• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2012

Effect

The eShop cards. You can't spread the amount on the card around can you? Put some in the 3DS eShop and then some in the Wii U eShop? Or once you use the code it all goes in?

Thinking returning an unopened game tomorrow and then picking up a card or perhaps two of lower amounts if I have to along with Theatrhytm finally.

beril

That's very, very reasonable. Reading up some reviews on the Android version right now. The only complaints are that it doesn't have traditional D-Pad and buttons, I guess problem solved!

So can you set the prices on the 3DS eShop?

In europe they've just changed to a new system where I can set the price and release date myself and do sales (though there's not much room for lowering the price on Gunman Clive). I'm not sure if/when they'll change to the new system in the US, so it's still Nintendo who'll decide the price there, but hopefully they'll use the price I requested.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So, basically, 3DS European eShop is following most of Wii U eShop rules now ( freedom in release, price, sales). Good to know, thanks. :)

also

Banned
In europe they've just changed to a new system where I can set the price and release date myself and do sales (though there's not much room for lowering the price on Gunman Clive). I'm not sure if/when they'll change to the new system in the US, so it's still Nintendo who'll decide the price there, but hopefully they'll use the price I requested.
Congratulations on your upcoming release!
NoE superiority confirmed yet again. BTW, does NoE give you an estimate of the number of games that are planned to be released in the coming weeks so that you can plan your release date, i.e., avoid crowded weeks? Is there a limit on how many new releases there can be in any given week?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
The European version of Gunman Clive for 3DS has now been approved! The release date is set to december 20.

While the American version has been approved for some time, the relase date is still not final, but it will (hopefully) be early january
Thanks for the heads-up. Game is on my shopping list.

Welp, because I just found out about enabling the green screen on Game Boy games, I went on a shopping spree.

I came back alive with:

Gargoyle's Quest
BurgerTime Deluxe
Game & Watch Gallery 2

I just wish it saved my display choice (1:1 dot mode) instead of having to enable it each time I start a game.

sakipon

I just wish it saved my display choice (1:1 dot mode) instead of having to enable it each time I start a game.

I think this is on top of my wishlist regarding 3DS fixes. I often remember the mode thing only after seeing the blurry image and then most of the time I go back and restart the game. Only some DS games look well enough to not reset. Oh well...

I think this is on top of my wishlist regarding 3DS fixes. I often remember the mode thing only after seeing the blurry image and then most of the time I go back and restart the game. Only some DS games look well enough to not reset. Oh well...
I think I'm going to eMail Nintendo to suggest it as a future option, maybe it does nothing but at the very least they'll see it.

Yes Boss!

So, saturday morning and I'm looking for something to DL on the eShop for Wii U. Not proper games. I've got Nano, and can't make my mind up between Trine 2 and Little Inferno. Also, Have Mighty Switch Force on the 3DS so I don't think I need that one (unless it is recommended).

What should I get?

So, saturday morning and I'm looking for something to DL on the eShop for Wii U. Not proper games. I've got Nano, and can't make my mind up between Trine 2 and Little Inferno. Also, Have Mighty Switch Force on the 3DS so I don't think I need that one (unless it is recommended).

What should I get?
I personally don't like it (well, the first game), but I would suggest Trine 2 over Little Inferno, as LI is more of a virtual toy thing, I think.

So how do I download the Gold Classics Pack for NSMB? I tried the eShop and went into the Coin Rush mode in NSMB2 but I can't find it.

So how do I download the Gold Classics Pack for NSMB? I tried the eShop and went into the Coin Rush mode in NSMB2 but I can't find it.

You can download DLC through the game itself. It explains it more detail in the e-manual I believe (I sold my copy of the game a while ago)

You can download DLC through the game itself. It explains it more detail in the e-manual I believe (I sold my copy of the game a while ago)

Thanks. Just read the e-manual. Apparently, you actually have to open the SpotPass notification for the download packs before the "Shop" button will appear in game.

So even though I knew I needed to download the course in-game, I still had to open up a Notification on the main menu of the 3DS.

Oh, Nintendo...

piteru

Banned

What should I get?
Trine 2 all the way

OK so I'm trying to scratch my brain for a site I've seen where you can buy pretty much all the points cards from all the various regions in the world. Not just Nintendo Points but PSN and XBLA. I've seen the site but I stupidly forgot to save it and can't for the life of me remember what it is.

