• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Borderlands 2 Wildlife Preservation Reserve Previews

Borderlands 2 [OT] More messed up than Scooter's moms lady parts.

Borderlands 2 [OT] Loots be mine!

Borderlands 2 [OT] You should see the look on your face!

Reallink

I'm not too sure about all the warping, leaping, burrowing, and invisible creatures. That shit don't work too well with dual analog controls.

Lothars

I feel the same way as others here that Borderlands 1 to 2 is the same type of improvements that AC 1 to AC2 had going from a good game to a great game.

Yasae

Banned
Kill 50 zombies.

Now kill 100.

Now kill 500.

Now kill 1000.

Now kill 1500.

Now kill 2000.

Sorry, too bad, you don't get any good loot for this humongous time-waster.

Dingotech

I'm looking through the skill trees but it's taking forever.

What character do you guys think would be best for somebody that is thinking of playing the game solo, and maybe rocking sniper rifles?

abundant

What character do you guys think would be best for somebody that is thinking of playing the game solo, and maybe rocking sniper rifles?

Zero. He has a Sniping Tree that has a lot of +Crit Damage and +Accuracy skills and his Deception skill looks to be pretty helpful for taking out strong enemies or escaping bad situations.

XenodudeX

Should I get this game with these specs?

mp_rf_3.gif

CPU
Minimum: 2.4 GHz Dual Core Processor
You Have: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 640 Processor
PASS
  Click here for the latest CPU drivers.

CPU Speed
Minimum: Info
You Have: 3.0 GHz

RAM
Minimum: 2 GB
You Have: 4.1 GB
PASS

OS
Minimum: Windows XP SP3
You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
PASS
  Click here for the latest Windows drivers.

Video Card
Minimum: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 /ATI Radeon HD 2600
You Have: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
PASS
  Click here for the latest Video drivers.
Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Pixel Shader version 3.0 5.0
Vertex Shader version 3.0 5.0
Dedicated Video RAM 256 MB 1.0 GB

Sound Card
Minimum: Yes
You Have: ATI High Definition Audio Device
PASS
  Click here for the latest Sound Card drivers.

Free Disk Space
Minimum: 20 GB
You Have: 646.7 GB
PASS
The only reason I'm considering getting this is because my friends are buying for the PC and I'd like to play with them. The game looks fun but I'm not really crazy about FPS games.

ezekial45

Banned
Should I get this game with these specs?

mp_rf_3.gif

The only reason I'm considering getting this is because my friends are buying for the PC and I'd like to play with them. The game looks fun but I'm not really crazy about FPS games.

As long as you don't put it on any high settings, then you should be fine.

Derrick01

Banned
Kill 50 zombies.

Now kill 100.

Now kill 500.

Now kill 1000.

Now kill 1500.

Now kill 2000.

Sorry, too bad, you don't get any good loot for this humongous time-waster.

It was much better if you got that quest really early on and then went back to turn it in after you reached each mark, because just doing the DLC naturally you get most of them. I made the mistake of waiting until all the quests were done to do those, just for the achievements.... :(

Maya. No doubt about it.

Forget about rocking sniper rifles because in the end it will be a huge waste when you have hordes of enemies flanking you from all sides.

Maya has a tree that is completely focused on healing, especially when using the Lockdown ability.

Forsythia

Borderlands 2 |OT| 96.5% More WUB WUB

This is a winner! Another one from the same trailer:

Borderlands 2 |OT| Get ready to joy puke your face off

Skipping all the vids in the OP, though, I want to enter the game completely unspoiled. :) Only 2 weeks left!

YOU FOOLS!!!

Were you not paying attention to the end of the GameSpot video when a megaton bomb of fucking awesome was dropped?

MECHROMANCER RELEASES OCTOBER 16TH!!!!

/dance

YOU FOOLS!!!

Were you not paying attention to the end of the GameSpot video when a megaton bomb of fucking awesome was dropped?

MECHROMANCER RELEASES OCTOBER 16TH!!!!

/dance

How is that a Megaton Bomb? It was already mentioned that class would be released a few weeks after the release.

maniacripper

Neo Member
Have they mentioned how co-op questing will work? The first game was kind of a pain in the ass with jump in/out co-op questing.

ezekial45

Banned
Have they mentioned how co-op questing will work? The first game was kind of a pain in the ass with jump in/out co-op questing.

It's much more flexible now. You can pick up the quests along with them or do your own thing. It's not as tied together as the last one. For the better. It's true drop in drop out this time around.

Derrick01

Banned
100% 2x? really I think that my first 100% will take 100 hours And I want to do EVERYTHING on my first playthrough open every box pick up everything do every quest.

100% in borderlands 1 is really short. I just did every quest again solo in 15 hours and I'll have a platinum in another 10 at most, just because getting to level 50 takes a while.

abundant

It's much more flexible now. You can pick up the quests along with them or do your own thing. It's not as tied together as the last one. For the better. It's true drop in drop out this time around.

To be more specific - If you complete a quest in someone else's co-op game that you haven't reached in your game, once you reach it, the game will give you a choice to skip it or replay it.

Im kinda glad I never played more than 5 minutes of Borderlands 1. I got the pc version with all its issues, got disgusted with the shitty port, and never went back to it.

But Borderlands 2 looks better, and they have promised a decent PC port this time. So I am thinking of getting 2. Although how is the multiplayer being done?

I feel like finishing Borderlands 1, what's the best order for playing through all the dlc? Should I save it all for after beating the main campaign?

Derrick01

Banned
I feel like finishing Borderlands 1, what's the best order for playing through all the dlc? Should I save it all for after beating the main campaign?

You almost have to anyway. Zombie one is around early 30s I believe and the Armory and clap trap ones are post game I think.

Raxus

The only true end game DLC is Knoxx and then Robolution. Moxxi and Dr. Zed can be completed any time but are best saved for after you finish playthrough 1.

Main campaign->Dr. Zed(skippable)->Mad Moxxi(skippable)->Knoxx->Claptrap Robolution

legbone

zombie one, general knoxx, then claptrap. skip moxxie. do the zombie one around level 20 or so. the other two are pretty much end game ones. so around the max level for the first playthrough. i think that's right if i remember right.

iNvid02

Im kinda glad I never played more than 5 minutes of Borderlands 1. I got the pc version with all its issues, got disgusted with the shitty port, and never went back to it.

But Borderlands 2 looks better, and they have promised a decent PC port this time. So I am thinking of getting 2. Although how is the multiplayer being done?

steam multiplayer matchmaking confirmed

also

xFa3A.jpg

Derrick01

Banned
Wow I didn't know this was going to have so many PC options. I'm glad there's another game with a framerate limiter too, should be mandatory in PC games :D

abundant

I don't know if anyone has posted the GI review yet - They claimed that this game was a great example of what a sequel should be. The three big improvements were...

1. How unique the four classes were, they even said that there were basically 12 classes because each of the three skill trees offered up different experiences.

2. There's an actual Story, with a main Antagonist and an actual purpose for doing stuff.

3. There are barely any generic fetch/kill quests, with a lot of quests feeling unique.

Top Bottom