• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMink

So i spoke to my source again.

First thing he said was a clarification.

Lightning De-confirmed.

As a matter of fact, no Square Enix reps at all. None. The only thing SE is an item apparently. Which boils my blood haha.

Additionally, all the characters we already know about (including the leaked) is the full roster that comes with the game. (im hoping this is ends up being untrue)

However. I happen to know two DLC characters.
The only bummer for you (not to go all paul gale on you guys haha) is that he said that they are "super secret" and doesnt want them leaked.

The first one was already half leaked already so that was/will be no surprise.

But i will say that as for the second, you guys are going to freak the hell out.

Seriously awesome.

And not like paul gale saying we are going to freak out over an announcement and it ends up being dante/ everything we already know, but actually awesome.

Still not crash haha.

KalBalboa

Banned

But i will say that as for the second, you guys are going to freak the hell out.

Seriously awesome.

And not like paul gale saying we are going to freak out over an announcement and it ends up being dante/ everything we already know, but actually awesome.

Still not crash haha.

Can we get any hints? First party, third party? PSone era?

KevinCow

Banned
There are three characters who would make us freak out.

1) Cloud
2) Crash
3) Jen Tate

And if you're saying 1 and 2 are no go, then...

it was hard enough to get any FF shit in LBP. look how long the costumes took to arrive? lol. i wouldn't even care at this point if there was any inclusion of Square char in this game.

SykoTech

That last DLC character better be Kat.

No Crash
No Spyro
No Snake
No Square Enix rep
Square Enix anything is just a item.

Good Job Superbot.

As disappointing as what TheMink said is, you can't blame SuperBot over 3rd party characters Sony doesn't own. At least without knowing the full story.

btkadams

Lightning De-confirmed.

As a matter of fact, no Square Enix reps at all. None. The only thing SE is an item apparently. Which boils my blood haha.

Additionally, all the characters we already know about (including the leaked) is the full roster that comes with the game. (im hoping this is ends up being untrue)

The only bummer for you (not to go all paul gale on you guys haha) is that he said that they are "super secret" and doesnt want them leaked.

Seriously awesome.

Still not crash haha.

ok, well, obviously the one dlc character that has already half-leaked was kat.

.la1n

No Square-Enix representation (character wise?) Wow, just...wow. I'm not one to take the typical fan boy route of damning something based on just a character inclusion but yeah, hype very deflated at this point. If they wanted something akin to Smash Bros it should have been more true classic PS character representation and less "hey what do we need to market right now that has a game coming out?"

Ryce

I'm sorry if I'm wrong about you, Mink, but I really think you're just trolling us all at this point.

You tell us that Evil Cole's going to be in the game, which wasn't farfetched at all given the official site's profile of Cole -- in fact, you weren't the only one who said that -- and then out of the blue you have a "source"? Lightning's in and then she isn't… a Musashi costume (lol what) is in and then it isn't… and now you're trying to tell us that SuperBot went through the trouble of negotiating with Square Enix to include… an item?!

So, you either have the worst source in the world or you're just having some fun at our expense. I really hope I'm wrong, because you seem like a good guy, but this sequence of events screams Fake Leaker 101. I've seen it all before.

Shahed

Half leaked character?

So Snake is the first DLC member of the roster?

EDIT: First Party?

Well the only two characters that were maybe half leaked were Kat and Yorda

kai3345

Banned

Lightning De-confirmed.

Seriously awesome.

Still not crash haha.

I call bullshit

Who the hell is themink's source?? Why so secretive?? I don't believe this guy at all now because I just find it weird you have a source that's so secret.

Man if this is true my hype for the game is crushed. I'm already disappointed in the music and now to hear that the main PS iconic characters may not even be in?? Pfft.

TheMink

I'm sorry if I'm wrong about you, Mink, but I really think you're just trolling us all at this point.

You tell us that Evil Cole's going to be in the game, which wasn't farfetched at all given the official site's profile of Cole -- in fact, you weren't the only one who said that -- and then out of the blue you have a "source"? Lightning's in and then she isn't… a Musashi costume (lol what) is in and then it isn't… and now you're trying to tell us that SuperBot went through the trouble of negotiating with Square Enix to include… an item?!

So, you either have the worst source in the world or you're just having some fun at our expense. I really hope I'm wrong, because you seem like a good guy, but this sequence of events screams Fake Leaker 101. I've seen it all before.

I understand your apathy.
Think what you will, but im as true as they come.

Me being told lightning was just a mistake. I was told lightning at the same time as all the other characters that ended up being leaked.

I promise im not trolling. Whether or not IM being trolled is a different question...

btkadams

ok this one makes the most sense for me.

still, put me in the group that is somewhat skeptical of what themink is saying. how could there possibly be no square-enix character, but a square-enix item? that seems absolutely ridiculous. i could totally see there being no square presence in the game, but an item and no character just seems too bizarre.

TheMink

ok this one makes the most sense for me.

still, put me in the group that is somewhat skeptical of what themink is saying. how could there possibly be no square-enix character, but a square-enix item? that seems absolutely ridiculous. i could totally see there being no square presence in the game, but an item and no character just seems too bizarre.

It is weird. Im not particularly happy about it...

What I don't get is why would "DLC" characters be something we freak out about??

CRASH should be on the fucking disc day one, to hell with DLC important character. That's like DLC for Link in Smash Bros.

No Square-Enix representation (character wise?) Wow, just...wow. I'm not one to take the typical fan boy route of damning something based on just a character inclusion but yeah, hype very deflated at this point. If they wanted something akin to Smash Bros it should have been more true classic PS character representation and less "hey what do we need to market right now that has a game coming out?"

As much as I want a FF character you do know they have to go through Square right? Just because a game was on Playstation doesnt mean they can just use any character at will.

.la1n

Man, Evil Cole most be the stupidest fucking thing to include seriously.

If only that were true but some of the other questionable line up begs to differ.

As much as I want a FF character you do know they have to go through Square right? Just because a game was on Playstation doesnt mean they can just use any character at will.

Yes I know how these things work, I also know that given how generous Square has been at farming out it's characters to other games I see no reason they wouldn't want at least Lightning represented in game if for no other reason than to promote the upcoming XIII-3.

Mr. Fix

Lightning De-confirmed.

Seriously awesome.

Still not crash haha.

Well that sucks.

First party

Not psone era.

Seriously lame. Wander's the only one who could hype it up for me.

SykoTech

If one character has been half leaked, then I don't see why your source's being so secretive about who it is.

Anyway, "half leaked characters" that could potentially be one of the DLC characters:

Ryu (unconfirmed website leak)
Kat (fuzzy pic, GAF speculation)
Yorda (development pic)
Snake (twitter leak)

Anyone else?

Mr. Fix

If one character has been half leaked, then I don't see why your source's being so secretive about who it is.

Anyway, "half leaked characters" that could potentially be one of the DLC characters:

Ryu (unconfirmed website leak)
Kat (fuzzy pic, GAF speculation)
Yorda (development pic)
Snake (twitter leak)

Anyone else?

Yeah, I just wanna know who the half-leaked character is. And Mink, did your source give any info on when these 2 were planned for release, or if they're even halfway through completion?

The only thing I find strange is that we have been told consistently over 20 characters it's even mentioned in the bullet points on retailer listings, now Mink is saying the leaked list is the final roster, which is exactly 20 characters. Something doesn't add up here.

Mr. Fix

How come Konami didn't let them have Snake? It's like a mockery in not including him in the game.

I want him as DLC damnit!

I'm still baffled by this. I know Kojima doesn't call the shots, but come on.

The only thing I find strange is that we have been told consistently over 20 characters it's even mentioned in the bullet points on retailer listings, now Mink is saying the leaked list is the final roster, which is exactly 20 characters. Something doesn't add up here.

I could see it. Paul's hints are absolute ass. He knew about DLC, so he technically was right about there being over 20 characters.

I agree... I sure hope there are more characters than just 20 even though...

Even though I think minks source is pretty good haha

I'm glad that from the beginning I didn't care about the roster for this game as a whole, and only cared about Sir Daniel finally being in another game after being sidelined for about a decade. Already got everything I wanted :)

Either the Mink, his possible source, Paul Gale or information given to the retailers is bullshitting here. The plot thickens.

And to take it even further there were some journalists that were informed by Sony that next reveal would be FF character.

TheMink

Yeah, I just wanna know who the half-leaked character is. And Mink, did your source give any info on when these 2 were planned for release, or if they're even halfway through completion?

I dont know when they will be released sorry.

I know, "over 20" has been the standard.

Im hoping he goes "oh wait lmao there are more" but i could also see the over 20 refering to dlc too so idk.

i7xC03eTS9hwW.gif

this new news doesn't make me the happiest man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom