• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision press event...NEWS FLASH: The Wii is fun and 1080p games look great

Status
Not open for further replies.
shit these xdf guys are pretty pathetic. Who cares if ps3 is a little better at some stuff compared to 360? Getta a life! If you ignore these comments then I bet the sdf guys won't bring em up again

Speevy

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
If you ignore these comments then I bet the sdf guys won't bring em up again

This isn't a 3rd grade classroom. If something can be brought up on this forum, it will be.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Dead pixels are really not defects. They just happen as a result of our manufacturing process with LCD screens. It's unfortunate, but it isn't like there is a foolproof way to do it yet. I understand they are defects in the typical sense of the word, but farts are defects of our digestive system. Eh.

There SHOULD be a foolproof way to manufacture 360 graphics cards (if that's what is overheating or whatever), though!

But it doesn't matter, because MS realized there was a problem and is fixing all broken units. What more could you want? Seriously.

Zer0

Banned
m0dus said:
Right-o! because when a fanboy pulls a 20% failure rate out of his ass, that's alot of damage to control :.

let me see.even gaming steve have is 360 broken.one of the edge colummnist jeff minter got another broken system,cheap ass gamers wombat,another one.etc etc

i have friends with his third 360 since the launch,thats normal? no way dude

m0dus said:
I think someone may have pulled a fast one on you there, bud.

And for the record, I do, and no, there are none present. Not on my LCD tv, monitor, my Dell Axim 51v, or my PSP.

The psp screen doesn't give me the red ring of dead.

If you keep saying dead pixels are decfects then there is no point in the arguement because you keep bringing in "fiction".

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
jarosh said:
HOLY SHIT

laughinvert.gif
laughinvert.gif
laughinvert.gif

Holy shit that LOL face is awesome. Did you make them yourself.

Speevy

Banned
Zer0 said:
let me see.even gaming steve have is 360 broken.one of the edge colummnist jeff minter got another broken system,cheap ass gamers wombat,another one.etc etc

i have friends with his third 360 since the launch,thats normal? no way dude

Hint: This argument is unwinnable for you.

I can say I know 500 people with broken 360s. I still don't win. No one knows how many 360s have broken, only that there's a problem. Persisting in this line of reasoning makes you look silly.

RavenFox

Banned
m0dus said:
Right-o! because when a fanboy pulls a 20% failure rate out of his ass, that's alot of damage to control :lol Seriously, at a certain point (well below "15%") the RETAILERS themselves will demand action, because they are losing money.

I'll say it once more, a bit slower for you: In console launches all things remain equal. manufacturing difficulties, hardware defects, and the like. Things are just as likely to be blown out of proportion as they are to get swept under the rug. Accept it. deal with it. Or don't buy that shiny new machine in the first 6 months of its life.

Dont care about the failure rate just the certain degree of microsoft pillow lovers in this thread.
I mean whose who on the payroll in here?

LM4sure

Banned
So Activision has been able to use PS3's extra power to make the games look better than the 360 version? Hmmm...may have to reconsider getting a PS3.

snatches

acousticvan said:
The psp screen doesn't give me the red ring of dead.

If you keep saying dead pixels are decfects then there is no point in the arguement because you keep bringing in "fiction".

this doesn't stop the fast that you're original statement is non-sensical. Saying that a $60 warranty that you are not forced to buy needs to be factored into a 360 purchase and only a 360 purchase is a ridiculous one. that is how this whole discussion began. if you are going to buy a game machine at launch: buyer beware. the psx, ps2, and 360 have taught us that lesson.

m0dus said:
:lol whatever bud. We'll conveniently ingore my point regarding the 90-day warranty on every other sony product. OR the other points you've convieniently ignored / omitted! High five!

high_five.gif

We are talking about game machines why did you bring in other electronic products.

snatches said:
this doesn't stop the fast that you're original statement is non-sensical. Saying that a $60 warranty that you are not forced to buy needs to be factored into a 360 purchase and only a 360 purchase is a ridiculous one. that is how this whole discussion began. if you are going to buy a game machine at launch: buyer beware. the psx, ps2, and 360 have taught us that lesson.

You have to buy it because of the high failure rate.

snatches

acousticvan said:
You have to buy it because of the high failure rate.

so despite the high failure rate of psx and ps2 you won't be buying the warranty on the ps3? and you are getting it at launch? if not explain your reasoning please.

m0dus said:
Reading FTW?

Your mistake is, you seem to think this is an anti-sony rant. or a pro-microsoft rant. no, this is a "face the facts" rant: You buy a launch system, (and I don't care which one you're getting) you are TAKING a risk. It is not a "hidden" risk or a "hidden" cost. It is also not limited to ONE hardware manufacturer or the other, it is the reality of our little industry. If you want to continue this defense-force bullshit, I'm more than happy to bow out of the conversation.

The fact of the matter is PStwo-slims have 1 year warranty.
And the fact of the matter is you keep editing your posts. Can you just make up your mind before posting?

Speevy

Banned
snatches said:
so despite the high failure rate of psx and ps2 you won't be buying the warranty on the ps3? and you are getting it at launch? if not explain your reasoning please.

I've heard the failure rate of the PS2 can be as high as 95% in certain instances
like you when you pitch it from a moving car

RavenFox

Banned
acousticvan said:
And the fact of the matter is you keep editing your posts. Can you just make up your mind before posting?
You notice the edits too huh?

snatches

acousticvan said:

guess it took them a while to work out the kinks. the ps2 had a 90 day warranty for 5 years if you include the Japan launch:

LIMITED WARRANTY FOR THE PLAYSTATION 2 COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM

Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) warrants to the original purchaser that this product (hardware, game discs and accessories) shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of purchase (the "Warranty Period"). If this product is determined to be defective during the Warranty Period, SCEA agrees to either repair or replace, at its option, the SCEA product. You must call 1-800-345-SONY to receive instructions to obtain repair/replacement services.

icecream

Public Health Threat
m0dus said:
As I said before--if you're reading into this as a fanboy argument, you've missed the point: Early adoptors are taking a risk. There's no two which ways about it. If you are trying to turn it into some kind of system-wars bullshit, you're an idiot.
Exactly. You want to be first on the block, you take everything that comes with it- be it manufacturing processes, build issues, or dead pixels.

And as far as electronics go, if I have a dead pixel on my Bravia, PSP or my Dell LCD, you better be damned sure I'm going to get that thing replaced.

I'm not going to read this whole thread, but I disagree with the OP about PS3 vs. 360. I felt that 360 games at the event looked noticeably better than PS3 games, and had more consistent framerates as well. I'm not going to name specific games until the embargo is up (signed NDAs).

Speevy

Banned
Activision in general publishes games for the lowest common denominator.

What is the average difference between the Xbox and PS2 version of any given Activision game?

Chris Remo said:
I'm not going to read this whole thread, but I disagree with the OP about PS3 vs. 360. I felt that 360 games at the event looked noticeably better than PS3 games, and had more consistent framerates as well. I'm not going to name specific games until the embargo is up (signed NDAs).

You're right, X360 games have a hard time running at 30fps while PS3 games runs at 60fps and 1080p.

snatches

Chris Remo said:

o rly?

the important issue, Chris, is how many of your friends have broken 360's? LOLZ

You're right, X360 games have a hard time running at 30fps while PS3 games runs at 60fps and 1080p.

what

acousticvan said:
There was only one game I felt had a framerate problem, and it was on PS3.

snatches said:
o rly?

the important issue, Chris, is how many of your friends have broken 360's? LOLZ

what
I don't know anyone else personally with an Xbox 360, but many of our site's readers have had broken 360s.

snatches

Chris Remo said:
There was only one game I felt had a framerate problem, and it was on PS3.

I don't know anyone else personally with an Xbox 360, but many of our site's readers have had broken 360s.

I was joking as per the rather harsh derailing of this thread.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Speevy said:
Activision in general publishes games for the lowest common denominator.

What is the average difference between the Xbox and PS2 version of any given Activision game?

The logo on the cover. Oh, and the button icon for "action button" in-game and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom