• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Tawpgun

Halo hasn't sunk as low as offering exclusive weapons yet though...

But the timed exclusive armor mods is heading in that direction.

Woorloog

Banned
As much as I would like to have access to everything, I think it's fine if the LE and console armor stays exclusive. It's really only the retail specific preorder bonuses that bother me, though luckily those are only skins and not full armor sets.

I don't mind LE exclusive armor. What i do mind is the LE console having a different exclusive than the limited edition SKU.
Not that i particularly care for FOTUS, unicorns are not my style.

https://twitter.com/bsangel/status/233750130044592128

bs angel confirmed it to me on Twitter that it will get support after.

yea not really surprised.

i just hope they get rid of most of the playlists (swat/snipers/grifball/living dead/super slayer)

It would be nice to just implement a global TU update and have Team Slayer, Rumble Pit, Objective (4v4), BTB, and Double Team. Keep invasion non TU, and keep Score Attack and Firefight, and the 2 anniversary playlists.

edit: bring back squad slayer too.

Wait, are you saying Reach will have better MM support after Halo 4 launches?
My thoughts is they'll see how well MM is doing in Halo 4, create a similar "Forge" map and gametype to add into Reachs playlists to appeal the population that still remains. Which sounds good to me if this maybe possible or they'll create something different instead.

FyreWulff

I'll believe it when I sees it, but at least the Cartographers potentially have one more update at minimum to get some wanted map updates in for Reach.

If 343 pulls off the first post-launch update of the previous Halo game in history then I will be duly impressed.

Remove Team Mythic, 7 on 7, some Double EXP would be sweet as a weekend playlist.

Ranked
Lone Wolves
Team Slayer

Social
Social Slayer (5v5, no DLC req’d, but Legendary and Mythic heavily weighted)
Big Team Battle (8v8, All DLC required)
Multi Team (2v2v2v2, All DLC required)

7 on the 7th
Mythic Grab Bag (6v6, Social Skirmish + Actionsack + Team Mythic + Team SWAT + Team Control + Team Flag) (All DLC Required, DLC maps only)

Gunnerdude

Neo Member
I read all your posts in Sean Connery's voice, and that last part sounded hilarious.

I chuckled :) Going to have to do this more often!

Edit:

Just a little bit of Gaming Humor I found while helping a friend study for his exam

A02H0meCcAAWVzp.jpg:large

Woorloog

Banned
Just turn every "s" into a hard "sh", add well-to-do scottish accent, and think of his heavy browed facial expressions and you're there!

Doesn't help any. I seriously cannot remember his voice (or facial expressions) at all.
I'm not good at remembering people...
Except Elzar, "well well well" and "ee em pee" (i still think EMP should be pronounced as "emp", loved that joke in Red Vs Blue)

nillapuddin

Haha! I know. I've watched the whole series a few times even before then. Some strange optical disc collection I have...

And thanks, I'm doing my best :)

when I was home last year my mom and I were looking in the attic and found a big case of VHS tapes, needless to say we watched every tape of Beast Wars lol

21 years old:
Mid-Mid-Life crisis

Future of Halo Reach MP said:
will be updated and improved from current state.

That would be nice, not sure how from a playlist standpoint that can happen unless they add back things that have been taken out, which in that case... (obvious point is obvious)

Louis Wu

Only when you're dead? What is this, Halo 3? It's all about the assassinations, son. There's nothing better that watching the FOTUScorn driving that spike up someone else's space diaper, oh yeah...
480px-Lisa_M._Nowak.jpg

Sorry - whenever anyone says 'space' and 'diaper' I think of her. :(

I can't believe people are actually upset about ARMOR being a console exclusive.

Let's take a step back and analyze this - one company listened to pages and pages and threads and threads of complaints asking for preorder bonuses not to affect gameplay. What? They did it and only made it aesthetic? If having the FOTUS armor is really that big of a deal...shell out the money! Here's your opportunity to grab a $400 virtual costume, and you know what, it's all yours!

On the other hand, the other company is making a beloved map from a previous game with a fancy new hairdo and a fresh coat of lipstick and have attached it to preorder bonus which will affect gameplay from day 1. Didn't preorder Blops2 because you were unsure? Sorry! You get to pay extra money whenever it launches to play with the huge fanbase that did.

But that's a real argument. Not having maps because you didn't preorder is a legitimate thing to bitch and moan about; getting your panties in a wad because you don't have a piece of $400 armor is literally and axiomatically pathetic.

(and responding to you directly, asking for it to be a timed exclusive is a slap in the face to those who DID purchase the console and got the armor...and a little bit selfish)

I do not think it is selfish saying that you are nt happy the way armor is being locked out into so many different SKUs.

So far we have Armor that is exclusive to:
LE game (Recruit)
LE Console (Fotus)
War Games Map Pack (Scanner and something else..)

And skins that are exclusive to numerous different retailers.

Its not rewarding thier fans, its punishing them and frustrating them. Want the game at midnight but also like the Web skin? Too bad. Already own a 360 and are planning to get the LE game but really like the FOTUS armor? Too bad. Dropping 400 dollars on the LE console but really like the Recruit armor? Too bad. Just because it could be worse doesn't make the situation great, or fair on fans.

The LE Console should really share the same digital content as the LE game (as in armor, skin, emblem) rather than separating the two and making the fans feel like they are being played. I agree, LE stuff usually should stay exclusive for those who bought the LE, but when they have so many different bundles and options it no longer feels like a reward, but rather just money grabbing. Also, the Digital Content is not why people are buying the console, it is for the LE 360, controllers and game.

Ultimately, I feel the majority of the fans who do care about armor, or just like a certain set more than others are just not being catered to. The LE (console and game) should really just come with all the exclusive armor and skins, and then have other ways for fans who couldn't get either edition to unlock it. I don't find this to be selfish, I certainly wouldn't complain if the Recruit armor is handed out or unlockable in future, not will I be upset if the Camo armor skin is handed out. I just feel locking out content, gameplay enhancing or not, is not fair on fans.

Gunnerdude

Neo Member
If that was one of my first few questions on my CompTIA A+ test I would have failed out of shear distraction of hilarity.

Yea they didn't have that one when I took it in 2009, question is still the same but no laughter :(

Edit: This just in, Twitter wants Ellis to advertise about himself to help spread the word about himself on twitter.... confused. In other news, no Halo 4 news, Paul Harvey.... good day! (lets see who is old in here....)

Crucio

So i recently watched the latest halo 4 video/trailer. I think its great to see bits and pieces of artwork from the game and to see the 343 staff working around the clock to make this game happen. I love the new approach that 343 is taking with the media side of things.

Sorry - whenever anyone says 'space' and 'diaper' I think of her. :(
I hope she was able to find work for a spy agency that specializes in long-distance driving.

Yea they didn't have that one when I took it in 2009, question is still the same but no laughter :(

Edit: This just in, Twitter wants Ellis to advertise about himself to help spread the word about himself on twitter.... confused. In other news, no Halo 4 news, Paul Harvey.... good day! (lets see who is old in here....)
I'm old enough to have listened to Paul Harvey. Not really sure how to feel about that.

it is horseshit. Reach mm support will be improved after launch not eliminated. If that guy is real, he's an idiot. but I suspect troll.

It will be updated and improved from current state. Obviously 4 will be main focus, but the whole thing is BS. Either outright fake or an erroneous assclown.

Great! Thank you!

Any chance of a playlist rework or a new playlist tailored towards achievements? MP achievements are kind of weird as it is an "achievement" itself just to get into the required map/gametype combo in MP.

I understand that things like "Stop the flag carrier on a Defiant map" are intended to populate the DLC playlists, make people want to buy the map pack for the achievements, and give hardcore players something to strive for but I feel the execution is off. Perhaps something like play 10 matches on Anchor 9 would be be more effective and would eliminate boosting, griefing, etc on new maps. I remember many people betraying and the like to grab a certain weapon or vehicle in an attempt to get certain achievements in Halo 3 and Reach.

