• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.6.22 - Jun. 21, 11PM EDT

MYE

LtNQv.jpg

Iwata

wST3W.png

Shibata

You can google Satoru Shibata

Oh shit boss Iwata is Dark Iwata.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't Nintendo usually save hardware announcements for investor conference or something similar?

You are correct, and there is one next week, I believe.

This is getting interesting. Nintendo news every week!
The upcoming investors meeting should provide some new information, there's always a lengthy Q&A session.

The 72nd Annual General Meeting of Shareholders

Date and Time: Thursday, June 28, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. Japan time
Place: Seventh floor conference room at the Company's head office, located at 11-1 Hokotate-cho, Kamitoba, Minami-ku, Kyoto, Japan
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2012/convocation_notice1206e.pdf

Hear news about ND
Check feelings
Notice numbness
Hype nonexistent

See what your e3 did Nintendo. :(

This of all years really was the one in which such a massive betrayalton would hit the most vital points of the heart, lol... :|
My body will be unable to enter the hype train for quite some time.

wrowa

It's cool that NoE is doing Directs too lately, but is whatever they are going to show really so important that it can't wait a few hours until it's not so damn early? :D

udivision

Hear news about ND
Check feelings
Notice numbness
Hype nonexistent

See what your e3 did Nintendo. :(

what does e3 have to do with ndirect
EDIT: ones hit or miss, the other is pretty consistent in it's offerings. Heck, the e3 nintendo direct was better than the e3 conference.

Slime

Banned
Funny how Nintendo went from being the ones leaving you hanging through lengthy droughts to pretty much the only ones offering constant reminders for why you bought their hardware. This is how you treat your consumers.

Hyped!

Nintendo, "Yes, once the dust from E3 settles we will hold a Nintendo Direct specifically for Retro's new Donkey Kong 3DS game, the Majora's Mask 3DS remake, the Link to the Past remake, and New Super Metroid 3DS."

Sound reasonable? GET HYPED.

sfried

I'll be happy if Nintendo actually gives a formal announcement for FE: Awakening, honestly. That's about where my expectations are.
Japan's division is not obligated to release the announcement. It all falls under the lap of NOA.

I honestly think Reggie and crew should step up their localization game. Pokemon Conquest is one of those oddities that still made it here, but I really wish they bring the "last" Rainfall game (Pandora's Tower) over here and maybe even throw us a bone with Project Zero/Fatal Frame.

NOA also owes us more Project P-100 coverage.

AzaK

what does e3 have to do with ndirect
EDIT: ones hit or miss, the other is pretty consistent in it's offerings. Heck, the e3 nintendo direct was better than the e3 conference.

As I implied, I have become numb to Nintendo information and just cannot get excited about anything they are doing at the moment. Even if they were about to announce a new Zelda 3DS, I think I'd be more excited by my bathtub.

Tookay

Nintendo, "Yes, once the dust from E3 settles we will hold a Nintendo Direct specifically for Retro's new Donkey Kong 3DS game, the Majora's Mask 3DS remake, the Link to the Past remake, and New Super Metroid 3DS."

Sound reasonable? GET HYPED.

I can't. I don't have it in me anymore.

:(

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Speaking of DKC, how's the GBC port? Wouldn't mind getting that on the VC.

The GBC port is okay, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the Land games. Donkey Kong Land is a really underrated gem on the Game Boy in my opinion. I loved those temple levels.

TDLink

So the one on Nintendo of Japan's site is the same one NOA linked to on their facebook page, yes?

All 3 are allegedly different. The Japan one is a hour before the Europe and America ones, which are simultaneous. If it is similar to past events the European one will be a subbed and edited version of the Japanese one to cut out what isn't going to the region. Meanwhile the American one will be a completely different and much shorter video only covering North American announcements. Again, this is assuming it is like past events.

All 3 are allegedly different. The Japan one is a hour before the Europe and America ones, which are simultaneous. If it is similar to past events the European one will be a subbed and edited version of the Japanese one to cut out what isn't going to the region. Meanwhile the American one will be a completely different and much shorter video only covering North American announcements. Again, this is assuming it is like past events.

EU should be different too now with Iwatas twin hosting. But last time it was still closer to the Japanese thing than the US iirc.

Hiltz

It looks like we may be getting more news when Nintendo has its 72nd annual shareholder meeting in Japan next week. It's going to be on Thrusday at 10 A.M. in Japan.

Top Bottom