• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
No midnight launch for me. Penis Miiverse invasion will have to wait twelve hours.

Rich!

Had another power outage on my road last night. Came back on within a few minutes...but still.

Like hell am I risking my Wii U with that massive update /install. I'll be playing offline until I can hook it up at my parents house in a few days.

DrSnaz

Neo Member
The Wii transfer tool is also ready for download in the Wii-Shop!

41194.jpg

Source

Just got WiiU!

Now, what the hell. It can't find my router. What. I can't connect to the Internet. What.

I had that problem at one point. What I did was unplug the router/dsl for a minute then started it back up. Then I tried connecting the Wii U and it found my router.

Others have had to do more drastic things, that I wouldn't know how to do.

DrSnaz

Neo Member
Here the full european eShop-Lineup an prices

Wii U-Downloadgames
Nano Assault Neo (9,99€)
Little Inferno (14,99€)
Trine 2: Director's Cut (introduction price: 13,49€)
Chasing Aurora (11,99€)
Puddle (7,99€)
Toki Tori 2 (not now)

Wii U-Games
Sonic & Allstar Racing Transformed (49,99€)
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper (59,99€)
New Super Mario Bros. U (59,99€)
ZombiU (TBA)
Nintendo Land (59,99€)
Tekken Tag Tournament Wii U Edition (54,99€)
Just Dance 4 (49,99€)
Family Party: 30 Great Games (34,99€)
FIFA 13 (69,99€)
Darksiders 2 (59,99€)
Ben 10 Omniverse (54,99€)

Wii U-Applications
UPLAY-App (free)

Wii U-Demos
FIFA 13 (free)

Source

How large SD card is needed for wii -> wii u transfer?

I have an 32 MB laying around but if larger is needed I may need to plunder some other electronic device.

krumble

Wowowowowowow
Hyped much?
TNT just delivered my ZombiU pack from shopto...
Haven't been this excited to open something in years (37yr man child from the uk)

CassSept

I had that problem at one point. What I did was unplug the router/dsl for a minute then started it back up. Then I tried connecting the Wii U and it found my router.

Others have had to do more drastic things, that I wouldn't know how to do.

Still getting Error 103-1003. You must be joking. Jesus Nintendo. I never had problems with my router and now this. It even works flawlessly with 3DS, yet WiiU can't find it. The hell.

luffeN

What was again the best way to add people on Miiverse?

And it did automatically install the update. I just came back and it said that I just need to restart the console. The auto power off feature was not available prior to the update I think?

What was again the best way to add people on Miiverse?

And it did automatically install the update. I just came back and it said that I just need to restart the console. The auto power off feature was not available prior to the update I think?

on Miiverse hit User Menu > Search Users > type name small caps okay does not matter if the name has Caps > Ok > if they exist you will see the user pop up go to profile send friend request.

NNID: nazaire

luffeN

on Miiverse hit User Menu > Search Users > type name small caps okay does not matter if the name has Caps > Ok > if they exist you will see the user pop up go to profile send friend request.

NNID: nazaire

Request sent! I cannot receive requests yet because I have to add at least one guy via the friends list?

And if you guys do it the way Smiles said, then you can add a small message saying that you are from GAF.

I don't see no Puddle or Fifa demo or any uPlay app on my US eShop you EU guys are so lucky :(

Request sent! I cannot receive requests yet because I have to add at least one guy via the friends list?

And if you guys do it the way Smiles said, then you can add a small message saying that you are from GAF.

all set... hope you will have time to enjoy your Wii U later :)

I'll go to bed soon hope to wake up to Puddle on US eShop

I would like to know what are the limits to the Fifa demo, hope its not like the 3DS demos with 30 play limits

JavyOO7

Haven't had time to play Wii U this week but played a bit yesterday. Going through NSMBU really slowly making sure to getting all the stars for each level. Its getting pretty good.

Only issue is the router and the Wii U when the router is a long distance off. Even though my mac mini, regular Wii and 3DS can hit the router just fine from this distance, the Wii U can't. As long as I go to my sister's place and place the Wii U there its fine. I do this so I can see the newly updated messages on Miiverse. <3

Woffls

Yo I got me one of these Wii U's today (UK) and I want to transfer my Wii content over to it at some point, but I don't have the internet at home, and I can't find a way of getting component cables to plug into any of the monitors at work.

My question is, can I do all the updates, start playing games, download stuff from the store, and then transfer stuff from my Wii later, or does that have to be done at the start? It's not a huge deal as all I have on the Wii is 3 VC games and some saves... not that I fancy getting to 241 stars again in Galaxy 2 :\

So yeah, nice hardware otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom