• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

zap

Ok hold on. I remember hearing that from some MLG kid or something, but where was this confirmed and also does dual wield mean traditional dual wield or just have 2 in your inventory

You can get a perk that allows you to start with two "primary" weapons, i.e. BR and DMR.

I don't think dual weilding exists in H4.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Does someone have a list of all known support and tactical upgrades? I'm still really confused about which upgrades fall into which category. As it stands now, I think I'll use the radar upgrade and the shield regen upgrade, but I'm not sure if both of those fall in the same category. :-\

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Cool, thanks Biggy. I'll probably use that infinite sprint one pretty often, too.

Shadders

Also there will be many orange tears today! :p

Idiots. Fighting against Germans.

duitslangvnederland.jpg

I don't normally do this multi-quote thing...
I own the first two seasons on DVD, and still think they're hilarious. I didn't get through following half of season 3 and tuned out after.
I find that incredibly weird. :p It took until season 3 for them to nail down the characters. Before then all of the people on Red/Blue were very similar.
I think the Halo 3 Magnum may literally be the most useless weapon in any video game. Ever.
It wasn't entirely useless. Definitely helped me get through the first couple of encounters on Sierra 117 on Legendary. Wouldn't pick it up, but I can deal with it if need be.
Halo 3 is fucking amazing, useless weapons aside. The Spiker was just as bad if not worse.
Dual Spikers fucked the Flood up.
I'm curious, what are your general opinions on Halo 3 Construct and Narrows?
Maps that can be forgotten.

Bip. Bap. Bam.

Please be in H4, pleeeeeease!

With all the different starting primary weapons in Halo 4, I think it's safe to say there will be other secondary weapons beside the pistol we've seen now and the plasma pistol. Maybe there'll be a forerunner secondary weapon but then there are still only 3 to chose from.

Trey

My post still stands.

Secondary or no, that is horrible. If primary's get 3 kills per clip, a secondary can get 2. Barely one with a high rate of fire (w/ recoil and bloom), meaning your chances of missing a few shots are pretty high, and it appears the game still have very slow weapon switch times.

Wolf is sad.

Why? I don't see why, within its function, it needs to have a clip size to accommodate two kills.

Woorloog

Banned
I'm curious, what are your general opinions on Halo 3 Construct and Narrows?

Narrows is a horrible, horrible map that can burn in Hell. Dynamic spawns...fuck. One side was too dark, especially when playing in splitscreen with a friend (darkness+smaller screen=not good).

Construct was among the better maps in Halo 3. Or would be, if it had more ramps to second floor. Too much reliance on gravity lifts. Also, bad flow, everyone came to second floor, the first floor was nigh unused.
Okay, it wasn't a good map but it was fun map at times, with some coordination it was possible to control the gravity lifts easily. Easy wins.

EDIT as for Halo pistols:
1. ODST's SOCOM pistol
2. Reach beta magnum
3. dual wielded Halo 2 magnums.
4. Halo CE magnum (the above ones had a better feel)
5. Reach retail magnum
6. Halo 3 magnum. I still do no understand what was the point of this weapon.

With all the different starting primary weapons in Halo 4, I think it's safe to say there will be other secondary weapons beside the pistol we've seen now and the plasma pistol. Maybe there'll be a forerunner secondary weapon but then there are still only 3 to chose from.

4 secondary weapons in the E3 build:
syhC.png

(There were 15 Primary)

Woorloog

Banned
4 secondary weapons in the E3 build:
http://i.imm.io/syhC.png[IMG]
(There were 15 Primary)[/QUOTE]

Interesting... Plasma Pistol, Magnum... what else? Probably some Promethean weapon... and something else. Maybe a Mauler-like weapon? (The Mauler was Brute's pistol).

No, wait. The SMG could be one of the secondary weapons. It is logical, it is more like a PDW than a submachine gun in Halo.

Interesting... Plasma Pistol, Magnum... what else? Probably some Promethean weapon... and something else. Maybe a Mauler-like weapon? (The Mauler was Brute's pistol).

No, wait. The SMG could be one of the secondary weapons. It is logical, it is more like a PDW than a submachine gun in Halo.
Other 2 were locked... Maybe SMG and some Covenant rifle (like the plasma rifle).

Do you have to unlock custom classes? Like after ranking up you get to use custom class 2?
Unknown. The ranking/investment system is still pretty much a secret.

No way, man. It relies too heavily on those gravity lifts. Countdown is Construct but better..
I never used the gravity lifts unless i knew the other team was somewhere else on the map. Best way to the top was hopping on the walls leading up to the sword area.
Why? I don't see why, within its function, it needs to have a clip size to accommodate two kills.
Because players shouldn't be discouraged from using weapons that are normally fun to use. The pistol is a fun weapon. Can devs get off the whole weapon role nonsense and just make the pistol a more viable weapon since that's how it started in Combat Evolved? I'm okay with weapons having roles based on range, and perhaps power (meaning how many bullets it takes to kill a player - although 6 shots to kill with a precision weapon in a FPS is just the dumbest thing ever). But I'm not okay with neutering weapons by limiting their clip size. It doesn't make a bit of sense.

Why can't all weapons be a viable primary option? The pistol was the primary weapon in Combat Evolved. In Halo2 it was nerfed to accommodate dual-wielding. But now having the pistol in the game without a bigger clip is just stupid. Might as well remove it from the sandbox being a lolwut 6 shot kill weapon.

It seems a lot of the focus is backwards with regard to what a secondary weapon should be. A secondary weapon should be a cleanup weapon as in the assault rifle. But for some reason our amazing friends at Bungie and now 343 keep trying to emphasize the assault rifle as a primary weapon and the gimpy pistol as the cleanup weapon. It's all nonsense. But keeping in line with my post, people should have the right to use the assault rifle as a primary weapon. But why in Halo's big fat anus does the pistol continue to get shit on? It's a fun weapon. Let us use it as a primary weapon if we want to and stop screwing pistol fans over. SHIT! (EDIT: A bit dramatic. But you get the drift from my ranting)

Wolves attack!
ZXkXT.gif

I never used the gravity lifts unless i knew the other team was somewhere else on the map. Best way to the top was hopping on the walls leading up to the sword area.
Because players shouldn't be discouraged from using weapons that are normally fun to use. The pistol is a fun weapon. Can devs get off the whole weapon role nonsense and just make the pistol a more viable weapon since that's how it started in Combat Evolved? I'm okay with weapons having roles based on range, and perhaps power (meaning how many bullets it takes to kill a player - although 6 shots to kill with a precision weapon in a FPS is just the dumbest thing ever). But I'm not okay with neutering weapons by limiting their clip size. It doesn't make a bit of sense.

Why can't all weapons be a viable primary option? The pistol was the primary weapon in Combat Evolved. In Halo2 it was nerfed to accommodate dual-wielding. But now having the pistol in the game without a bigger clip is just stupid. Might as well remove it from the sandbox being a lolwut 6 shot kill weapon.

It seems a lot of the focus is backwards with regard to what a secondary weapon should be. A secondary weapon should be a cleanup weapon as in the assault rifle. But for some reason our amazing friends at Bungie and now 343 keep trying to emphasize the assault rifle as a primary weapon and the gimpy pistol as the cleanup weapon. It's all nonsense. But keeping in line with my post, people should have the right to use the assault rifle as a primary weapon. But why in Halo's big fat anus does the pistol continue to get shit on? It's a fun weapon. Let us use it as a primary weapon if we want to and stop screwing pistol fans over. SHIT!
I'm fine with it being a secondary weapon, so long as it is reliable. Higher rof, like Reach's, 5sk/6sk MAX, 8-10 rounds, and quick reload.

I'm fine with it being a secondary weapon, so long as it is reliable. Higher rof, like Reach's, 5sk/6sk MAX, 8-10 rounds, and quick reload.
Have the people who have played the game already been able to determine how many extra bullets you might get from using the perk to increase your clip size? I would hate having to waste a perk just to make a weapon more useful, but I might do it anyway. I think I get most annoyed about the small clip size because everyone else get to use their preferred weapon (DMR/BR/AR) without having to worry about clip size issues. 343 could slow down the rate of fire on the pistol just a hair and increase the bullet count. Would that be a fair trade off? But honestly, I think if you can manage to tag 6 shots in a row for a kill, the amount of accuracy required to nail all 6 shots kind of makes up for its potency. So, in my one-track mind, I don't see why having the pistol at least, AT LEAST have the ability to kill two players before reloading, should be an issue. 12 bullet clip size. Or make the pistol a 5sk and leave the clip size at 10 :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
i live in my own delusional world where everyone uses a pistol and corn dogs grow on trees

I liked the look and feel of the ODST pistol, but I think it was under-powered. Getting head shots on grunts is about the only thing it was useful for, as evidenced by the clip...

I liked the look and feel of the ODST pistol, but I think it was under-powered. Getting head shots on grunts is about the only thing it was useful for, as evidenced by the clip...

Oh I agree with you there, the pistol was underpowered, but the feedback and satisfaction from getting that headshot kill...oh man.

That was the point. The ODST Magnum was a headshot machine, and the SMG was your shield stripper. If you wanted an all around beast weapon then go track down a Carbine and make sure to keep it loaded. The weapon balance really made ODST Firefight a ton of fun. In Reach you just grab a DMR and enjoy your unlimited ammo crates. Woopeeee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom