• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2012

Why did you redownload them? They should have been part of the transfer.
It's 127 VC/Wiiware games, I had them on my SD card, not the system itself, transfer only works for titles on the system memory, anything on your SD card you need to redownload. I'm calling it quits atb37 titles down for the night, will work on downloading the rest during the week.
So Nintendo hates Australia, right? We don't get Switch Force. Its out in Europe but not in Upsidedown Europe.
It's not Nintendo, it's Wayforward. They are really sluggish about getting their games out down here, heck as far as I remember Shantae never came out on DSiware here. It's got to do with costs of having the games OFLC rated and the fact we are a small country. They don't see it as being worth it :( heck lots of companies don't release stuff on the Nintendo download stores here due to it. It's why I got a US 3DS and set my Wii U to UK so I won't miss out on anything

batbeg

It's 127 VC/Wiiware games, I had them on my SD card, not the system itself, transfer only works for titles on the system memory, anything on your SD card you need to redownload.
I don't think that's accurate. Everything on my system transferred, including SD card stuff.

Although I suppose I haven't tried LAUNCHING a game from the SD card, but they appeared in the SD Card Menu, if you just copy pasted an SD card and put it in another system, I don't think it would even get that far. I'll give it a try later today though, I might be in for a bummer of a day though, hah.

I'm with you on this, Worthintendo. I did the same thing and it was so annoying. Seven pages of games to redownload.
  • Yes I want to download this
  • yes, to SD card
  • yes, I know it's only those controller options...
  • waiting for DL
  • yes, it's ready,
  • yes, I read the health notice
  • Goddamnit, main menu, I was on page five of seven
  • downloaded titles
  • waiting
  • page down
  • waiting
  • page down
  • waiting
  • select game to download
rinse repeat

It's especially annoying cause you have to point to the screen every now and then. You cannot use buttons all alone to do it "blind" :(

I did it finally. Never again :D

@PixelJunket: The games need to be downloaded again. You cannot start them. They are tight to the "ID" or whatever of your old Wii

zroid

Banned
I don't think that's accurate. Everything on my system transferred, including SD card stuff.

Although I suppose I haven't tried LAUNCHING a game from the SD card, but they appeared in the SD Card Menu, if you just copy pasted an SD card and put it in another system, I don't think it would even get that far. I'll give it a try later today though, I might be in for a bummer of a day though, hah.

Yeah, this is something that came out a back on launch weekend. Unlike on 3DS, your SD card games are not usable if you simply stick the card in the Wii U, for some reason. They need to be redownloaded one by one.

It's supremely stupid. :\

This is the main reason I haven't even bothered doing the system transfer. Well, that and I don't want to lose GC controller support on SSBB.

I'm with you on this, Worthintendo. I did the same thing and it was so annoying. Seven pages of games to redownload.
  • yes, to SD card
  • waiting for DL
  • yes, it's ready,
  • downloaded titles
  • waiting
  • page down
  • waiting
  • page down
  • waiting
rinse repeat

It's especially annoying cause you have to point to the screen every now and then. You cannot use buttons all alone to do it "blind" :(

@PixelJunket: The games need to be downloaded again. You cannot start them. They are tight to the "ID" or whatever of your old Wii
Yeah, now imagine doing that for 14 pages of games :/, I'm lucky that there are a few WiiWare demos in there I'm not going to bother redownloading but its still soo slow and long. Lucky I have my Laptop with me and can just play FTL while I'm doing it. But at least I know my Wii Digital content will be fine, I was getting worried my launch Wii was going to die soon and I didn't want to loose all my games.

One thing funny I didn't expect was that my Wii still have all the digital games on it, I dunno if its cause I used a new SD card for the transfer and kept the old one for my Wii (32 GB that I wanted to keep attached to the Wii for Homebrew stuff).

But yeah the process is long and stupid. Would it really have hurt Nintendo to have a download all to the SD card option or something :/

Sigh, I'm not looking forward to that.

I wish I would have known beforehand, I could have put most of my VC games on system memory and just redownloaded WiiWare.

Javier

Yeah, I'm getting the console tomorrow, so just now I moved as much stuff as I could from the SD to the Wii. I moved most of the low-sized games (mainly all the NES games and a few SNES ones), so now I don't have to worry about redownloading too much stuff (went from 60 to around 35).

Yeah, I'm getting the console tomorrow, so just now I moved as much stuff as I could from the SD to the Wii. I moved most of the low-sized games (mainly all the NES games and a few SNES ones), so now I don't have to worry about redownloading too much stuff (went from 60 to around 35).
I'm kicking myself for not doing this when I did the transfer, would have made things soo much easier.

On the plus side just got the swimming Mario & Luigi download animation for the first time ever, so thats cool. Almost through Page 5, but still 9 pages to go :/ I can't believe I used to think the Wii Shop was ok, its amazing just how far Nintendo has come with the eShop and how much better that is.

Also Friday can't come soon enough, Crimson Shroud, Bit Trip Saga and hope against hope finally Ninja Gaiden on the 3DS VC. Gonna be a costly week me thinks. Add to that I'm tempted to get Harvest Moon as well but might just hold out for the GBC version thats been announced for the VC for my portable Farming fix.

One thing funny I didn't expect was that my Wii still have all the digital games on it, I dunno if its cause I used a new SD card for the transfer and kept the old one for my Wii (32 GB that I wanted to keep attached to the Wii for Homebrew stuff).
Do you mean like on the SD card or launchable?

The transfer basically moves the Wii Shop account to a new system then deleted the shop account. Deleted shop account deletes all license tickets, games won't work. Any on Wii menu are wiped. Ones on SD card stay there but can't launch due to lacking permission to run (it may still decrypt since the Wiis private key is unchanged*).

*-This is why you have to redownload everything. Wii U, counts as new Wii with its own private key so all your games encoded with the old key won't work. The upside is apparently you can merge accounts.

The transfer basically moves the Wii Shop account to a new system then deleted the shop account. Deleted shop account deletes all license tickets, games won't work. Any on Wii menu are wiped. Ones on SD card stay there but can't launch due to lacking permission to run (it may still decrypt since the Wiis private key is unchanged*).

*-This is why you have to redownload everything. Wii U, counts as new Wii with its own private key so all your games encoded with the old key won't work. The upside is apparently you can merge accounts.
Ahh I see your right, I saw all the game channels still there on my Wii but hadn't tried to load them up, when I just tried they won't load. Oh well, false hope I guess. If only Nintendo had an account based system like that of say PSN and your downloads could be played on multiple systems but that would be too forward thinking for Nintendo I guess.

BooJoh

For those of you doing the Wii w/SD to Wii U transfer, do you lose your savegames for the SD card games, or are those stored in system memory?

I'm kind of not planning to transfer my Wii to Wii U unless they enable gamepad play of Wii games, since they use different hookups on my TV and my Wii can play GCN games at 480p, but how saves are handled is another bit of info that would weigh on my decision.

Also, is it true that LostWinds can't be transferred? I'm assuming the sequel also can't. Do they at least remain on the Wii?

Crashmo.

I bought it solely to help support titles like it, but it never really looked appealing to me. It always seemed like a quality game, just not for me. I decided to give it a run last night while watching the street fighter tournament, and holy hell people...this game is fucking spectacular! The set up is complex through it's simplicity, the visuals are crisp and clean and it all runs smooth. One thing that tends to annoy me even in good puzzle games is the sound design. Either it's bad ambient music or annoying effects, but there is always something. Crashmo even dodges that bullet by having a pleasant audio set up. The 3D is also deep as hell. It might have the most depth out of the games I've played for the system, which is just about everything.

It's the perfect game to play in spurts as well as one you could put some real sitting time with. If you are into puzzlers, I can't recommend it enough. At under $10, that puts it as one of the most under priced games in recent memory for me.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

I've already run into luck merging accounts from Wii's I've bought with broken disc drives and a game or two I wanted from the VC on them. Fixed the disc drive, wiped the content, sold the Wii for a slight profit.

