• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | August 13-19

kirblar

With the information MarkMan was posting in this thread about Revelations, I didn't understand why it wasn't being put on blast in public fashion by someone in a position to do so.

USD said:
2nd TOPANGA League (A) Day 2 Results

ROUND 2 – August 18 (Sat)

Bon-chan (Sagat) vs. YHC-Mochi (Dhalsim) – 0-3 ●●●
Haitani (Makoto) vs. Eita (Akuma) – 3-2 ●○●○○
sako (Ibuki) vs. Fuudo (Fei Long) - 2-3 ○○●●●
Kyabetsu (C.Viper) vs. YHC-Mochi (Dhalsim) - 1-3 ●●○●
Uryo(Sakura) vs. Bon-chan (Sagat) - 3-1 ●○○○
sako (Ibuki) vs. Kyabetsu (C.Viper) - 3-2 ●○○●○
Mago (Fei Long) vs. YHC-Mochi (Dhalsim) - 0-3 ●●●
Uryo (Sakura) vs. Haitani (Makoto) - 2-3 ●○○●●
sako (Ibuki) vs. Bon-chan (Sagat) - 3-2 ●○○●○
Mago (Fei Long) vs. Fuudo (Fei Long) - 1-3 ●●○●
Umehara (Ryu) vs. Haitani (Makoto) – 3-1 ○○●○
Thanks USD

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't think it's actually canceled, the players just decided not to play because the pot was not what was promised.
Seems like that too.

But won't they lose their entrance fee anyways for not participating?

I mean, shit, I'd stick around just to get casuals in with other good players on whatever set ups there are, but maybe it's not worth it if they're still paying for hotels, etc.

So you guys think SF4 and Marvel will also get there pots significantly reduced? Both games were promised 10k each, that's looking kind of far fetched now with all the bad news today.

Busaiku

Persona 4 Arena had a small pot in the first place, so people are still playing that.
But it looks like Xie and some others didn't show up, and they were actually supporting even through WNF this week.

Seems like that too.

But won't they lose their entrance fee anyways for not participating?

I mean, shit, I'd stick around just to get casuals in with other good players on whatever set ups there are, but maybe it's not worth it if they're still paying for hotels, etc.
My friend tweeted that they have about one casual set up. D:

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't mean to be rude, but this isn't a soap opera. Players are being conned here.

It's not rude to chew out people that love drama shit like this. But well that's what most of FGC GAF loves haha gives everyone stuff to talk about. Of course no one APPROVES of it happening. Well... I hope not.

xCobalt

Not sure if anyone saw the post I made on the previous page.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php...hori.167166/
Some more info about the person who runs Revelation. Someone also posted this in there:
so Haz (guy running the stream) just got on and said kof players demanded the prize pot be handed to a 3rd party before they'd play in the tournament. tournament organisers said they didnt have the cash (could quite easily be true) so kof players went home. good on those guys for sticking to their guns

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah Haz just got on the Hazmat stream and said that he saw (with his own eyes!) that the KoF community banded together and said put the pot in (some KoF player they all trusted)'s hand and we'll all play. The TO didn't, so they decided not to play and everyone went home. I guess that's what The Answer meant by that it was the community's decision.

Haz also noted the TO doesn't pay in cash, and that's standard. And that there is a bunch of paperwork and stuff being the reason he doesn't.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
This is fucking great. I played 2 before 1(my first NES games were mario/duck hunt, zelda 2 and metal gear) and never understood the hate it got.

2 is the best zelda game, soley for the fact it takes fucking effort to play it. I would kill for a Hybrid of zelda 2 and ALttP. I guess Ys is the closest you can get to that though. Sadly it's not the same :( *goes off to play darksiders 2 some more* :lol

Vice

AE is going to be under 100 players. Some local players were going to go. Out of about 10 only 1 actually went.

gutabo

2 is the best zelda game, soley for the fact it takes fucking effort to play it. I would kill for a Hybrid of zelda 2 and ALttP. I guess Ys is the closest you can get to that though. Sadly it's not the same :( *goes off to play darksiders 2 some more* :lol

I didn't get the hate the water temple got either(it's more confusing than hard), Zelda 2's death mountain does honor its name and it makes water temple look like a walk in the park.

Top Bottom