• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond: Two Souls Screenshots (Quantic Dream, PS3, E3 2012)

Definitely looks amazing - though I'm not too sure how I feel yet. HR pulled me in immediately because of the atmosphere and it being a "detective" games of sorts. I'm not sure how I feel about this one yet.

NYR

beyond_screen_107z7y7.jpg
This will become a meme, I'm sure of it.

Definitely looks amazing - though I'm not too sure how I feel yet. HR pulled me in immediately because of the atmosphere and it being a "detective" games of sorts. I'm not sure how I feel about this one yet.

Cage said this game takes place over the span of her whole life, or something to that effect
So it'll be kind of a journey with her and her ghost friend

Really exciting idea

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Hey eyes looks so lifeless in every shot. Weird because the cop dude doesn't have that problem.

Cudder

Game of the show for me. thank you QD for continuing to do something different than what everyone else is doing. <3

BlueSteel

There's something about the cop that makes me go "WOW"

Watching the trailer... damn, if that's not as good as I've seen in a video game.

That looked stunning. Quantic Dream... bunch of wizards. No uncanny valley for me at all. That looked like I was watching a film for a few minutes.

Very disappointed by the lack of gameplay though. I wonder if this will still have the same play method as Heavy Rain...

Those faces....wow.....

Have no idea what to expect in terms of gameplay, but man, those faces.....incredible.

Makes you wonder just how realistic Cage could make people look on the next gen console.

*shudder* Maybe too realistic.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
This and TLOU really made me move closer to the edge of the seat, the only two games to do so today. They know their drama, that's for sure.

Hey eyes looks so lifeless in every shot. Weird because the cop dude doesn't have that problem.
Her eyes are better than his (deeper or something). They both look excellent in the video though, so it's moot how they look in stills.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Looks amazing! :0

I just hope they can get over the usual Quantic Dream storytellin problems.

El Sloth

Banned
This and The Last Of Us is making me think that the incredible progress of facial hair tech is the theme (and winner) of this E3.

Can't wait to see how WiiU renders Mario's mustache.

Looks neat, G4 had an interview with David Cage after the conference where he said the game is way more action oriented than Heavy Rain.

Looks neat, G4 had an interview with David Cage after the conference where he said the game is way more action oriented than Heavy Rain.

There's a small gameplay clip posted in the other thread that shows her running through a forest, it looks pretty fast and more like a traditionally controlled game from the snippet

jett

D-Member
beyond_screen_05nl7rw.jpg

Looks great but something is strange with her head and hair here.

I am guessing that is something that looks a lot better in motion. I appreciate that someone at least in this industry is attempting to make hair that actually moves properly, and I'm not talking about just a ponytail.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I really really really hope that they hired a female writer if they're going to try to tell a mature story following a young girl over the course of her life.

Top Bottom