• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

A friend saw this on THC twitter. lol
JuUVf.jpg

Old.

Aggrotek

What is the point of that? You won't get much. Do you not want to play the campaign again at some point? Seems weird and pointless to me.

Darksiders 2 is awesome. I'm really enjoying it. I love the awesome colors and huge environments.

I live close to this consignment book shop that sells dvd's for dirt cheap. I'll get more money for Reach there than anywhere else and I can use the credit to fuel my DVD addiction. Win win for me. I really am not enjoying it anymore.

Reach mm support will be improved after launch not eliminated.

It will be updated and improved from current state. Obviously 4 will be main focus, but the whole thing is BS. Either outright fake or an erroneous assclown.

I appreciate the effort considering no Halo game has received updates after a sequel launch but it seems a wasted effort after Halo 4 launches... Who is really going to be fussed about the playlists immediately after H4?

I'm just salty after a host of my favourite playlists were retired whilst what I perceive to be less than stellar lists remain. I'd love to see:

Super Slayer retired
Squad Slayer reinstated in its place
Squad DLC brought back with TU settings
Objective pared back to 4v4 with a strong focus on flag and all fringe gametypes removed.
Make BTB DLC required so I can actually get a game of Highlands/Headlong etc in an 8v8 setting

This would personally be ideal for me from here till H4 launch. Most of the Reach playlists as they stand are pretty insipid. Then again I've always felt like 4v4 slayer with the five Armour Abilities available never ever really worked in Reach TU, ZB or not.

willow ve

Super Slayer retired
Squad Slayer reinstated in its place
Squad DLC brought back with TU settings
Objective pared back to 4v4 with a strong focus on flag and all fringe gametypes removed.
Make BTB DLC required so I can actually get a game of Highlands/Headlong etc in an 8v8 setting

This would personally be ideal for me from here till H4 launch. Most of the Reach playlists as they stand are pretty insipid. Then again I've always felt like 4v4 slayer with the five Armour Abilities available never ever really worked in Reach TU, ZB or not.

After 4 is out they should go ahead and apply the Title Update to the, well, entire Title. All playlists should be TU (or ZB if that's what a community like MLG has decided).

MrDaravon

Probably super old, but I'm playing Reach for the first time in about 10 months; they STILL haven't fixed the day one broken hiding spots in the Infection maps?

feel

Love the tiny chief. Those levels of badassery and adorableness combined in a single thing shouldn't be possible.

FyreWulff

Probably super old, but I'm playing Reach for the first time in about 10 months; they STILL haven't fixed the day one broken hiding spots in the Infection maps?

There's the fixed up and balanced community Infection variants of all the maps, but 343 left the old broken-for-infection vanilla base map variants in as well. I dunno, ask them why they did that.

Of course since the old vanilla versions are extremely exploitable for k/d, good luck getting one of the fixed versions voted in.

Can you shoot any grenades? Whether in the air or in the player's hand? Cause that literally never happens on purpose, and always feels like BS. Also, do grenades do damage when they direct hit people? That was dumb too

u4iX

Define dormant nades.

In Halo: Reach, if there are grenades that spawn on the map or grenades that enemies have dropped, you can shoot them with a precision weapon like the DMR or Pistol to cause them to explode.

It makes for good traps if an enemy you killed dropped a power weapon and you suspect he will return for it.

I think it'd make fighting over ordnance drops more interesting and wondered if it was still a feature in the game.

MrDaravon

There's the fixed up and balanced community Infection variants of all the maps, but 343 left the old broken-for-infection vanilla base map variants in as well. I dunno, ask them why they did that.

Of course since the old vanilla versions are extremely exploitable for k/d, good luck getting one of the fixed versions voted in.

Are the new ones in the Infection playlist? I haven't played in forever so I don't know what's up with the playlists. I'm half heartedly just looking at getting some of the achievements from the last batch, but all of the guides refer you to playing playlists that appear to no longer exist.

raindoc

Nah, this is from internal email about how mini-Chief could take mini-Vader. :)

he'd kick his a55, i'm sure.

anyway, i'm not getting tired of this: regarding the dubbed, international version and english audio. i understand that the original audio won't be included on the disc - however: bioware provided a free DLC for ME3 on day 1, so users from other countries wouldn't have to deal with "less-than-perfect" (i'm being VERY polite now, regarding past Halo games) voice actors and translations.
will you provide this too?
it is a big deal to a lot of customers from around the globe. dubbed versions usually suck, but your marketing department is doing such a great job that i (and others) can't stand the thought of waiting just 2 days longer for an import-version to arrive.
so for preorder's sake: could 343I please release a statement regarding this issue?

FyreWulff

Are the new ones in the Infection playlist? I haven't played in forever so I don't know what's up with the playlists. I'm half heartedly just looking at getting some of the achievements from the last batch, but all of the guides refer you to playing playlists that appear to no longer exist.

Yes.

Spooky Base
Powerless
Deadwalk
Bedlam
Uncongealed
Parasitic
Deep Scream 9
Downlinked
Count d’Houen

some of the map names you should be looking for

I remember the days, not too long ago, when I lived and breathed Star Wars. Oh how things have changed.

Time to start over. This is too small, even for me. Maybe I'll finish it and do a Child's Play auction at some point.
lLI7f.jpg

Top Bottom