• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm bombing at retail !!! (Bomba Sale: Theatrhythm £14.95 at Zavvi)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I kept ignoring the GAF thread about this game because the title was so dumb. I still don't know how to pronounce it. Luckily I bought it though, the game is pretty good.

It's a portmanteau of Theatre and rhythm. how is this so hard to pronounce?

Takao

Banned
What's worse? Amazon guy shoving his wares or this guy? Given this guy's posting history isn't just affiliate links I'm going with Amazon guy.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Whats an affiliate link? What happened?

It's a link you give people so when they buy the product you get paid a small commission.

The OP made an inflammatory title and then made his OP about how you should buy the product, and then posted an affiliate link. I feel it was pretty blatant.

Seik

Banned
wait what was the op's link

a bummer, was expecting this to be american

Same. :(

Still salty about region locking.

It's a link you give people so when they buy the product you get paid a small commission.

The OP made an inflammatory title and then made his OP about how you should buy the product, and then posted an affiliate link. I feel it was pretty blatant.

Wow! That's fucking wrong. ¬_¬'

MYE

lol

I didnt even know that was a thing

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Funny thing is I don't think his affiliate link worked. At least for me. Kept saying "We're sorry we are currently experiencing a problem. This will be resolved shortly."

Erdrick

The title in this thread is a little over-dramatic.

I have yet to see the game in an actual store, so perhaps this is why it is not selling as well as some hope? As others have said, it was likely undershipped, so I can see why this happened. The people I know who have played it like it very much, and I have been tempted myself to get it, but as I said, I have yet to see it in-store. I'm also not that interested enough to order it online.

I can always appreciate some classic FF music, so that's one draw upon it for myself.

EDIT: That was quick.

Card Boy

Banned
What's worse? Amazon guy shoving his wares or this guy? Given this guy's posting history isn't just affiliate links I'm going with Amazon guy.

Tony has permission to post on Gaf, why are you making this an issue? Mr. Orange tried shitting on Tony and a mod said he is allowed to post just like any user. His 'advertising' is only for the Amazon & Steam threads.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
What? You want the voucher?

I wanted to sarcastically kick your hesitation!

seriously, game is really good. Paid full price and don't regret it one bit. I don't even care that much about FF. If anyone even remotely likes rhythm games should give this a try, they will find a complete and well refined package^^

MYE

I wanted to sarcastically kick your hesitation!

seriously, game is really good. Paid full price and don't regret it one bit. If anyone even remotely likes rhythm games should give this a try, they will find a complete and well refined package^^

Oh okay lol. My hesitation is more due to the fact that I only really cared for 3 Final Fantasy games in the past; VI, IX and XII.

I wont have fond memories or get most of the references of anything else in there.

Zaventem

It's a portmanteau of Theatre and rhythm. how is this so hard to pronounce?

Well portmanteau's use the blending of two words that give off the sounding in the pronunciation.According to SE public relations staff it's pronounced as Theatre Rhythm, two separate words.This shit makes no sense.

Xavien

Joining the Chorus here saying that the game surprised me, its fantastic.

If you enjoy Final Fantasy music at all, buy it.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

You sure he didnt just copy the link from a deals site which of course have their affiliate links built in?
I see that a lot when people post deals from CAG or Slickdeals.
I personally delete the extra characters but not everyone is smart enough to realize this.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
You sure he didnt just copy the link from a deals site which of course have their affiliate links built in?
I personally delete the extra characters but not everyone is smart enough to realize this.

I googled the affiliate link and no results popped up. Twitter too.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

It's the context of his post that I feel makes it really suspect.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Oh okay lol. My hesitation is more due to the fact that I only really cared for 3 Final Fantasy games in the past; VI, IX and XII.

I wont have fond memories or get most of the references of anything else in there.

I played two FF games, lol, FFVI GBA and the FFIV remake for the DS. I just took it as a rhythm game and loved everything out of it. It's addicting, it sounds great (well of course), graphics are good and there's a ploethora of songs^^

I really only care for VI, VII and IX, but I've put over 65 hours in Theatrhythm. The core gameplay and music selection is strong enough, I think, to carry the experience if you're not the most die-hard fan.

Drago

I preordered at GS a few days before release, just to be safe... no idea how many copies they got.

Not surprising that apparently shipments were low

Ken

Didn't know NA got so few copies? Probably should have picked up a JPN copy instead of Little Battlers.

Zebra

This thread is as good a place as any to ask: are there any U.S. sales for this game??

Is it worth $40?

This thread is as good a place as any to ask: are there any U.S. sales for this game??

Is it worth $40?

I'd say it hangs on how much you enjoy FF music. I'm not much of a FF game player, but the music was good enough for me to go into it.

There is a bit more depth and replayability to it, even if it takes a bit to get to unlocking new songs. The DLC is deadly in a good way, too.

It's a very solid music game with a FF twist. It was worth the money for me. And it's a low-shipment release, so it might be harder to find in the future.

Zebra

It's really good, but not worth $40. I got pretty bored of it after a few days.

$30 is probably it's sweet spot.

I'd say it hangs on how much you enjoy FF music. I'm not much of a FF game player, but the music was good enough for me to go into it.

There is a bit more depth and replayability to it, even if it takes a bit to get to unlocking new songs. The DLC is deadly in a good way, too.

It's a very solid music game with a FF twist. It was worth the money for me. And it's a low-shipment release, so it might be harder to find in the future.

Thanks for the input! It sounds like something that I'll wait for a $30 tag on. If that never happens then I suppose it just wasn't meant to be.

IrishNinja

Bombing = game on deep discount = affordable for everyone

You do like affordable games, right?

i love bombas, but its also sad to see a quality game not do well - like, i'd be happy for people to get RE:R for $20 but still kinda sad that it was sending a message to not make games like that on dedicated handhelds too.

you can simultaneously feel both of these things - i want more people playing theaterhythm cause i think its awesome, but i hope it doesnt horribly bomb either.

Top Bottom