• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First set pic from Aronofsky's next project 'NOAH'

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseMath

But seriously, is this movie going to be a religious drama, or an actual film that can work for all crowds? Because the premise and artwork seems awesome.

I totally agree and I love Aronofsky, but the story of Noah is - in my opinion - complete implausible and I really wonder if I'll be able to limit my disbelief enough to enjoy the film. On the surface, it does look good though.

strafer

On the set of Noah.

AMhI1.jpg

iA4NA.jpg

1lJ5C.jpg

5QyE3.jpg

And looks like he's been working out.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Please let it be this version of Noah's Ark...

Dino2.jpg

dino62.jpg

Hah, man I hope this movie will be the film version of my book! If this ends in an epic clash between holy and evil angels wielding dinosaurs as instruments of death to destroy mankind's last chance, I will SO be there day one!!!!

jett

D-Member
I didn't know Hermione was in this.

And that's quite an original interpretation of Noah. I'm still iffy on this project, only because the premise is so outlandish to me.

Hato-kun

Oh man, how have I not heard about this.

I'm reading The Bible for work at the moment and it's super interesting. Noah is honestly the most badass 960 year old dude ever.

And damn, Russel looks good for 600 years old.

charsace

On the set of Noah.

http://i.imgur.com/AMhI1.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/iA4NA.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1lJ5C.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5QyE3.jpg[/IMG

And looks like he's been working out.[/QUOTE]

So manly that if I saw him I would try to fight him to attain alpha male status.

Noah seems like such a boring story but I only know the basics. Is it more exciting than I'm thinking?

Not that it's anymore exciting but in Genesis it talks a bit about the hundreds of years of his life after the ark event. I'm curious of Aronofsky's will touch on it. If you read the entire story of Noah in the Bible it will only take you ten minutes if that.

thirty

Banned
Please let it be this version of Noah's Ark...

Dino2.jpg

dino62.jpg

Call it crackpot but I'll post this theory here since it fits the thread. Dinosaurs aren't billions of years old and there are mentions of "dragons" and beasts in the bible. Not to long ago someone here said there has never been a flood. Dinosaurs are proof there was indeed a flood.

You have to look at things from a different perspective to understand what may have happened. GOD warned Noah of what would happened but didn't tell him how it would. Just a flood. What really happened half way across the world was an asteroid sent by the creator that hit the ocean. This caused the fastest evaporation of water man would have seen and clouds like at no point in history. It did rain for 40 days and nights and the dinosaurs got frozen in mud.

Think about this. If science were correct why are the bones always so close to the surface? They aren't buried millions or billions of years underground. There are probably cities buried deeper. If they slowly died off why wouldn't they be completely decomposed? Instead they are always found completely intact because they were entombed in mud. Carbon dating? The asteroid was old. Not the dinosaurs. All that debris mixed with mud and water would make it APPEAR that they were old. They weren't. Dinosaurs are probably the greatest proof of god for non believers. Why weren't they on the ark? Huge reminders left behind right on the surface of earth.

Call it crackpot but I'll post this theory here since it fits the thread. Dinosaurs aren't billions of years old and there are mentions of "dragons" and beasts in the bible. Not to long ago someone here said there has never been a flood. Dinosaurs are proof there was indeed a flood.

You have to look at things from a different perspective to understand what may have happened. GOD warned Noah of what would happened but didn't tell him how it would. Just a flood. What really happened half way across the world was an asteroid sent by the creator that hit the ocean. This caused the fastest evaporation of water man would have seen and clouds like at no point in history. It did rain for 40 days and nights and the dinosaurs got frozen in mud.

Think about this. If science were correct why are the bones always so close to the surface? They aren't buried millions or billions of years underground. There are probably cities buried deeper. If they slowly died off why wouldn't they be completely decomposed? Instead they are always found completely intact because they were entombed in mud. Carbon dating? The asteroid was old. Not the dinosaurs. All that debris mixed with mud and water would make it APPEAR that they were old. They weren't. Dinosaurs are probably the greatest proof of god for non believers. Why weren't they on the ark? Huge reminders left behind right on the surface of earth.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from.

If they slowly died off why wouldn't they be completely decomposed?
The vast, VAST majority of dinosaurs did decompose; intact dinosaur fossils are incredibly rare. How many fossils have been found to date? Probably in the thousands, right? Well that's only a miniscule percentage of the billions of dinosaurs that existed and died over the hundreds and thousands of years they were around.

If science were correct why are the bones always so close to the surface?. They aren't buried millions or billions of years underground. There are probably cities buried deeper.
According to this helpful, illustrated website: "Many millions of years pass and the rock remains buried deep within the bedrock; however tectonic forces associated with the collision between neighbouring continental plates have begun to buckle and uplift the bedrock, raising it above sea level and exposing it to erosion. Gradually, the exposed rock is stripped away, until eventually the top of the fish's skull is visible at the surface."
The bones WE'VE FOUND are close to the surface BECAUSE they were close to the surface! There are probably a whole lot more fossils buried deeply that we can't get to because they are so deep. The ones we've found are just the ones lucky enough for archeologists to stubble upon.

Why weren't they on the ark?
Probably because they were all extinct by the time Noah built the ark.
If they were still around at the Great Flood and Noah didn't include them on the ark, wouldn't he be disobeying God by not including them on the ark?
He must have included snakes and other reptiles, so scaled creatures were allowed.
He must have let elephants and giraffes on, so size apparently wasn't an issue.
He must have let lions and tigers and bears on, so he didn't have a problem with carnivores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom