• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
hrm

6YDMc.jpg
Sweet, I'd been saving a sawed-in-half 360 controller for just such an occasion.

dani_dc

It's super silly that there isn't even at least a community badge.

I guess they don't want to incentivize it too much in fear that people would just spam "Likes" or something.

I would expect them to add either an acheivement/badget for Greenlight votes during the next sale, that's usually when they do such things.

I do hope we get an event this sale again, those are some of my favourite parts of the sales and the summer sales felt a bit dry with only the community badges.

Dishonored DLC just went up on Steam.

Anybody else planning on snagging this? Just waiting on my key from GMG. Looks like a lot of fun, I'm pretty excited for it. The gameplay in Dishonored is awesome, and it seems like this will be an entertaining set of challenges.

I picked up the Dunwall City Trials, even though I'm more keen on the next story-based DLC than this score attack/leaderboard-centric stuff. Nothing else this year has quite held my attention like Dishonored.

Salsa

Dishonored is the GOTY, but much like the XCOM dlc i'll wait for a cheaper price (specially nearing sales). Story-based one is the one that really matters anyway.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
the game doesn't know whether it has partial or full controller support?

Maybe it's the same as Ubi's earlier games this gen, wherein the wireless X360 controller is partially supported while the wired controller is fully supported. :p

Dishonored is the GOTY, but much like the XCOM dlc i'll wait for a cheaper price (specially nearing sales). Story-based one is the one that really matters anyway.

Yeah, the story based DLC is definitely what I'm really looking forward to. However, I really loved the gameplay and all of the powers and whatnot in Dishonored, so I'm looking forward to being able to mess around with them in Dunwall City Trials.

Hellix

Have there been any successful RPG Maker games? Despite the ability to import your own content, it looks like a platform where it is hard to differentiate your game in a sea of top-down 2D RPGs.

Dishonored DLC just went up on Steam.

Anybody else planning on snagging this? Just waiting on my key from GMG. Looks like a lot of fun, I'm pretty excited for it. The gameplay in Dishonored is awesome, and it seems like this will be an entertaining set of challenges.

Thank you for posting this. I was just gonna wait till 1pm to pick it up tomorrow, but I'm gonna start this up now. I've been excited about this for weeks.

I'm not sure whether to pick up Far Cry 3 at £29.99; I'm kind of tempted, but would hold out if it was going to get discounted more. How likely is it to get a massive discount during the xmas sales? Ideally, the best price would be around £14.99, do new games get such discounts?

SteveWD40

is there anything good for mac on steam yet? ):

Every good Indie game this past 24 months, Black Ops 1, Civ 5, Witcher 2, Valve stuff....

So yeah, a fair bit, just a shame the pricing for Mac only ports can be awful and Aspyr still hold some of the older stuff hostage (COD4 for one).

DagsJT

I'm not sure whether to pick up Far Cry 3 at £29.99; I'm kind of tempted, but would hold out if it was going to get discounted more. How likely is it to get a massive discount during the xmas sales? Ideally, the best price would be around £14.99, do new games get such discounts?

People will be selling keys cheaper than that. For example, some are getting copies free with their AMD cards.

JaseC

AC:Revs was 25% off during last year's Christmas/Winter Sale and it too released in November, so I would expect the same for Far Cry 3 as well as AssCreed 3.

Given that there are more than three trials/missions, Dunwall City Trials adds something relatively substantive compared to the Xcom DLC.

There's currently a way to get a 90% of coupon for Death Rally, but it requires facebook (stolen 1:1 from reddit)

Claim the offer at http://www.facebook.com/Deathrally/posts/476978029007299 (Facebook registration required).

After claiming the offer you’ll get a redemption code, which is also sent to your email.
Enter the redemption code to the Dollar app at https://www.facebook.com/Deathrally/app_245405195585499

The app gives you a Steam product key, which can be activated by opening the Steam client and going to Games -> Activate a Product.
Finally go to the Death Rally product page at http://store.steampowered.com/app/108700/ and you’ll be able to purchase the game with a 90% discount.

Be quick to claim your code before they run out! The offer ends December 31st 2012.
Btw the coupon also expired at December 31st 2012.
Death Rally Store page
http://store.steampowered.com/app/108700/

Sadly, this won't even work for most here, since it currently doesn't stack with the 15% discount you get for owning Alan Wake.

Petrie

Banned
I bought it twice so it's worth plenty more than 2$.

It'll probably be 5$ is what I'm trying to say. Who cares, just pony up the extra 3$.

I just haven't seen it on sale since then is all. I'm guessing it got a midweek or something and I missed that too.

Nabs

There's currently a way to get a 90% of coupon for Death Rally, but it requires facebook (stolen 1:1 from reddit)

Sadly, this won't even work for most here, since it currently doesn't stack with the 15% discount you get for owning Alan Wake.

Boo!

Sarcasm

FFFF What do you do when you break a gas mask in Metro 2033? I get attacked by like 10 like leper dogs!

Guess find a new one on ground...?

Alienups

Dumped €150 on my paypal account in preparation for the sale.

Going to go for all the achievements this time since i want the TF item (if they do the same as the last two years of course)

JaseC

I notice it doesn't seem to have a buy button or price, does that mean it's only available in certain regions or is it just because it hasn't unlocked yet?

The latter -- there's no pre-purchase period. If the game weren't available in certain regions, you'd see this instead:

An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region

Edit: b10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom