• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo for Vita mentioned in Sony survey

KAL2006

Banned
Source

“You told us earlier how interested you would be in buying the PS Vita version of the latest Gran Turismo game,” the survey reads. “Knowing that you might be able to get a discount on the PS3 version of the game, how interested are you now in the PS Vita version?”

If it has a full career mode this time it would be a great title for the Vita. What are Polyphonic Digital up to now anyway.

Source

“You told us earlier how interested you would be in buying the PS Vita version of the latest Gran Turismo game,” the survey reads. “Knowing that you might be able to get a discount on the PS3 version of the game, how interested are you now in the PS Vita version?”

If it has a full career mode this time it would be a great title for the Vita. What are Polyphonic Digital up to now anyway.

They better be spending ever last second of their time working on Gran Turismo 6 for the PS4 and not wasting their time with a GT5 port for the Vita.

SmokyDave

They better be spending ever last second of their time working on Gran Turismo 6 for the PS4 and not wasting their time with a GT5 port for the Vita.

Bollocks to that, I want more portable GT!

There are plenty of racing sims on console, GT is the only portable racing sim available.

KAL2006

Banned
Sony should get Evolution Studios (MotorStorm team) to help out Polyphonic Digital to pump out both GT Vita and GT6, seems like the team probably needs more manpower. Both Guerilla Games and Naughty Dogg studios have grown into 2 teams, so it's weird that one of Sony's best selling IP's only has 1 team that takes ages to come out with a sequel. Though I really think GT Vita should come first, Vita really needs an exclusive title, also releasing a GT6 for PS4 before GT Vita would, would make GT Vita look terrible as the graphics for GT6 on PS4 would blow peoples minds.

amar212

Classic Gran Turismo game for Vita would never work since you can't drive properly on handheld console for more than few laps.

I would welcome the GT CrossPlay App for Vita where we could get plethora of advanced functionality and benefits from pairing with the *big* GT game.

GTPSP was a game ahead of its time design-wise and despite nobody understood the structure which was perfect for the handheld console, that kind of in-game structure would be the only logical for the handheld, AKA GTVita. So driving part could be solved with the same system of Event Generator as in GTPSP (which would be also be perfect for GT5, still can't understand why don't they just introduce it as some kind of "Cup Racing Events" in the A-Spec mode), but with XP/Cr/Prizes integration with the *big* game through CrossPlay.

But GTVita should really be a accompany to the *big* GT game on normal console where CrossPlay could be used for great amount of possibilities:

- B Spec mode Cross Play
- B Spec mode Online MP (my Bob vs my friends Bobs in the real-time > still can't comprehend the omission of the real-time B-Spec in GT5 online)
- B Spec mode Remote Racing (as it is in GT5)
- Cross Play Car Tuning (Garage)
- Cross Play GT Auto Maintenance & Refresh
- Photo & Replay sharing
- Replay Theatre
- Augumented Reality PhotoMode (to *insert* GT cars into real-life pictures framed with Vita's AU functionality, would be glorious)
- Item Gifting and Trading
- Chat, Messages, E-mail

...and few advanced functionalities:

- Vita as rear-view mirror
- Vita as in-game real-time HUD with touch-screen scrollable information (speed/revs/gear, map with positions of other drivers in race, telemetry and tyre/vehicle monitoring, real-time lap-times and sectors for all players (as in Bspec/Online of GT5)

But having another *normal* GT game just for the sake of having it on console? No, thanx.

I hope Kaz and his team are not involved with a Vita version. They should concentrate on making GT6, they already have a small team as it is.

KAL2006

Banned
Shiny cars on that OLED screen would look amazing. Also we can have a slick user interface with the touch screen for car customization and car viewing. They can also use the AR features to view the cars similar to WipeOut. Perfect for handheld play, choose short race events in career mode when you are out in the go. And when you at home in bed, play a long race event. 3G can be used for checking rankings, racing ghosts, selling/trading/gifting cars. And of course WiFi can be used for full on multiplayer racing.

Bazza

Classic Gran Turismo game for Vita would never work since you can't drive properly on handheld console for more than few laps.

Why do you have deformed hands or something that cause you massive pain if you hold a portable for more than 5 mins at a time?

