• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo for Vita mentioned in Sony survey

Gra Turismo games for some reason take forever to release, so I would never expect one near the launch of any new piece of hardware. I'd love to know why because Turn 10 cranks out Forzas like nobody's business.

They take a while because PD builds everything in-house. The online code, cars, tracks physics etc. are all built by around 140 people at PD. No outsourcing at all. Which to some positive and negative results.

wabo

Banned
I don't know why they just wouldn't do a straight port of GT5 with transferable save files, letting PS+ users share the same file over the cloud as well.

GT5 is around 15 GB on the PS3. If you down sample all the textures to the Vita's maximum resolution, cull some intro videos, etc. I'm sure you could get it down to less than 5GB, letting it fit on a card and be a somewhat viable DD title.

Roll out some Vita specific modes/quick play styles to add on new content, but otherwise roll out the same game and let GT fans play anywhere in their 200 hour quest to do everything.

Music takes a big chunk of space, keep stereo tracks and reduce its quality a bit. Eliminate standard cars, reduce the polycount in premium. Do the same with the tracks. Lock photomode to avoid embarrasing close-ups cause of textures.

Then you have it, GT in your pocket. Locked to 30fps, obviously. I would trade off fps for more cars in screen and higher quality assets. 1:1 res, however, to avoid jagginess.

amar212

...Locked to 30fps, obviously. I would trade off fps for more cars in screen and higher quality assets. 1:1 res, however, to avoid jagginess.

Never, ever and not even than.

But thankfully, it is Polyphony were talking about, so its already being taken care of.

Polyphony better not neuter it this time by not including a fully fleshed out SP mode. That was an unbelievable move on PSP - like this gorgeous, high performing racing game with a huge car and track list (more tracks than GT5 I think), and then.... just single races.

WTF

Duffyside

Banned
Blech, sounds like a port of GT5. Not interested, personally.

Though that would lend further proof to my theory that the Vita is not supposed to be a 3DS competitor, but an accessory to the PS3.

l2ounD

I think I still have an online download code for the PSP. If anyone wants GTPSP it send me a pm!

I'd totally buy a vita for this though. There are a couple interesting games out that I'd think ill like but if this came out I'd get one now, forsho.

dc89

If it's a fully featured GT game for the Vita then count me in.

If it's like GT PSP, hell to the no.

Top Bottom