• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1 new Wii U was sold in the US in September. First time a new Wii U sold since May 2022.

dave_d

I bought a new PS3 two years ago for more than MSRP…$400. It was definitely worth having a new system with a first party controller!
I bought a new PS3 a decade ago ago for $100 in preparation for when my original dies, a few years before I really needed to worry about it, but I think it was a Cyber Monday deal so it was cheap (the console prices back then already were reasonable, though). Last console I bought.
Pretty much I would want a PS3 for a similar reason. In my case my blu-ray drive is dying so I need to replace it. (I've already bought a replacement laser and drive mechanism. I just have to take things apart and put it in. Still it would be easier if I just had another PS3.)

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Best batting average First Party games console.
Democratic National Convention Dnc GIF by Election 2016

Drew1440

I dug up my wiiu excited to play… turns out if you don’t use it for a while something happens to the memory and its a useless brick.. at least that’s what happens to mine

Edit: and some other ppl
I believe it only affects models that use Micron memory, Samsung/Toshiba are perhaps Ok. Easiest way is to softmod the console which should tell you the manufacturer, and dump/backup to an SD card to be safe.

I wonder what store sold it.

You’d be surprised. The meijer (regional Walmart superstore) in my hometown still had the display case overhead banner for the GameCube well into 2015. I am not joking. Every time I walked by for years it cracked me up that no one ever thought to take it down.

Top Bottom