M3d10n

Yeah, the key used to encrypt/decrypt installed channels/SD content was hardware-bound and cannot ever change. They fixed this on the 3DS: when you transfer to a new 3DS, SD cards bound to the old 3DS will work on the new one (it transfer the key to the new 3DS and generates a new one for the old 3DS).

Javier

This write up of Harvest Moon makes me really want to get it off the eshop. The writer calls it the best portable Harvest Moon to date.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/09...-echo-village/

Any new impressions from Gaffers on this? I really want it but I just started getting back into Layton and am still enjoying Paper Mario.
I've just finished the first Spring Season, and it's been really entertaining. The first few days are rather slow since there's little to do besides harvesting crops and searching for bugs to ship them, but once all the big features are introduced by the end of Spring, the game really clicks and the ball gets rolling. By that time you can also raise animals, cook stuff, participate in festivals, and build houses and decorations using blueprints. That's one great thing about this game, you don't just raise the farm, but also raise the town's population by building houses and stores.

This was my first retail game I got as DD, and I don't regret it. It's certainly a great game to always have around, and probably one of the best choices if you like Farming/Simcity-styled games. I've decided to stick with this one instead of waiting for Animal Crossing.

Oh, and it has waifus too. Only met one of them so far, but the rest shouldn't be far behind.

Effect

There are no digital versions of retail RPGS on the eShop yet right?

Also is Unchained Blades still coming out this month?

Qurupeke

The next week for Europe is rather good. Hydroventure 2 and Crimson Shroud. But probably nothing for me this week because of Denpa Men. :3

Oh and btw, there are software removals for DSiWare on 31/12...

Hell's Kitchen VS.
The Price is right
Where's Wally? Travel Pack 1,2,3

Tyeforce

I've already run into luck merging accounts from Wii's I've bought with broken disc drives and a game or two I wanted from the VC on them. Fixed the disc drive, wiped the content, sold the Wii for a slight profit.
Wait, are you saying you CAN do more than one Wii to Wii U transfer? How does it work? I already transferred data from my primary Wii console over to my Wii U. If I have some save data from the same games on another Wii system, will that data be overwritten on my Wii U, or will it just transfer any games/data that I don't already have on the Wii U?

MrMan2k3

Wait, are you saying you CAN do more than one Wii to Wii U transfer? How does it work? I already transferred data from my primary Wii console over to my Wii U. If I have some save data from the same games on another Wii system, will that data be overwritten on my Wii U, or will it just transfer any games/data that I don't already have on the Wii U?
I would like to know how this works as well. I had heard somewhere that it will overwrite Wii Mode Miis saved on your Wii U with the Miis from the newest Wii. Is that the case? Or does it merge the set of Miis from the two systems so that nothing is lost?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Rayman Legends (Ubisoft | Demo Version) Upcoming (12/13)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Discounts

• Metroid (Nintendo | NES | €5.00 | £4.50 €3.49 | £3.19) (From 12/13, Until 12/20)
  • Metroid II: The Return of Samus (Nintendo | Game Boy | €4.00 | £3.60 €2.99 | £2.69) (From 12/13, Until 12/20)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Crimson Shroud (Level-5 | €7.99 | £7.19) Upcoming (12/13)
  • Hydroventure: Spin Cycle (Nintendo | €9.99 | £8.99) Upcoming (12/13)

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

• Wizard Defenders (Teyon | 200 Points | €1.99 | £1.79) Upcoming (12/13)

Tyeforce

I would like to know how this works as well. I had heard somewhere that it will overwrite Wii Mode Miis saved on your Wii U with the Miis from the newest Wii. Is that the case? Or does it merge the set of Miis from the two systems so that nothing is lost?
I second this. Can anyone confirm how it works? I'd really like to do another Wii to Wii U transfer if I can, but not if there's a risk of losing save data and Miis.

Chopper

I second this. Can anyone confirm how it works? I'd really like to do another Wii to Wii U transfer if I can, but not if there's a risk of losing save data and Miis.
I can't confirm anything, but the fact that there is a fix coming for Lost Winds suggests that we are able to transfer from the Wii more than once without losing data.

Linkup

It's not a DS port--the game existed on DS and was entirely 2D, the 3DS version has all-new visuals, they're just a tiny team who busted their arse to get something running in order to make launch.

