• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Gamescom Live Conference thread

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Killzone: why are they shoving shitty touch controls into the game? You have two sticks, which no handheld has ever had before. That's all you need to make a good shooter. Don't waste your time and energy on those controls, they feel half-hearted and pointless and nobody wants them.

I'm a bit bitter because I worked on Uncharted: GA and they forced us to put in the touch controls. Nobody at the studio wanted them, and it wasted lots of valuable engineering and dev time, not to mention a bunch of shitty meetings revolving around what the features will be. Two sticks. Works good. Focus on two sticks. Better metacritic score. Ain't rocket science.

Well, I have to say that I liked some of the touch features, so it was not all wasted efforts on your team's part. Although not as satisfying as the gyros assisted aim (which rocks), I liked touch screen based melee and the various puzzles.
The two "boss encounters" with touchscreen based melee fight were enjoyable and maybe counters requiring certain touchscreen actions do make melee a bit more engaging than simply timing presses of the Square button (Uncharted 2 IIRC).

I did not use the touch screen to select the path often, but sometimes it saved some time and effort on my part hehe. Did that take the bulk of your effort (more than the gestures matching required for melee)?

Afrikan

Anyone notice when during the presentation of upcoming PS3 titles for the year...while there were PS3 titles represented of various 3rd Party games..for the "Call of Duty" one, they used the Vita Box art.

is Sony not allowed to mention or show Call of Duty Console version during presentations? Does the exclusive deal with Microsoft run that deep?

I mean with the next update. the question is, are the same games PS3-PSP compatible or Vita ported versions?
If you buy a PS1 game off PSN, it will work on PS3, PSP and Vita... once Vita gets the firmware update. But Vita is not going to have the whole list of PS1 titles available immediately. I don't think this is an emulator problem... more a licensing thing. So they will just 'enable' them on the store to be downloaded to Vita when the licenses are sorted out.

Amirite?

Anyone notice when during the presentation of upcoming PS3 titles for the year...while there were PS3 titles represented of various 3rd Party games..for the "Call of Duty" one, they used the Vita Box art.

is Sony not allowed to mention or show Call of Duty Console version during presentations? Does the exclusive deal with Microsoft run that deep?
Or someone just mixed up the games. I don't think we should really look that much into it. It's a simple mistake, nothing more.

And once again, no mention of Warrior's Lair... Its fate seems definitely sealed: silently canned. Too bad, this game had a lot of potential... :eek:/

V_Ben

Banned
Or someone just mixed up the games. I don't think we should really look that much into it. It's a simple mistake, nothing more.

And once again, no mention of Warrior's Lair... Its fate seems definitely sealed: silently canned. Too bad, this game had a lot of potential... :eek:/

Its still in development, but the game has been moved to Sony San Diego. I'm guessing that its going through a severe overhaul. Definitely a 2013 game now though I think.

I think sony has so much stuff they simply can't profit on all of it. Everyone seems to be hitting their stride with something amazing
I was suprised to see all this stuff at GC actually

Top Bottom