• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wash Post: Bin Laden Tail "Stone Cold"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link

To sum up:

- Pakistan is hindering the hunt

- The US intelligence/special operations community hasn't had a lead in two years

- Rumsfeld has at times prevented the intelligence and spec ops communities from working together

- The US will not seek Pakistani permission if they know where bin Laden is, mainly because they wouldn't get it

Snaku

Banned
Cubsfan23 said:
"We will not make any distinction between terrorists and those who harbor them"

:lol :lol

So anyway...what's the alert level, that's supposed to keep us in the controlled grip of deadly fear, these days? Doomsday Orange? Apocalypse Red?

This is news? Sounds like what John Kerry was saying during the 2004 campaign. Bush doesn't give a flying **** about finding Bin Laden -- hell, he said so himself. And to see Cheney and Rice earlier this morning still, STILL attributing connections between Al Qaeda and Iraq as justifications for War is absolutely astounding.

Protest: Completely deceptive Topic Intro:

WWE---Stone-Cold-Austin-316-Print-C11756919.jpeg
vs.
Osama%20bin%20Laden.JPG

"Come get some, you dumb son of a bitch!" ---------- "Heeyyaaanaaaallynnnnnnnaaaaaahhhh!"

The Frankman said:
Protest: Completely deceptive Topic Intro:

WWE---Stone-Cold-Austin-316-Print-C11756919.jpeg
vs.
Osama%20bin%20Laden.JPG

"Come get some, you dumb son of a bitch!" ---------- "Heeyyaaanaaaallynnnnnnnaaaaaahhhh!"
:lol Exactly what I thought. Maybe the OP meant the trail is stone cold...

Triumph

Banned
Snaku said:
So anyway...what's the alert level, that's supposed to keep us in the controlled grip of deadly fear, these days? Doomsday Orange? Apocalypse Red?
Mauve, I think. Or is it chartreuse?

Snah

Banned
People who are interested in why the Bin Laden trail has gone cold should watch the following video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1016720641536424083&q=press+for+truth

It goes into the hunt for Bin Laden and starts at about 50 minutes in.

There appears to be a serious role being played in order to NOT catch Bin Laden. One reason for this is due to the fact that Bin Laden plays right into the hands of the administration, who use him as a propaganda tool and the face of terrorism.

According to the FBI's website, Bin Laden is not wanted for 9/11.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/terrorists/terbinladen.htm

FightyF

Banned
siamesedreamer said:
Link

To sum up:

- Pakistan is hindering the hunt

- The US intelligence/special operations community hasn't had a lead in two years

- Rumsfeld has at times prevented the intelligence and spec ops communities from working together

- The US will not seek Pakistani permission if they know where bin Laden is, mainly because they wouldn't get it

Where in that article does it say that Pakistan is hindering the hunt.

It says the exact opposite in that article.

Oops, forgot this was posted by SiameseDreamer, I guess you figure all mud people are bad guys...

CaptainABAB

Snah said:
According to the FBI's website, Bin Laden is not wanted for 9/11.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/terrorists/terbinladen.htm

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/terrorists/fugitives.htm

The alleged terrorists on this list have been indicted by sitting Federal Grand Juries in various jurisdictions in the United States for the crimes reflected on their wanted posters. Evidence was gathered and presented to the Grand Juries, which led to their being charged. The indictments currently listed on the posters allow them to be arrested and brought to justice. Future indictments may be handed down as various investigations proceed in connection to other terrorist incidents, for example, the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001.

Snah

Banned
Captain, what does that prove other than the fact that they can update their list and bring charges to those against 9/11 once they find evidence and run it through the proper channels? It's been 5 years since 9/11, surely if they had the evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11 at this point then he would be indicted for it.

At the moment, the FBI does not want Bin Laden for 9/11, suggesting that they may have insufficient evidence to pass through the proper channels as of right now.

And, apparently, someone called the FBI themselves and they stated "the reason Bin Laden isn't wanted for 9/11 is because we have no hard evidence".

That's not to say it couldn't change in the future. But let's be honest here, all they really have are suspicious tapes of admittance, after the original tape where he claimed he had nothing to do with 9/11 and didn't support it at all.

BigBoss

Yeah, I sure that if we ever capture Bin Laden we aren't going to charge him for the deaths of over 3,000 people on 9/11.

rolleyes.jpg

Ecrofirt

Snah said:
This is a 9/11 thread about Bin Laden.
9/11 conspiracy stuff goes here and nowhere else
Enough thread derailing. This thread will remain available to discuss "alternative" september 11th explanations and accuse the government or space aliens or mossad or whoever else, but it won't be tolerated elsewhere. Have fun!

He Wants Chalupas said:
:lol Exactly what I thought. Maybe the OP meant the trail is stone cold...

B00004X07E.03._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

So wait.....Brian Bosworth is on the trail of Bin Laden now? Nice. That bitch doesn't stand a chance now!

Snah

Banned
Well if they ever desire to capture Bin Laden (which, at this point seems unlikely considering how useful he is as a political tool), then I'm sure they will charge him for crimes on 9/11.

But, at this point, again -- most of what they have in terms of a physical admission are suspicious tapes.

Snah

Banned
9/11 conspiracy stuff goes here and nowhere else
Enough thread derailing. This thread will remain available to discuss "alternative" september 11th explanations and accuse the government or space aliens or mossad or whoever else, but it won't be tolerated elsewhere. Have fun!

I'm not talking about the 9/11 conspiracy, ecrofirt. I'm talking about the hunt for bin laden.

My original post talks about the whole ISI/Pakistani connection if you actually watch the documentary itself.

Ecrofirt

Snah said:
I'm not talking about the 9/11 conspiracy, ecrofirt. I'm talking about the hunt for bin laden.

My original post talks about the whole ISI/Pakistani connection if you actually watch the documentary itself.

No, you're not talking about 9/11 at all.

You're just linking to the same Press for 9/11 Truth video that you've recently linked to in the 9/11 thread, and you're talking about the exact same 'no connection' stuff from the FBI that you've been talking about there.

This thread is about Bin Laden's trail going cold, and you're linking to 9/11 propoganda videos.

From here on out, I'm either staying out of the thread, or trying to ignore the stuff you inject into it.

Snah

Banned
You're just linking to the same Press for 9/11 Truth video that you've recently linked to in the 9/11 thread, and you're talking about the exact same 'no connection' stuff from the FBI that you've been talking about there.

This thread is about Bin Laden's trail going cold, and you're linking to 9/11 propoganda videos.

First question.

Did you watch the video at all?

A substantial portion of the documentary goes into detail regarding the hunt for Bin Laden, the connection to Pakistan/ISI, and why we lost him.

That's why I linked to it and posted it.

From here on out, I'm either staying out of the thread, or trying to ignore the stuff you inject into it.

That's great. But atleast watch the video I'm linking to before dismissing it as 'propaganda' that has nothing to do with the hunt for Bin Laden.

It clearly does, and apparently you didn't watch it.

Fight for Freeform said:
Where in that article does it say that Pakistan is hindering the hunt.

From the article:

Many factors have combined in the five years since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks to make the pursuit more difficult. They include .......Pakistan's unwillingness to pursue him

US forces are not allowed to operate inside Pakistan. Pakistan won't look for him.

Plus, Pakistan is cutting deal with the militants in the area where they think OBL is hiding:

In a move that some say appears 'a total capitulation' to pro-Taliban forces, Pakistan signed a peace deal with tribal leaders in the North Waziristan region of Pakistan Tuesday, and is withdrawing military forces in exchange for promises that militant tribal groups there will not engage in terrorist activities.

Link

Still think they aren't hindering the hunt?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
MR. RUSSERT: Let me stay on Afghanistan, because the front page of The Washington Post today, bin Laden, the trail is stone cold, according to intelligence officials. Do you agree with that?

VICE PRES. CHENEY: I don’t. I, I, I haven’t read the article, I saw the headline. And, you know, there’s the, the on again/off again approach, is the U.S. really serious about bin Laden? We are serious, we’ve stayed actively and aggressively involved in the hunt for bin Laden from the very beginning. There’s been no...

MR. RUSSERT: But this stuff here is real important. This article says that in 2002, the U.S. pulled its Special Operation forces out of Afghanistan and, and really did lower down the volume in seeking—in going after Osama, which is at the exact time that President Bush said, “I don’t spend much time on him,” talking about bin Laden.

VICE PRES. CHENEY: He’s not the only source of the problem, obviously, Tim. If you killed him tomorrow, you’d still have a problem with al-Qaeda, with Zawahiri and the others. But bin Laden has been a top priority for us from the very beginning, he continues to be a top priority today. That hasn’t changed. The president and I get periodic reports on our efforts in that regard. There’s been no lessening of our interest or of our activity with..

MR. RUSSERT: Pakistan has now a peace pact with the terrorists in the area where we think bin Laden is, creating what Richard Clarke, the former White House adviser on terrorism, calls a “sanctuary.” And reports from the RAND Corporation that the Pakistan CIA, the ISI, are in...

VICE PRES. CHENEY: ISID.

MR. RUSSERT: Yeah, are in cahoots with the Taliban. So if the Pakistanis aren’t willing to seek bin Laden, and have a peace pact with the terrorists, where are we?

VICE PRES. CHENEY: I don’t buy the premature question, Tim. I, I think it’s wrong and I think the sources you’ve quoted are wrong. The fact is we’ve captured and killed more al-Qaeda in Pakistan than any place else in the world in the last five years. President Musharraf has been a great ally. There was, prior to 9/11, a close relationship between the Pakistan intelligence services and the Taliban. Pakistan was one of only three nations that recognized, diplomatically recognized the government of Afghanistan at that particular time. But the fact is Musharraf has put his neck on the line in order to be effective in going after the extremist elements including al-Qaeda and including the Taliban in Pakistan. There have been three attempts on his life, two of those by al-Qaeda over the course of the last three years. This is a man who has demonstrated great courage under very difficult political circumstances and has been a great ally for the United States.

So there’s no question in that area along the Afghan/Pakistan border is something of a no man’s land, it has been for centuries. It’s extraordinarily rough territory. People there who move back and forth across the border, they were smuggling goods before there was concern about, about terrorism. But we need to continue to work the problem. Musharraf just visited Karzai in, in Kabul this past week, they’re both going to be here during the course of the U.N. General Assembly meetings over the course of the next few weeks. We worked that area very hard, and the Paks have been great allies in that effort.

:lol What a lyin' douchebag.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
bob_arctor said:
:lol What a lyin' douchebag.

I know right. Let me post it again.

MR. RUSSERT: Yeah, are in cahoots with the Taliban. So if the Pakistanis aren’t willing to seek bin Laden, and have a peace pact with the terrorists, where are we?

VICE PRES. CHENEY: I don’t buy the premature question, Tim. I, I think it’s wrong and I think the sources you’ve quoted are wrong.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
why have we heard essentially nothing from bin laden for so long...just an audio message a while ago. i reckon the guy is not in good shape

racerx77

Banned
how do we know hes not in the U.S? He could have cut his hair and beard off, and I doubt anyone would be looking for that.

Burger

So we can talk about Bin Laden in this thread, but we can't talk about how after 5 years he is no closer to being caught after 9/11 ?

Are you allowed or not allowed to link to a video which also asks why Bin Laden has not been caught ? Which BTW, is not a conspiracy video and shouldn't be shunted into a conspiracy thread.

What is the point of this thread then ?

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Snah said:
There appears to be a serious role being played in order to NOT catch Bin Laden. One reason for this is due to the fact that Bin Laden plays right into the hands of the administration, who use him as a propaganda tool and the face of terrorism.

yeah - i guess as soon as they catch him, they lose their easy target for blame for when any more attacks happen.

WANTED - DEAD OR ALIVE! :lol

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Burger said:
So we can talk about Bin Laden in this thread, but we can't talk about how after 5 years he is no closer to being caught after 9/11 ?

Are you allowed or not allowed to link to a video which also asks why Bin Laden has not been caught ? Which BTW, is not a conspiracy video and shouldn't be shunted into a conspiracy thread.

What is the point of this thread then ?

No we don't want any coocoo bird conspiracies. We simply can't find him. There haven't been any leads and Pakastin isn't helping us find him. Plain and simple.

FightyF

Banned
siamesedreamer said:
US forces are not allowed to operate inside Pakistan. Pakistan won't look for him.

The quote you stated, "Pakistan's unwillingness to pursue him" is false.

The rest of that article stated all of the different methods and leads Pakistan was actively following. That conclusion by the writers of the article has no merit, considering all the facts within the article stating the opposite.

Plus, Pakistan is cutting deal with the militants in the area where they think OBL is hiding:
Link

Still think they aren't hindering the hunt?

This recent development doesn't hinder the intelligence. It's meant to stop violence against Pakistanis as well as the International Forces in Afghanistan (y'know, the guys cleaning up the US's mess).

is this a surprise? pakistan has given a virtual sanctuary to people who are sympathetic to al-qaeda fighters and it's in the smae area where a lot of poppy is grown.

Dunpeal

Banned
The plain that hits the 2nd tower is a military plane, no plane hits the pentagon, Fbi takes tape of gas station recording the incident and tells ppl to stfu, secret services hide the WTC incident plane's black boxes, united 93 is reported to have landed before it supposedly "crashed", 1st to arrive at scene see no bodies, no bones no nothing.

I'm sorry, but this is just another one of those things, in 40 years we will know what happen but then it will have been too late, as it will be a new generation.

Hey what about Pear Harbor? What about that official document that had as basis for action, destroy own ships and shiz to make ppl support an attack against Cuba.

Paleaaseee.....with all those Arms contracts and Money spent on Defense, well you gotta make use of it.

Pfftt, its embarassing.

Fight for Freeform said:
This recent development doesn't hinder the intelligence. It's meant to stop violence against Pakistanis as well as the International Forces in Afghanistan (y'know, the guys cleaning up the US's mess).

The recent development pulled back their border about 100 miles and gave Taliban/militant forces an autonomous area in Waziristan.

The Pakistani's brokered that deal on their own and not at the behest of the international forces located in Afghanistan.

IN OTHER WORDS, PAKISTAN IS AIDING THE TALIBAN/MILITANT FORCES IN REGAINING THEIR STRENGTH BY TURNING A BLIND EYE AND ALLOWING THEM TO SET UP A SAFE HAVEN LOCATED WITHIN THEIR BORDERS (where foreign forces are not allowed to operate).

FightyF

Banned
siamesedreamer said:
The recent development pulled back their border about 100 miles and gave Taliban/militant forces an autonomous area in Waziristan.

The Pakistani's brokered that deal on their own and not at the behest of the international forces located in Afghanistan.

IN OTHER WORDS, PAKISTAN IS AIDING THE TALIBAN/MILITANT FORCES IN REGAINING THEIR STRENGTH BY TURNING A BLIND EYE AND ALLOWING THEM TO SET UP A SAFE HAVEN LOCATED WITHIN THEIR BORDERS (where foreign forces are not allowed to operate).

Do you realize that this is a good thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom