• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lollipop Chainsaw |OT| Nothing makes you forget about a bad E3 like a lollipop!

hmm how do I earn more silver medals? Only by activating the special powers? :eek: unlocking costumes will take forever! :D

Uhh, ask yourself that question. Because you are the only person on GAF who has a copy of the game atm. :p

Also, thank you for realizing you were derailing the thread Femmeworth.

What console should I get this for?

Your best bet is to find any articles or impressions of how the PS3 vs 360 versions of Shadows of the Damned compare. Since most of the same elements are in play here.

TGMIII

What console should I get this for?

Don't quote me on this. I think PS3 was the lead platform but there doesn't seem to be any differences that would make you pick one version over the other from what I've seen.

Yeah I'm wrong.

Tizoc

Uhh, ask yourself that question. Because you are the only person on GAF who has a copy of the game atm. :p

Also, thank you for realizing you were derailing the thread Femmeworth.

Your best bet is to find any articles or impressions of how the PS3 vs 360 versions of Shadows of the Damned compare. Since most of the same elements are in play here.

Come now it doesn't hurt to give him ideas to test out.

@Dark- Are silver medals collectables hidden in stages or some such?

Squire

Banned
It's distributed by Warner Interactive. History suggests they'll try and nickel and dime customers later with costume DLC. It would be unusual for them not to.

I can only imagine your referencing Arkham City's costumes. This has 19 costumes on disc, for FREE.

If they come back 3 months later and ask for $5 for the handful of pre-order costumes, I REALLY don't think that's a "nickel-and-dime" scenario.

Tizoc

silver medals are rewards for killing multiple zombies at once. You earn "normal" gold medals for killing just one or two enemies in a row

Try this maybe-
If you can get groups of zombies next to each other do so and kill them, keep doing this for every batch of zombies u encounter.
In No more heroes, there was a way to kill multiple enemies when u get the prompt for the deathblow, maybe some similar trick is available in this game?

So I went for the early launch event that the toronto yonge/dundas EbGames(the canadian subsidiary of gamestop) was holding yesterday. They gave out free decaptitated head keychains, giant lollipops, and inflatable chainsaws.

They also had George Romero and Jessica Nigirri there to hype up the game for its launch.

There was a problem with their vendor not allowing them to sell it before tuesday so they gave everyone who lined up to take a picture with Romero/Jessica a coupon to get 30$ off the game.

The funniest part was that this was the longest line I had ever waited for due to a game launch and they didn't even have a game to release. The line curved throughout the store and extended into the second floor of the store as well.

They had a launch event, but were unable to launch the game? WTF

Also, why do people keep saying 19 costumes? I added every single image of every single costume I could find. What am I missing? Even with the pre-order exclusives, it doesn't amount to 19.

:/

Gbraga

They had a launch event, but were unable to launch the game? WTF

Also, why do people keep saying 19 costumes? I added every single image of every single costume I could find. What am I missing? Even with the pre-order exclusives, it doesn't amount to 19.

:/

What's wrong with 19? It's a nice number, has a nice ring to it. This is disrespectful.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
On the costume thing, there actually are 19 costumes, it's just not all of them have official artwork or screens yet. These 19 costumes are in the game and don't include the 5 pre-order costumes. The full list of costumes officially from Gtrasshopper:

Sexy American Casual – This sexy get-up leaves little to the imagination
American Cheerleader Costume – Show ‘em how much you love freedom in this cheer outfit
Purple Pride Uniform – Visiting team alternate uniform
Date Night Outfit – Great for a date with your body less soul mate
Bunny Costume – Juliet’s bunny doll is slightly worse for wear
Crash Helmet – Approved by the Department of Transportation
Cordelia’s Costume – Calm, cool, collected - Cordelia’s killer style
Rosalind’s Costume – Rosalind’s slickest outfit on-lend to Juliet - Dry clean only
Dad’s Costume – Expert zombie hunter lounge wear
Mom’s Costume – Sexy MILF clothes straight from Mom’s closet
Japanese Maid Costume – Cleaning up a zombie mess has never been more appropriate
Sexy Rider Suit – Pink leather jumpsuit with a strategically placed zipper
Busujima Saeko Costume – Busujima Saeko’s costume from High School of the Dead
Haruna Costume – Haruna from Is This a Zombie?
Shiro Costume – Shiro’s costume from Deadman Wonderland
Manyu Chifusa Costume – Samurai costume from Manyu Scroll
Miyamoto Rei Costume – Miyamoto Rei’s costume from High School of the Dead
Striped Bikini – A beach staple, perfect for those hot summer days
Sexy Seashell Bikini – Mermaids got nothing on Juliet

Also. it's 19 costumes since it doesn't include the 20th one, the default costume.

Crash Helmet – Approved by the Department of Transportation
Cordelia’s Costume – Calm, cool, collected - Cordelia’s killer style
Rosalind’s Costume – Rosalind’s slickest outfit on-lend to Juliet - Dry clean only
Dad’s Costume – Expert zombie hunter lounge wear
Mom’s Costume – Sexy MILF clothes straight from Mom’s closet

These seem to be the ones that are missing. That's really weird, why release images of everything else but these?

Oops sorry lol. Here's the translated version of that:

To release Lollipop Chainsaw was a few days, and even though I'm waiting for this game looks, its length is disappointing.

On Friday, the Polish stores latest production will Grasshooper Manufacture - Lollipop Chainsaw. Since that I am a fan of their previous game Shadows of the Damned, the nicierpliwością waiting for their new work. As reported by my friends who already have the game, you can go in 4 hours! Disappointing, but including two endings, a few costumes and trophies to unlock certainly spend more time with this title. Review on our website soon.

4 hours!? Well, at least this won't have the Shadows of the Damned problem where it just goes on forever even if it's interesting gameplay mechanics run cold halfway through.

Rental status indeed.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Four hours is pretty short, even for multiple playthroughs. I wonder if he's counting the in-game timer? I remember people saying that Resident Evil 5 was 4 hours long because of that.

I still have my $45 pre-order, though, so I think I'm okay with that.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I'd rather play 4 enjoyable hours with no filler than 12 hours full of filler. I got my $45 preorder in, though, so I'm okay with this.

So going by what people are saying, this is more or less confirmed? Wasn't really believing the 4-hour length myself, but won't really be effecting my purchase if true.

I'd rather play 4 enjoyable hours with no filler than 12 hours full of filler. I got my $45 preorder in, though, so I'm okay with this.

yeah. i don't mind short at all if it's filler free. there's no better replay incentive than a kick ass 5 hour campaign.

EYEL1NER

So frustrating.
I've wanted this since it got announced but money is unemployment is tight.
If I get the badasd job I am hoping for, I'll try to pay full MSRP when I can get it. I feel like it will be worth it and ime paying the mobey will maybe offset one of the "Hurrr, it's a Suda game. I'll get in in a month for $10 lol" types a bit.
I just hope that by the time I get it, the preorder costumes are available for download and can be downloaded from the remote location I may be in. If I had the money, I would do three different preorders and then return two of them to get all the content early and free but it's not an option right now.

Finally the OT. One of my most anticipated this year and I woud like to buy it day one. Due to lack of money that's not going to happen though. Hopefuly I can join the party as soon as possible.

NeoRausch

Can't wait for some slashing smexyness!
4-5 hours of boiled down goodness are totally cool in my book.

any word on the german version? As a big movie fan a giant "100% uncut!"-sticker makes me SUPER SUSPICIOUS. Is it really uncut? PEGI version is a bit expensiv for my taste.

ok i'm upset (not really) with most of you saying eh it is ok it is only 4 hours. I remember when Mirror's edge came out and one review said 5 hours and it TOTALLY killed sales. I remember reading and literally EVERYONE said they would not buy it because of that. I feel with that game was longer it would have really felt fatigued...I guess I'm just sad that there is not Mirror's edge 2 seeing as it was on of my favorite games this gen. It is refreshing to hear that people are ok with it and the replay value on this game and Mirror's edge IMO is going to be very high

Can't wait for some slashing smexyness!
4-5 hours of boiled down goodness are totally cool in my book.

any word on the german version? As a big movie fan a giant "100% uncut!"-sticker makes me SUPER SUSPICIOUS. Is it really uncut? PEGI version is a bit expensiv for my taste.

Yes, it's uncut and USK 16
lol

This game is meant to be played through multiple times. 4-5 hours for the first playthrough of the campaign is right.

NeoRausch

Yes, it's uncut and USK 16
lol

This game is meant to be played through multiple times. 4-5 hours for the first playthrough of the campaign is right.

Cool, thanks for the confirmation. Preorder set.

as a person with a fulltime job i love me some short burst games.
beside unlocking stuff, what else is there for replay value? Diffrent endings? Highscore mode?

GrayFoxPL

finished the game in a day, felt pretty short :( was playing it on and off while taking breaks to do some work, eat, watch tv etc... i say the 4 hr playtime is about right, really wish it was longer and the stages had more freedom. game is pretty easy on normal mode, if there is any difficulty, it lies in some sloppy mechanics of the mini games or boss fights. that being said, i still found the game entertaining and will probably do a second run in nightmare mode to unlock costumes. just not sure if it's worth the full price, i would pickup dragon's dogma first if you haven't already.

PS3 version? Any motion sensor gimmicks?

Top Bottom