FyreWulff

Also anyone going to PAX, here's my number (quote to see)

i can check the texts for that from a web interface, which is Good Enough(tm) for PAX. State your username because otherwise google voice doesn't identify you.

and yes, i picked that one out. 0117, 0777, and 2401 were all already taken. People were on that quick.

Computron

Also anyone going to PAX, here's my number (quote to see)

i can check the texts for that from a web interface, which is Good Enough(tm) for PAX. State your username because otherwise google voice doesn't identify you.

and yes, i picked that one out. 0117, 0777, and 2401 were all already taken.

I got a number with 321 and then my name.

Google voice is the shit.

Also, you can get it to forward texts to your actual number, email or just use their app from the Play or Apple store.

Wonders of a big population.
There are at least a handful of playlists in COD games that have <1000 people, and you still always get DLC. The DLC implementation works in COD because for whatever reason, people buy the DLC, and they don't in Halo.

*The reason is that they are guaranteed to see DLC in MM instead of Halo's "if a lot of people get the DLC, you should see DLC, sometimes, maybe".

I hope she was able to find work for a spy agency that specializes in long-distance driving.

I'm old enough to have listened to Paul Harvey. Not really sure how to feel about that.

I've listened to Paul Harvey as well and I'm only 24. I'm pretty sure that isn't in the "old" category. lol...

Gunnerdude

Neo Member
I've listened to Paul Harvey as well and I'm only 24. I'm pretty sure that isn't in the "old" category. lol...

Hey, having a kid and working two jobs when I used to play Xbox 12 hours a day... makes you feel old real quick, time starts to get distorted, and even things that ended in the last 5 years feel like they was ages ago...

Imagine how Wu feels! ;)

Aggrotek

I have made the decision to sell Halo Reach. I rarely play it anymore, and I don't want it spoiling my feel of Halo before H4. I will still have Halo 3 if anyone wants to play.

Off to play more Darksiders 2 until Borderlands 2 finds it's way into my heart. <3

Hey, having a kid and working two jobs when I used to play Xbox 12 hours a day... makes you feel old real quick, time starts to get distorted, and even things that ended in the last 5 years feel like they was ages ago...

Imagine how Wu feels! ;)

Rofl, I've got a kid and I'm going to community college... yeah I guess I can feel some of that age creeping in. I miss the days of sinking time into the xbox. Waiting for Halo 4 to come out to see how much that changes my daily allotted gaming time with the wfe.

Maybe I should be a little more clear: I listened to Paul Harvey at my grandparents house when I was a kid in the late 70's/early 80's, which was still probably before a lot of people here were born (hi Tunavi).

Tawpgun

There are at least a handful of playlists in COD games that have <1000 people, and you still always get DLC. The DLC implementation works in COD because for whatever reason, people buy the DLC, and they don't in Halo.

*The reason is that they are guaranteed to see DLC in MM instead of Halo's "if a lot of people get the DLC, you should see DLC, sometimes, maybe".

Then it's because of really lax, or none at all, truskill matching.

senador

Banned

How does voting work in recent COD games? Could that effect the outcome?

Maybe it pairs by DLC first instead of other factors so it basically splits the searching base right from the start.

Also, what Tawpgun said. Doesn't COD not care much about skill level when matchmaking?

I have made the decision to sell Halo Reach. I rarely play it anymore, and I don't want it spoiling my feel of Halo before H4. I will still have Halo 3 if anyone wants to play.

Off to play more Darksiders 2 until Borderlands 2 finds it's way into my heart. <3

What is the point of that? You won't get much. Do you not want to play the campaign again at some point? Seems weird and pointless to me.

Darksiders 2 is awesome. I'm really enjoying it. I love the awesome colors and huge environments.

Maybe I should be a little more clear: I listened to Paul Harvey at my grandparents house when I was a kid in the late 70's/early 80's, which was still probably before a lot of people here were born (hi Tunavi).

In 27 and still wasn't born yet. :p

Top Bottom