• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond: Two Souls Screenshots (Quantic Dream, PS3, E3 2012)

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
This game looks bloody amazing, the end of the trailer was just epic.

21503452.jpg

yaaaaaaaaaaaay

She's also used for all of the motion capture. All of the nuances in movement and facial expressions are Page's

that's cutscene graphics though.. which can be anything since you're not playing. yes yes it's "in-engine" but still the actual gameplay won't look like that. it will look somewhat better than Heavy Rain, which is good enough for me.

I'll be honest, I still wish they had just made Kara a game.

Still, this looks visually amazing. Wonder what the gameplay is gonna be like.

Juice

The supernatural stuff bums me out. Otherwise the trailer was pretty solid. I actually had higher expectations. Hopefully the game is fun.

I'm worried the pacing is going to be too much faster than Heavy Rain. I'm afraid Quantic is going to respond to Heavy Rain criticism by packing in more high tempo action, which is their weakest area (next to plot holes)

Where are you guys getting that she's in TLoU from? She's only in Beyond. Her likeness was initially used in TLoU before they straight up changed the model

I think most people are trolling because it was plain as day Ellen inspired original Ellie (still does to me, just not nearly as much).

This game is probably the real reason Ellie's face got changed in the first place (since the voice clearly matched the original Ellie better). ND likely didn't want any confusion.

Raistlin

Amazing shaders.

Beyond that, this games looks to the most impressive realtime lighting and shadowing I've ever seen. I can't believe this is on a current gen console.

Rewatch the demo and look closely at the lighting on peoples' faces. It's unbelievable.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
This game is probably the real reason Ellie's face got changed in the first place (since the voice clearly matched the original Ellie better). ND likely didn't want any confusion.
Maybe a reason, but not the only reason. They wouldn't make her look younger if it was just a likeness change. I think they just wanted to make her look her age (and realistic age, not TV age where most 13 year old teens are played by a 19+ year olds)

Raistlin

I think most people are trolling because it was plain as day Ellen inspired original Ellie (still does to me, just not nearly as much).

Actually Ellie wasn't not based on Ellen but a different actress who happens to have some very similar facial features (there were pics in the original thread).

I suspect because of this game though, they decided to make her less directly modeled from the actress.

[EDIT]

Ashley Johnson

8820-25523.gif

MV5BMTE5MTU1NTgwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTMzOTYy._V1_.jpg

Ehhhhh.

Heavy Rain suffered because it was a video game; it was simply the wrong medium for its portrayal and this trailer gives me the same vibe. I'm really not in the mood to watch another video game, no matter how compelling its story or characters may be, but I guess that's how QD like doing things.

EDIT: Wait, there's gameplay going about? I can't check it out now, but I'll happy be enlightened by anyone else more in the know as to how it plays.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Because it's her.

No man. It's all in your imagination.

...Err... surprise!

because it is ellen page

Oh, I didn't know they actually hire Ellen Page for this, hahaha.

But the girl in The Last of Us was not Ellen Page yeah? Though she looked similar to her and this character in this game.

I won't complain though. I personally find Ellen Page very attractive so it's nice to her face used more often.

Ehhhhh.

Heavy Rain suffered because it was a video game; it was simply the wrong medium for its portrayal and this trailer gives me the same vibe. I'm really not in the mood to watch another video game, no matter how compelling its story or characters may be, but I guess that's how QD like doing things.

EDIT: Wait, there's gameplay going about? I can't check it out now, but I'll happy be enlightened by anyone else more in the know as to how it plays.

I disagree, there are moments in that game that actually felt special precisely because it's a game. cutting off a finger or shooting innocent suspect by mistake etc is just some example why it work better as an interactive media rather than a simple movie.

Raistlin

because it is ellen page
OMG those posters are amazing. I'd love full sized ones.

Oh, I didn't know they actually hire Ellen Page for this, hahaha.

But the girl in The Last of Us was not Ellen Page yeah? Though she looked similar to her and this character in this game.

I won't complain though. I personally find Ellen Page very attractive so it's nice to her face used more often.
See my previous post.

What is this fucking wizardry devs are pulling with current gen consoles. Naval warfare in AC3, Beyond, Last of Us, Watch Dogs (?) look fucking jawdropping. Just when I thought this gen was visually maxed, these games knock my jaw to the floor. Damn.

Top Bottom