.

twilo99

I’ve been enjoying the mechanics since the beta, I knew it was a solid game from the first few hours of gameplay, but they’ve really done a great job on the cosmetics and maps, I didn’t expect that part.

Are SHG known for this type of cycle?

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I actually dont know if i like the look of that enough to buy black cell this season... but do we not get snoop unless we buy the black cell pass? Hmmm
Sadly I mainly buy the Black Cell because I need the head start because I don't think I would finish the BP without it

Sadly I mainly buy the Black Cell because I need the head start because I don't think I would finish the BP without it
Unless you mean something else, you can buy the "skips" without buying the blackcell. I don't like the black and gold aesthetic so in season 2 I got the 2400 CP battle pass option and got the 25 tier skips. You basically got three options, the basic at 1100 CP, 25 tier skips at 2400 CP, or blackcell for 30 bucks with 25 tier skips and blackcell variance of weapons and skins.

*PlayStation has the 25 tier skips. Other platforms only get 20 I believe.*

calistan

Why would anyone want to run around playing war while looking like Snoop the frickin Dog, Cheech and/or goddamn Chong, or a man-sized sloth covered in cannabis leaves? And only looking like that to other people - it's a first-person game.

Love this game in general, but I really object to the cosmetic crap. Surely there's no cool factor to be gained from buying that stuff.

Season 1, 2 and 3 are a punch on the dick for zombies fans.
Good for multiplayer fans getting 6 maps but I was excited thought zombies will be on rebirth island with some new gameplay

Top Bottom