• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands 2 and Borderlands 4 Potentially Leaked

tiny-tinas-wonderlands-scaled.jpg

Recently, a reference made on a LinkedIn profile has surfaced, revealing that both Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands 2 and Borderlands 4 are in development.

It was a while ago that Randy Pitchford, the former CEO of Gearbox, suggested that Borderlands 4 was in development, and this recent reference is another arrow in the quiver of that concept, along with other, associated leaks.

You Get Two!​

On the profile of a ‘Senior Technical & Production Director’ who worked briefly for Gearbox Software (on contract), it’s revealed that he supervised employees working on a few titles, amongst which were ‘Borderlands 4 UE4’ and ‘Tiny Tina’s Wonderland 2 UE4’.

It’s worth stressing that this individual, ‘Randel R.’, worked in this position for around three months, spanning May 2022 to July 2022.

It’s hard to gauge anything from that reference, such as to what extent these games were developed, but it certainly makes sense that at least Borderlands 4 is close to an announcement, given that it has been more than four years since the last major title in the series was released.
Screenshot_20231119_093107_Chrome.jpg

As with any ‘leaks’ of this nature, it’s important to take them with a pinch of salt, as at the end of the day, anyone is capable of writing anything on a LinkedIn profile.

It’s one of the first references we’ve seen to Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands 2, but it has only been a year and a half since the first game was released, so it’s safe to assume that one won’t surface for a while.

Blizzje

Works on Tiny Tina's Wonderlands 2 and Elder Scrolls Online. Can't even be bothered to spell the names right. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Krieger

I should force myself to play BL3. But the atrocious writing and the intensely unlikeable antagonists put me off. Only got to the second planet before I nope'd out of it.
So, BL4 is going to be a hard sell, unless...

PpdULij.jpg
He already returned in the first BL3 DLC.
BL4 needs smaller maps. 75% of the time I was just driving through gigantic maps going from A to B, back to A, then to C and back to B. And please, kill off Ava before the start of BL4.

Spyxos

Gold Member
I should force myself to play BL3. But the atrocious writing and the intensely unlikeable antagonists put me off. Only got to the second planet before I nope'd out of it.
So, BL4 is going to be a hard sell, unless...

PpdULij.jpg
You need to play this if you want more Handsome Jack

Diddy X

Traversal is the worst part of Borderlands 3, Wonderlands was good enough, in these games I only ask for good shooting I just wanna shoot stuff and receive good loot.

Last edited:

Holammer

He already returned in the first BL3 DLC.
BL4 needs smaller maps. 75% of the time I was just driving through gigantic maps going from A to B, back to A, then to C and back to B. And please, kill off Ava before the start of BL4.
Haven't played the DLC, obviously.
But isn't that a fake out with the body double from the Pre-sequel?

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I don't think there is anything more annoying in this world than Tiny Tina. yuck... bordlerlands humor...
Tiny Tina might be the least funny “comic” relief character of all time. Although all of BL3 and Wonderlands is like that… just nonstop yapping and trying so, so hard to be funny. It’s like some mediocre ad-libbed SNL sketch that goes on way too long.

I barely finished BL3. I wanted to like it more than I actually liked it. Gave up on Tiny Tina after maybe 2 hours or so. Didn't hate it either, but it just didn't click for me. That said, I would be down to even give them another go honestly, if I had a group of people to play with. These games are massively dependent upon the people you play with for me as the RPG aspects and the loot grind just don't work in interesting ways as a single-player game. Or at least in ways that I find interesting.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
If that is real, the person needs a lesson on resume writing. Throughout his experience description, he/she switches from present tense to past tense. That alone makes me feel like this is fake…or that is the reason he/she only worked there for 3 months 😂

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
For the love of God please get better writers than the morons who did 3's. That game's writing was just unspeakably bad.
I'd prefer Presequel writers. Claptastic Voyage was good.

Unfortunately I think BL4 is either going to force us to play as or deal with Ava or somehow they will shove more Lilith down everyone's throat.

I'd much prefer they space out the cringe humor and go back to the atmospheric looter shooter BL1 was.

Also hope the Universe leaves Pandora behind. So tired of that dustball of a planet.

Bkdk

If they do it right then they could get their own stable gaas game that brings them stable long term income with borderlands 4.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
If they do it right then they could get their own stable gaas game that brings them stable long term income with borderlands 4.
Only devs that got it right is Ghost Ship Games with Deep Rock Galactic. It would require 2K to give a Rock and Stone to even compare.

Top Bottom