• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lollipop Chainsaw |OT| Nothing makes you forget about a bad E3 like a lollipop!

would you recommend hard difficulty for the 1st playthrough or did normal prove sufficient?

normal was no problem for me and I hate hard games :D
and you'll buy combos throughout the game so it does get easier until the end

Does it have any annoying mechanics like the "jack off motion to recharge your sword constantly" like no more heroes?

hmm...Quick time events maybe. They are not frustrating though.

btw: Boss battles are amazing!

Axiom

This is a double with Gravity Rush for me as well.

I hope my local EB has one of their staff dressed as Juliet again when I pick it up, but even if not, getting Beetlejuice as a pre-order bonus is pretty damn awesome.

dokish

Banned
ONE OF THE FINEST OT I'VE EVER SEEN!

But isn't the boss section super spoilerish? I mean, I don't wanna know how the bosses look like.

Tizoc

Just noticed that 2 of the alt outfits are from Highschool of the dead.

The ninja outfit is from Manyuu Hikencho-
qTC26.jpg

Squire

Banned
This is a double with Gravity Rush for me as well.

I hope my local EB has one of their staff dressed as Juliet again when I pick it up, but even if not, getting Beetlejuice as a pre-order bonus is pretty damn awesome.

Wait, WHAT?

Tensketch

I'm only just recently getting into the Suda51 games, having picked up Killer7 (£5! not played it yet), NMH1 (EU version, the censoring is terrible), NMH2 (brilliant!) and Shadows of the Damned (short, but enjoyed it). So I'm naturally hyped for LPC.

Also, am I wrong in thinking the preorder costumes can be unlocked in game also? as the UK doesnt appear to have any.

Squire

Banned
Just noticed that 2 of the alt outfits are from Highschool of the dead.

The ninja outfit is from Manyuu Hikencho-
qTC26.jpg

Yeah, that's because this is also a Kodikawa property. The HOTD artist did a piece with Julia and Rei and Saeko.

Dascu

I'm only just recently getting into the Suda51 games, having picked up Killer7 (£5! not played it yet), NMH1 (EU version, the censoring is terrible), NMH2 (brilliant!) and Shadows of the Damned (short, but enjoyed it). So I'm naturally hyped for LPC.

Don't forget Flower, Sun and Rain too while you're at it.

Gorki247

Fixed :) They're all Unlockables, guys. The pre-order bonuses will probably DLC, though.

Not according to the official twitter feed; the pre-order ones won't be made available as DLC (we'll see though, as I would love to get the Ash and Jimmy Urine outfits).

Are the bosses as good (interesting) as the bosses in NMH, like do they have their awesome dialog before fighting that makes the memorable?
Is it longer or shorter than NMH1? and what about 2?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I did have the prime trial, but I can't justify the annual cost when I do so little shopping on Amazon. I'm guessing the preorder just comes with a code? Wonder if it's reusable...

Fair enough. I get all my games from Amazon, so Prime pretty much pays for itself.

Carnby

I cancelled my amazon pre order today. I'm just not convinced that this won't be the same failure that Shadows of the Damned was.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
No More Herpes?

I have no idea why I just said that, but I did.

goMaki

Day 1 for me. I have been looking forward to this game ever since it was announced. I'll be getting it along with Gravity Rush, another game I am so looking forward to. Now to just figure out how to juggle playing those two games along side of my current addiction to Dragon's Dogma...

GrayFoxPL

I finished it after 5 hours

My score: 9/10

Gameplay: 7/10
Graphics: 6.5 /10
Sound: 9/10 (dat OST)
Replay value: 9/10

Unlockables:

Combos
Costumes
Soundtrack
Concept art
Difficulties
Level-Up your Character

+ many Collectables
+ Extra modes

This game is like no more heroes...just better.

If you don't like Suda51 games you will not like Lollipop chainsaw.

Was it PS3 version?
Please.
Does it have motion sensor gimmicks, like shaking to do something?
This is buy or no buy for me.

Himself

Forgot it's a Yamoaka soundtrack. Interested to see what he does for this.

Word on the streets is that it's short, but has good replay value. Not a problem for me, but my question is where does the replay value come from? The combat? Branching scenarios? Just plain awesome fun?

Also, did the rumored rhythm style gameplay ever show up?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Was it PS3 version?
Please.
Does it have motion sensor gimmicks, like shaking to do something?
This is buy or no buy for me.

I can't remember the last third party PS3 game I played that actually used the Sixaxis. I wouldn't worry too much about motion controls. Just because NMH used them shouldn't make you think LC uses them.

clockpunk

Not according to the official twitter feed; the pre-order ones won't be made available as DLC (we'll see though, as I would love to get the Ash and Jimmy Urine outfits).

Oh damn, I don't suppose you have a reference link for that, do you? I've been asking them that for months now, to no official response.

If so, it will be extremely annoying, as over here in the UK only Amazon are offering bonus costumes (Goth and Rockabilly)... no-one has the Evil Dead piece!! :-/

Looks like a ton of fun but I can in no way shape or form justify purchasing a five hour game. I will probably just beat it twice on a rental or something

GrayFoxPL

I can't remember the last third party PS3 game I played that actually used the Sixaxis. I wouldn't worry too much about motion controls. Just because NMH used them shouldn't make you think LC uses them.

That's exactly why I'm afraid. Couldn't buy NMH because of this. :(.

Bumhead

Banned
This looks like way, way too much fun to pass on, but I'm going to wait for a price drop. This type of game combined with bomba UK market suggests I should wait the two weeks it'll take for this to hit £20.

Top Bottom