The game doesn't support 3D because it's pointless for a game with a screen-switching gimmick.

All new visuals that make it look like a 3D DS game, there really does seem to be a lack of lighting, polys, and textures. Oh so they rushed it too? That's probably why it sounds like a DS game and the effects look low res.

Then they should have at least supported 3DS level graphics or lighting or heck anything! All that is forgiven though including the high price as the concept is one that I enjoy. New levels is what I would ask for if they wanted to throw us who bought it a bone.

• yes, to SD card
  • waiting for DL
  • yes, it's ready,
  • downloaded titles
  • waiting
  • page down
  • waiting
  • page down
  • waiting
rinse repeat

Yeah, I went through this about a year ago when my Wii (and PS3) were stolen. It was a brutal, long process (aided by scotch and some good records). I was absolutely dreading doing this all over again on the WiiU (still haven't).

It occurred to me for a second, "It won't be so bad, I can watch Netflix on the PS3 while I redownload the games from the Wii shop on the WiiU gamepad... oh wait, that doesn't work at all".

Looks like more scotch and vinyl for me. Please please please Nintendo enable VC gamepad support.

gerudoman

So, how has Metroid II aged? I've played and loved Zero Mission, Super Metroid and Fusion and I'd like to have a look at II now that it's on sale, but I've the feeling that I'd better spend my money on Wario Land 3...

Jackano

A little unrelated, and I think this has been said somewhere but can't find a proper eshop thread, so, about the Wii U eShop music, I know it, but can't tell exactly:
It is a music from Mario Kart Wii or 3DS I think, maybe a Rainbow Road version, isn't it?

Ok my first thought was the good one, at least that was the track I was thinking about. Am I imagining it? I think there is something, but we probably can't say this was intentional. Ok I stop with that now! ^^"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8ZXZcQG_7I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHfCgGG2E7U

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Aw man.

Toki Tori 2 will miss its December 20th Wii U release date. It sucks, and we're sorry to disappoint you, but here's why!

Toki Tori 2’s a personal project for us. It’s first game we’ve made without being tied to a license or publisher, it’s something we’re putting a lot of love in, and it’s something that’s just not good enough to be released yet.

It’s also the most complete game experience we’ve developed so far; the whistle and stomp concept is rather unique, the game world is filled with all kinds of creatures, we’ve added an interactive storyline and we’ll allow you to explore the game’s world as you see fit. All these things are in the game right now, but there are so many things that could, no… should be a better that we feel we would do you a disservice to you if we release it in its current form.

So what now? We are busy making a plan to fix the the game’s current weak spots, in all categories ranging from gameplay to graphics to technology. We are not ready to commit to an exact release date at this point, but it will definitely be early in the new year.

In closing, we’d like to thank everyone for the support we’ve received this past year. We hope you’ll stick with us until the release!

THANKS!
http://twotribes.com/message/toki-tori-2-gets-better-later/

Burnburn

Oh well, I guess I'll spend my money on other games. Thanks!

I disagree with them, it has deffinitly aged, but that doesn't mean it's not a fun game anymore. It's a bit off an oddball in the Metroid franchise, but if you're a fan off the series and for only €3 I would recommend it.

Jackano

Why did you redownload them? They should have been part of the transfer.

Thats' a question, but the real pain will be when he will need to reredownloaded them when the Wii U Virtaul Console will be ready. I predict somehow the ROMs will be different or something like that, very Nintendo-like!

Lyude77

Should I get 1080 snowboarding from Club Nintendo? I liked the original SSX, if that helps. Is it kind of like that, or less trick based? Thanks in advance.

Shiggy

Should I get 1080 snowboarding from Club Nintendo? I liked the original SSX, if that helps. Is it kind of like that, or less trick based? Thanks in advance.

It aged really really badly. I loved 1080° Avalanche, but going back to 1080° Snowboarding was a huge disappointment. Of course, I expected the graphics to look rather badly as it's an N64 title; still, the game's controls and mechanics as well as stages weren't too much fun either. Thus my advice: Avoid and wait for something better.

Top Bottom