Iv not had any problems with racers on portables, and a full portable GT game would be awesome.

I would welcome the GT CrossPlay App for Vita where we could get plethora of advanced functionality and benefits from pairing with the *big* GT game.

GTPSP was a game ahead of its time design-wise and despite nobody understood the structure which was perfect for the handheld console, that kind of in-game structure would be the only logical for the handheld, AKA GTVita. So driving part could be solved with the same system of Event Generator as in GTPSP (which would be also be perfect for GT5, still can't understand why don't they just introduce it as some kind of "Cup Racing Events" in the A-Spec mode), but with XP/Cr/Prizes integration with the *big* game through CrossPlay.

But GTVita should really be a accompany to the *big* GT game on normal console where CrossPlay could be used for great amount of possibilities:

- B Spec mode Cross Play
- B Spec mode Online MP (my Bob vs my friends Bobs in the real-time > still can't comprehend the omission of the real-time B-Spec in GT5 online)
- B Spec mode Remote Racing (as it is in GT5)
- Cross Play Car Tuning (Garage)
- Cross Play GT Auto Maintenance & Refresh
- Photo & Replay sharing
- Replay Theatre
- Augumented Reality PhotoMode (to *insert* GT cars into real-life pictures framed with Vita's AU functionality, would be glorious)
- Item Gifting and Trading
- Chat, Messages, E-mail

...and few advanced functionalities:

- Vita as rear-view mirror
- Vita as in-game real-time HUD with touch-screen scrollable information (speed/revs/gear, map with positions of other drivers in race, telemetry and tyre/vehicle monitoring, real-time lap-times and sectors for all players (as in Bspec/Online of GT5)

But having another *normal* GT game just for the sake of having it on console? No, thanx.

They should really release a B-Spec app for 5. I wonder if it could be done.

No, I want to see a timely GT 6 release. GT5 came out so late in the generation and by then it just wasn't as impressive to some. The competition had a lot of time to adapt and the graphics in a lot of instances didn't impress as much. For a later generation PS3 game, it should have looked better or more consistent.

If GT6 could come out by even 2015, that would be great.

GopherD

Why do you have deformed hands or something that cause you massive pain if you hold a portable for more than 5 mins at a time?

Iv not had any problems with racers on portables, and a full portable GT game would be awesome.

Based on amar's previous posts on this, the trouble is that fine adjustments on the handhelds are hard to accomplish. But I'm wondering if with the vita sticks + gyro, this might be easier?

BadWolf

This would move a lot of Vitas and is one thing that Nintendo can't really match so a unique offering.

Hope they have the main team on it.

kerrak

Based on amar's previous posts on this, the trouble is that fine adjustments on the handhelds are hard to accomplish. But I'm wondering if with the vita sticks + gyro, this might be easier?

Vita's gyro is extremely precise and responsive, as seen in a good amount of titles already. Not sure if it could work well though, because how do you hold the vita when you don't want to steer?

Sony should get Evolution Studios (MotorStorm team) to help out Polyphonic Digital to pump out both GT Vita and GT6, seems like the team probably needs more manpower. Both Guerilla Games and Naughty Dogg studios have grown into 2 teams, so it's weird that one of Sony's best selling IP's only has 1 team that takes ages to come out with a sequel. Though I really think GT Vita should come first, Vita really needs an exclusive title, also releasing a GT6 for PS4 before GT Vita would, would make GT Vita look terrible as the graphics for GT6 on PS4 would blow peoples minds.

I would hope Evolution are being given the time to create a really, really big Motorstorm game for next-gen. Preferably one that isn't limited to ground vehicles.

In my wildest dreams, Polyphony will have GT 6, Evolution will have Motorstorm and Studio Liverpool will have the greatest WipeOut game ever ready for PS4 release. I would honest buy the console regardless of price at that point.

But yes, Gran Turismo for Vita will happen because Sony is well aware it'll shift X number of Vita's.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I'd love to see GT on Vita, but as others have mentioned, with a proper career mode. I'd also like to see them drop the random car dealers and car offerings.

KAL2006

Banned
The problem with Sony, is that they always drop their huge IP's too late into a consoles cycle. With 360 MS dropped a ton of exclusives early to get people to buy the console. For example Halo 3 and Forza 2 released on the 360 quite early in it's life. Where as with PS3, we got Gran Turismo 5 and God of War 3 quite late into the consoles life. Gran Turismo PSP came out so late in the PSP's life that the system was already dead by then. Best thing to do is drop them big IP's early or else the consumers will go elsewhere (like they did with DS and 360 over PS3 and PSP). Just look at 3DS, Nintendo dropped Mario Kart, Mario 3D Land, Nintendogs, Zelda OoT quite early with NSMB2 coming out this year as well. Sony are making tons of great PS3 exclusives right now, but I don't think exclusives matter that much late in a consoles life, MS had the right strategy in having exclusives early in a generation instead of later. After all people have decided on their console by now, exclusives are system sellers in the beginning of a consoles life.

I would hope Evolution are being given the time to create a really, really big Motorstorm game for next-gen. Preferably one that isn't limited to ground vehicles.

I said this before, but I would like a MotorStorm Legends for Vita. Similar to Burnout Legends for PSP. Have all the greatest tracks from all 4 MotorStorm games, and put them into one game. It would give the game variety, with muddy tracks from the first MotorStorm, lush environments from Pacific Rift, Icy tracks from Arctic Edge, and Apocalyptic tracks from the last entry. It would also be easier for them to make the game, they can reuse assets, downport the assets from the PS3 games and uport assets from the PSP game.

newsguy

There was video and boxart of psp gt before launch. That game came out as the Vita was dying. I'm not holding my breath for a release this decade.

Drek

Source

I don't know why they just wouldn't do a straight port of GT5 with transferable save files, letting PS+ users share the same file over the cloud as well.

GT5 is around 15 GB on the PS3. If you down sample all the textures to the Vita's maximum resolution, cull some intro videos, etc. I'm sure you could get it down to less than 5GB, letting it fit on a card and be a somewhat viable DD title.

Roll out some Vita specific modes/quick play styles to add on new content, but otherwise roll out the same game and let GT fans play anywhere in their 200 hour quest to do everything.

Forsete

Gold Member
Oh yes please!

Possibly the title I want most on the Vita.
I thought we were going to see it announced at E3. :/

DoubleTap

I can wait. I'm probably one of the few who enjoys GT PSP on my Vita. Having no career mode and just collecting cars is kind of perfect for gaming in short bursts. Perfect for a hand held.

Sintoid

I'll never, never stop to say that
Imagine a GT Portable with cameras and gyroscopes used to simulate head tracking in cockpit view instead of the usual and awful steering function. Imagine cockpits with similar GT5 quality and souch a feature while you play...

Not to mention ghost races grabbed by Motorstorm RC that could work great on Vita or Near integration of Near for social features.

I would really love that kind of things....

pwack

I know it is a different style of racer from GT, but any idea why has Need for Speed Most Wanted Vita has received such limited attention? I will be ecstatic if we get a Criterion Burnout Paradise/Most Wanted mash-up open world racer on the Vita.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
The problem with Sony, is that they always drop their huge IP's too late into a consoles cycle. With 360 MS dropped a ton of exclusives early to get people to buy the console. For example Halo 3 and Forza 2 released on the 360 quite early in it's life. Where as with PS3, we got Gran Turismo 5 and God of War 3 quite late into the consoles life. Gran Turismo PSP came out so late in the PSP's life that the system was already dead by then.

In Sony's defense regarding PS3, they were at least creating new ips. Uncharted was releasing arond the time Halo 3 appeared, and that wound up being a big new franchise for them, which then launched with Vita.
We werent going to see a God of War 3, because God of War 2 had just released on PS2. I mean, if you really look at it, Sony does launch with some of their long running franchises, as Wipeout appeared at bot the Vita and PSP launches, while Twisted Metal and Ape Escape made the PSP launch.

Gra Turismo games for some reason take forever to release, so I would never expect one near the launch of any new piece of hardware. I'd love to know why because Turn 10 cranks out Forzas like nobody's business.

Dead Man

It's this type of bullshit I can't really comprehend... why a new entry of a good game is a problem?

There is only a problem if GT6 is not taking every single resource they have. They can do 3 Vita games after that if they want. But I need a proper, finished, non broken, console GT.

Top Bottom