Anyone know the site I'm talking about?

terrisus

So, question, which I figure this is probably as good a place as any to get.

At Wii U launch, I had gotten the physical versions of New Super Mario Bros. U and NintendoLand. I haven't played NintendoLand much yet, but have beaten New Super Mario Bros. U (although of course I have a bunch of stuff left to go back and do), and my wife is still playing through her file as well.

I'm thinking it may be easier to just have them both on the system as digital downloads though, so I don't have to deal with switching discs back and forth. I don't want us to have to go through beating everything again though.

I know with the 3DS we're still waiting on the "transfer tool" that's coming "at some point next year," but, how do things work with the Wii U? It would be nice if the save from the physical game would just work with the digital game as well, but I'm guessing the system would see them as two separate things (although I would be happy to find out otherwise). Anyone have any idea if that does happen or not? Or, if there is a solution in place for that sort of thing, or if it will just be another "waiting until next year at some point" sort of thing for when they put something in place to do that?

Not that it's that big a deal, obviously I'm fine just continuing with the physical versions and switching them back and forth, was just curious if anyone knew.

DarkWish

So, question, which I figure this is probably as good a place as any to get.

At Wii U launch, I had gotten the physical versions of New Super Mario Bros. U and NintendoLand. I haven't played NintendoLand much yet, but have beaten New Super Mario Bros. U (although of course I have a bunch of stuff left to go back and do), and my wife is still playing through her file as well.

I'm thinking it may be easier to just have them both on the system as digital downloads though, so I don't have to deal with switching discs back and forth. I don't want us to have to go through beating everything again though.

I know with the 3DS we're still waiting on the "transfer tool" that's coming "at some point next year," but, how do things work with the Wii U? It would be nice if the save from the physical game would just work with the digital game as well, but I'm guessing the system would see them as two separate things (although I would be happy to find out otherwise). Anyone have any idea if that does happen or not? Or, if there is a solution in place for that sort of thing, or if it will just be another "waiting until next year at some point" sort of thing for when they put something in place to do that?

Not that it's that big a deal, obviously I'm fine just continuing with the physical versions and switching them back and forth, was just curious if anyone knew.
For Wii U, save files are compatible. Had Nintendo Land on disk with the Deluxe Set and started a save file on it. Same with Assassin's Creed III. Traded both in and downloaded them on the eShop. Save files were recognized just as if I played it on a disk.

For the 3DS, saves are on the cartridge, so that's why a transfer tool will be needed. But Wii U saves are on the system (or external hard drive if you use one). So the save files are compatible between physical and digital copies of games.

Drago

Has there been any word if Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy will be put up for sale on the eShop?

Nope, nothing. Just a demo. A surprise release wouldn't be out of the question though, as all 3rd party digital releases in NA have been random surprises so far.

Is it up on the JP eShop?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Nope, nothing. Just a demo. A surprise release wouldn't be out of the question though, as all 3rd party digital releases in NA have been random surprises so far.

Is it up on the JP eShop?

No.

And SE only put Bravely Default there because they were forced to. I don't think we'll see their retail catalogue showing up on the eShop anytime soon.

Drago

Thanks for the quick response.

I would think a digital rerelease at $20 would do great things for the game, but if it ever does get a digital release it would probably still be $40 like everything else besides Bit.Trip :/

And SE only put Bravely Default there because they were forced to. I don't think we'll see their retail catalogue showing up on the eShop anytime soon.

Eh? Is there anywhere I can find the story behind this?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Eh? Is there anywhere I can find the story behind this?

I'm a lazy bastard, so I won't give you a link (unless you really want one, lol), but they were basically forced to put the game up on the eShop because the demand was too high and they were having problems with new shipments.

SE even made a post on the game's official Facebook page explaining the situation.

Edit: Here you go - http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=379025022172166&id=173822029359134

Drago

I'm a lazy bastard, so I won't give you a link (unless you really want one, lol), but they were basically forced to put the game up on the eShop because the demand was too high and they were having problems with new shipments.

SE even made a post on the game's official Facebook page explaining the situation.

Edit: Here you go - http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=379025022172166&id=173822029359134

Ah, thank you very much. :)

Who knows, maybe the digital release did well enough to convince SE to eventually put more of their 3DS games up digitally. Still, it probably won't mean much for anyone outside of Japan :/

I think they are mad not putting Theatrhythmup on the eShop. It just makes sense as the game has a tonne of DLC thats going to be tied to the system to have the game on the system at all times as well.

Also I wish Square would put Heroes of Ruin up on the eShop, I really think that game would do great as a $20 download.

Liked the Fractured Sould demo. I had it on my radar since I enjoyed the other double screen platformers (Chronos Twins and Divergent Shift), but the price puts me off. Would have no problem paying $20 for a retail release, but I'm wary of buying digital stuff unless cheap.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Liked the Fractured Sould demo. I had it on my radar since I enjoyed the other double screen platformers (Chronos Twins and Divergent Shift), but the price puts me off. Would have no problem paying $20 for a retail release, but I'm wary of buying digital stuff unless cheap.

Fractured Soul was originally supposed to be a retail game, until their publisher flaked out on them.

zroid

Banned
Square Enix's hand being "forced" to put their game on the eShop is kind of the perfect storm of stupid and awesome.

terrisus

For Wii U, save files are compatible. Had Nintendo Land on disk with the Deluxe Set and started a save file on it. Same with Assassin's Creed III. Traded both in and downloaded them on the eShop. Save files were recognized just as if I played it on a disk.

For the 3DS, saves are on the cartridge, so that's why a transfer tool will be needed. But Wii U saves are on the system (or external hard drive if you use one). So the save files are compatible between physical and digital copies of games.

Ah, nifty. Obviously I realized they should be much easier to be compatible than the 3DS situation, but still, I could just as easily have seen it being a case of, "Well, this save is for the physical version of GameX, and this save is for the digital version of GameX," even though they were both sitting in the same location. So, glad to hear that does work fine if I do decide to go that route.

Erethian

Ah, thank you very much. :)

Who knows, maybe the digital release did well enough to convince SE to eventually put more of their 3DS games up digitally. Still, it probably won't mean much for anyone outside of Japan :/

I wouldn't be surprised to see publishers use the budget releases as a chance to put the games up on the eShop, like Capcom has done with Mercenaries and Monster Hunter.

zroid

Banned
Question about the 3DS and/or Wii U eShops

If you purchase games from one region's shop (let's say US), and then change your region (to let's say Canada), will the games you purchased earlier still appear in your download history within the Canadian eShop? Or would you have to switch back to re-download those games?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
DL2 is my favorite Kirby game, although I haven't played them all.

Dat Rick.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Question about the 3DS and/or Wii U eShops

If you purchase games from one region's shop (let's say US), and then change your region (to let's say Canada), will the games you purchased earlier still appear in your download history within the Canadian eShop? Or would you have to switch back to re-download those games?

I don't know about the Wii U but you can definitely do this on 3DS.

Fractured Soul was originally supposed to be a retail game, until their publisher flaked out on them.
Love concept of the game, but the presentation from the menus to the graphics themselves are terrrible. It literally looks like and uprezzed DS game. I wish they could have dramatically upped the texture resolution and added AA at least.

Effect

No.

That's crazy. I can't understand why they're so reluctant to put their titles up for sale digitally.

Linkup

Love concept of the game, but the presentation from the menus to the graphics themselves are terrrible. It literally looks like and uprezzed DS game. I wish they could have dramatically upped the texture resolution and added AA at least.

Having played it I can say it's exactly that, a straight DS port. It doesn't even need a texture res increase, but AA would have been great along with actually supporting 3D. Needs to be patched with those two things and half the current price.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Having played it I can say it's exactly that, a straight DS port. It doesn't even need a texture res increase, but AA would have been great along with actually supporting 3D. Needs to be patched with those two things and half the current price.

It's not a DS port--the game existed on DS and was entirely 2D, the 3DS version has all-new visuals, they're just a tiny team who busted their arse to get something running in order to make launch.

The game doesn't support 3D because it's pointless for a game with a screen-switching gimmick.

Finally getting around to transferring all my stuff from my Wii to my WiiU, I'll tell you what, redownloading 127 Wii/VC games from t he Wii Shop to my Wii U is a pain in the arse. My god the Wii Shop is soo slow. We really have come along way from where we started.

Finally getting around to transferring all my stuff from my Wii to my WiiU, I'll tell you what, redownloading 127 Wii/VC games from t he Wii Shop to my Wii U is a pain in the arse. My god the Wii Shop is soo slow. We really have come along way from where we started.
Why did you redownload them? They should have been part of the transfer.

Top Bottom