• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CVG: Wii U launch supply in UK as low as 25000 units

Woffls

Wow that's a very low number! I put some pre-orders down very early with ShopTo, Zavvi and Amazon. I might only cancel Amazon, just in case. Worst case scenario I get nothing, but expecting more than what I've done to secure a pre-order is just unreasonable.

In reality, I will probably get two in the post and be able to return one of them, or sell it on. I don't wanna' be that guy, though, so I would try and sell it to a bro at a good price.

I lost a pre-order due to card loss already, so if that ends up screwing me over I'm gonna' be well pissed. Luckily ShopTo don't ask for CC details right away, and I used a different card for the other two.

I just hope Nintendo ships enough units in my country. After all, we pay more than most of you guys. :p

Honestly, I hope everyone that Pre-ordered is abe to get one on Launch Day. I mean, that's the entire reason a person Pre-orders regardless of location. If people end up not getting a Wii U that had it Pre-ordered, then something has to be done moving forward. I don't know if the blame lies with the stores or the console manufacturer, but wherever the problem is they need to get together and ensure they are on the same page and they don't oversell again in the future.

Wow that's a very low number! I put some pre-orders down very early with ShopTo, Zavvi and Amazon. I might only cancel Amazon, just in case. Worst case scenario I get nothing, but expecting more than what I've done to secure a pre-order is just unreasonable.

In reality, I will probably get two in the post and be able to return one of them, or sell it on. I don't wanna' be that guy, though, so I would try and sell it to a bro at a good price.

I lost a pre-order due to card loss already, so if that ends up screwing me over I'm gonna' be well pissed. Luckily ShopTo don't ask for CC details right away, and I used a different card for the other two.

If there is a shortage and you get a second one, rather than return it you could always sell it on gaf at MSRP + Shipping.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Take the £30 and invest in some camping gear.

You're gonna need it.

Well that £30 was generated for the premium Wii only. I'm keeping a note of my old order number and date because it was at their discretion that I had to cancel and reorder rather than changing a card number.

I seem to have terrible luck. I had a scare with the Wii as well when HMV cancelled it out of the blue because I had a 10% student discount on it and apparently that isn't valid for consoles.

madmackem

Its one of the reasons i made a deal with the devil and preorded at game as no doubt they will get a healthy amount compared to smaller chains and non gaming ones.

madmackem

Seriously this is just FUD being spread probably by a retailer that hasn't sold all its yet just to try get people into a pre order frenzy

I wouldnt count on it, retailers will take your preorder not even knowing how many consoles they are getting. Even more so if they are like game and take a deposit off you.

I wouldnt count on it, retailers will take your preorder not even knowing how many consoles they are getting. Even more so if they are like game and take a deposit off you.

Well plenty of retailers have sold out already of some packs, Nintendo is estimating similar shipment forecast to when the wii launched so that would imply a similar number of units and shipment schedule as the wii had give or take a few k here and there, I remember hearing similar stories and similar figures being thrown around before the wii launched

Just had an interesting tweet from ShopTo as i was asking about cancelling my pre-order to pre-order one of the bundles (save a fair amount of money by doing so) and if i would still get it day 1.

With Wii U there will be a launch Window of 2 weeks no the usual 1 day release.. and yes you will get it ..

Maybe this could add a bit of weight to the OP, and that Nintendo are staggering initial shipments.

dyergram

Didn't we decide this was one retailers allotment not the whole of uk? I would imagine after the game situation last year shopto are in a pretty good place with regards to market share now as well any body ever order any day one hardware off sainsburys I'm getting twitchy..,

disco

I have a slightly off-topic question.

I have a £275 preorder for the Premium at Zavvi and a £299 preorder for the Premium at Amazon. Which should I cancel?

*Also, the debit card I used to make these preorders (which obviously hasn't been charged) has since been cancelled - I think everything's still okay though if I change my billing details when my new card arrives (i.e. Monday).

I have a slightly off-topic question.

I have a £275 preorder for the Premium at Zavvi and a £299 preorder for the Premium at Amazon. Which should I cancel?

*Also, the debit card I used to make these preorders (which obviously hasn't been charged) has since been cancelled - I think everything's still okay though if I change my billing details when my new card arrives (i.e. Monday).

Both should be fine. I've had consoles on launch from both. With regards to your debit card i'd contact whoever you go with to double check that it couldn't be a problem just to be on the safe side :)

disco

Both should be fine. I've had consoles on launch from both. With regards to your debit card i'd contact whoever you go with to double check that it couldn't be a problem just to be on the safe side :)

Ah great! Thank you. :3 I have more faith in Amazon but I managed to get the Zavvi pre-order in with a £25 discount... Decisions, decisions! :p

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just had an interesting tweet from ShopTo as i was asking about cancelling my pre-order to pre-order one of the bundles (save a fair amount of money by doing so) and if i would still get it day 1.

Maybe this could add a bit of weight to the OP, and that Nintendo are staggering initial shipments.

Sounds odd for a hardware launch.

Optimist in me says - ooh a launch window, shop to might ship early then..

Pessimist in me says - shop to heading their bets in case they can't get stock in, they ca use that as an excuse to put off people complaining.

I've fully paid my preorder, but considering a GAME bundle preorder - with NSMBU the price is about on par with other online places

Sounds odd for a hardware launch.

Optimist in me says - ooh a launch window, shop to might ship early then..

Pessimist in me says - shop to heading their bets in case they can't get stock in, they ca use that as an excuse to put off people complaining.

I've fully paid my preorder, but considering a GAME bundle preorder - with NSMBU the price is about on par with other online places

I really don't know what to expect. My Shopto Vita pre-order came a day early, so i've booked the 29th off work just in case it happens again, but part of me thinks i might not get it until the start of December now.

Changed to the Zombie U bundle + NintendoLand + Super Mario U bundle for £369, might have lost my place at near the front of the queue but i'm guessing its worth the gamble giving the amount of money saved.

I very nearly pre-ordered but then snapped out of it. I'll be waiting at least a year or so, or until a few games come out that I want. There isn't one yet.

Come to me Zelda.

Top Bottom