• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Gamescom Live Conference thread

Benedict

One of the best news: Your PS Plus cloud storage limit has been raised to 1GB.

Also liking:
Rockstar’s peerless Western epic Red Dead Redemption joins the Instant Game Collection line-up next month.
Lunatic Sega platformer Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit will be October’s Game of the Month.

Edit: wonder if Vita saves will be included in the cloud storage?

Could somebody please find out?

patsu

UNTIL DAWN

20704ScreenShot_2012_07_30_1558-copy.jpg

20705ScreenShot_2012_07_30_1620-copy.jpg

20706ScreenShot_2012_08_03_1143-copy.jpg

20707ScreenShot_2012_08_03_1148-copy.jpg

20708ScreenShot_2012_08_03_1200-copy.jpg

20709ScreenShot_2012_08_03_1410-copy.jpg

via http://jpgames.de/2012/08/gamescom-2012-sony-enthullt-until-dawn/

Yap, love the atmosphere in the trailer. Hope to play it with my kid.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Hm. You know, it didn't hit me until now that Sony's dev studio people seem pretty young, lol. Discussion about the arts and video games kind of made me realize that.

Someone ask Yoshida a question. :p

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
This Q&A panel is kinda interesting so far.

Art vs Craft with regards to games is a good discussion. And they're getting Yoshida to talk about it.

patsu

I could only watch a small part of the conference during lunch, what were the four titles? I only saw Tearaway and I'm assuming Killzone was one of the new announcements?

New IPs without guns ? Tearaway (Vita), Puppeteer, Rain and 2 new Wonderbook titles (plus more coming from Disney).

New IP with violence... Until Dawn (Move)

New games with violence... KZ (Vita), CoD (Vita)

Perkel

Banned
I don't believe, Gamescom Sony PC is better than all 3 main conf of msn @ e3.

Personally i love new MM game. I mean it looks fantastic. But i also fear that it may end as Vita features game. For now it's best game of the show.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I love this photorealism vs stylization discussion going on right now.

"there's this RPG company in Japan and all they do is put reflections in eyes". lol.

nny

So a lot of the Sony music guys ended up making the games? Did I hear that right? If so that is interesting.

from what I understood, when the PlayStation division was created, some managers came from the music division, and brought with them practices common in that business, namely, to give room to the artists to do their thing.

darkwing

from what I understood, when the PlayStation division was created, some managers came from the music division, and brought with them practices common in that business, namely, to give room to the artists to do their thing.

hence the awesome game development atmosphere, some executive 'adopted' some developer/designer lol

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Killzone: why are they shoving shitty touch controls into the game? You have two sticks, which no handheld has ever had before. That's all you need to make a good shooter. Don't waste your time and energy on those controls, they feel half-hearted and pointless and nobody wants them.

I'm a bit bitter because I worked on Uncharted: GA and they forced us to put in the touch controls. Nobody at the studio wanted them, and it wasted lots of valuable engineering and dev time, not to mention a bunch of shitty meetings revolving around what the features will be. Two sticks. Works good. Focus on two sticks. Better metacritic score. Ain't rocket science.

Top Bottom